Clean Air Tips?

TiredofLies

I live in a highly polluted area, more so my particular neighborhood. My roommate smokes, neighbors all smoke (front, back, sides, above and below) and indoors is carpeted so I vacuum every day. I sometimes find that indoors my nose is stuffy, I see particles in the air and I smell cigarette smoke if I get near a window. At night I have to tape my mouth shut so my nose breaths only, this is essential so your breath doesn't smell and germs don't enter you orally. I shut my room door so everything is pure, I like to sleep with the window open but I risk my neighbors waking up before me and smoking while I'm sleeping.

Any way to purify the air in my house?

tara

Constant cigarette smoke smell would drive me round the bend. Not surprised you don't like it.

Nice to hear another taping story. :)

I once live in an apartment that had a filter across the small ventilation window. There was a separate larger window to let in light. I was not in a highly polluted area, but the filter became quite blackened over a year or so from all the pollution it captured.
Maybe you could find some suitable filtering cloth to cover the open window space?

I imagine you long term plan might include finding a better place to live?

Amazoniac

Have you tried to fill your room with plants? I mean fill, not just a cute jar on your desk..
Ask them kindly if they could smoke outside, or far from your room, where the air can escape. If not, you can do for a few days something that they dislike in order to show how much it bothers to not being heard. And the ultimate escape is to find a doctor that can give you some sort of formal recommendation to avoid smokes for whatever reason (sensitivities, etc). A bit of a low shot but I would rather do that than have to deal with that much smoke..

BibleBeliever

Constant cigarette smoke smell would drive me round the bend. Not surprised you don't like it.

Nice to hear another taping story. :)

I once live in an apartment that had a filter across the small ventilation window. There was a separate larger window to let in light. I was not in a highly polluted area, but the filter became quite blackened over a year or so from all the pollution it captured.
Maybe you could find some suitable filtering cloth to cover the open window space?

I imagine you long term plan might include finding a better place to live?
What kind of tape do you use? Wouldn't your lips absorb all the chemicals in the tape?

Waynish

Get all of the plants on NASA's "how to produce air" list :)
Think you can find them on wiki

tara

What kind of tape do you use? Wouldn't your lips absorb all the chemicals in the tape?
I use a small piece of light papery tape - not sure what it's technical name is. I use grease between tape and lips to make it easier to remove in the morning. Don't know if that would provide a barrier or just a better solvent for tape chemicals. I hadn't thought about those chemicals. It doesn't have any strong smell. Using a chin strap insteead would completely avoid any such risk.

BibleBeliever

I use a small piece of light papery tape - not sure what it's technical name is. I use grease between tape and lips to make it easier to remove in the morning. Don't know if that would provide a barrier or just a better solvent for tape chemicals. I hadn't thought about those chemicals. It doesn't have any strong smell. Using a chin strap insteead would completely avoid any such risk.
Pretty good idea

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals