Optimal Dose Of Niacinamide For Stimulating Respiration

Jon

FYI I believe Dr. Peat has said 100mg 2 or 3 times a day is the dosage he has recommended...

See, that makes sense to me...I'm sitting here reading through this thread wondering how the hell anyone could feel ok with GRAM doses??? Wtf...I get that there are therapeutic applications but good lord...no wonder people don't feel good around here lol. Any time I've EVER tried to take more than 100mg of niacinamide I've gotten dizzy, sick to my stomach, and felt short of breath. It was even worse with high dose thiamin. 50mg of niacinamide made me warm, sleepy, and sped my heart up about 10bpm. Now if I use any at all I just take a 1-2mg dose before getting sun to aid the vit D synthesis. I feel like people would feel better on here if they looked for things to balance them out instead of trying to force their way to health.

Advocate2021

See, that makes sense to me...I'm sitting here reading through this thread wondering how the hell anyone could feel ok with GRAM doses??? Wtf...I get that there are therapeutic applications but good lord...no wonder people don't feel good around here lol. Any time I've EVER tried to take more than 100mg of niacinamide I've gotten dizzy, sick to my stomach, and felt short of breath. It was even worse with high dose thiamin. 50mg of niacinamide made me warm, sleepy, and sped my heart up about 10bpm. Now if I use any at all I just take a 1-2mg dose before getting sun to aid the vit D synthesis. I feel like people would feel better on here if they looked for things to balance them out instead of trying to force their way to health.
I was looking for a thread to shed light on why I feel so strange when I take niacinamide and here it is! I feel exactly and you describe re dizzy, short of breath. I feel very loopy and disoriented even with just 100 mg. I wonder what this might mean --perhaps a clue? Since I am still dealing with some symptoms of imbalance like severe chemical hypersensitivity, lower than optimal temps, etc., looking for the clues. I will try a lower dose of 50 mg tomorrow but do wonder what it means to have such an intense reaction to minimal amounts of this particular vitamin when many can tolerate much higher doses . thanks!

Greyfox

While I agree and experienced the same symptoms, especially shortness of breath, higher doses can be therapeutic. For example I took a 500mg dose recently and it completely reduced bowel inflammation that would not seem to reduce from other anti-inflammatories. It may be that higher doses are necessary as a brute force measure for unresponsive cells. Another time I took 500mg I was able to achieve a high fever and burned hot until all my health problems disappeared for 4 blissful days.

EnergeticLeo

While I agree and experienced the same symptoms, especially shortness of breath, higher doses can be therapeutic. For example I took a 500mg dose recently and it completely reduced bowel inflammation that would not seem to reduce from other anti-inflammatories. It may be that higher doses are necessary as a brute force measure for unresponsive cells. Another time I took 500mg I was able to achieve a high fever and burned hot until all my health problems disappeared for 4 blissful days.
Nice. How high was your body temperature on those days?

Greyfox

Nice. How high was your body temperature on those days?
I wish I knew but it was HOT. My blood felt like lava and I soaked my bed sheets with sweat. I've never been that boiling hot before in my life. I have been unable to replicate it with suagr and niacinamine alone. It may have something to do with PUFA+sugar+niacinamide but I've been off PUFA for a while now and I don't want to eat the stuff again unless I can be sure the PUFA helped me achieve the fever.
You can read about the experience here if you like;

EnergeticLeo

I wish I knew but it was HOT. My blood felt like lava and I soaked my bed sheets with sweat. I've never been that boiling hot before in my life. I have been unable to replicate it with suagr and niacinamine alone. It may have something to do with PUFA+sugar+niacinamide but I've been off PUFA for a while now and I don't want to eat the stuff again unless I can be sure the PUFA helped me achieve the fever.
You can read about the experience here if you like;
This is fascinating, thanks for sharing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals