On The Back Of A Tiger: Episode One, Gilbert Ling

Ktbridge

What amazing individual and a beautiful person.
Really moving and powerful!
Wow

I’ve tried to read some of his writing but gave up. I wish someone had summarized his work for a less sophisticated audience. As the MRI people say in the video, they had to read him several times and study to really get what he was saying. Dr. Peat has discussed some of his results from time to time, of course, but that’s about all I understand about Dr. Ling.

Ledo

Very good 10 minute video, congratulations:clap:

Now please release all the raw video so we can have it. You had your shot.

lampofred

He came off as so light-hearted and optimistic in this video but I tried to skim one of his articles on his site and he mentions that two of his own students lied to a journalist to try to discredit his work and that that brought him to tears...

I think maybe the best that can be done to honor him is to try to read and understand what he was saying. He mentioned that science won't change by appealing to the scientists in power, rather only via lay people.

Lilac

All the people speaking about Ling need to be identified. Yeah, we know who they are. Many in a wider audience won't.

R.I.P., Gilbert Ling--Ling Ling--a man of integrity.

yerrag

I don't know the backstory of the Back of the Tiger. Is there a link to it?

bradley

All the people speaking about Ling need to be identified. Yeah, we know who they are. Many in a wider audience won't.

R.I.P., Gilbert Ling--Ling Ling--a man of integrity.

Great idea Lilac, we are going to add this.

bradley

Very good 10 minute video, congratulations:clap:

Now please release all the raw video so we can have it. You had your shot.

All the raw interviews have been available for quite some time to those who backed us. About 6-8 more episodes are planned.

bradley

They've established Ling was an honest scientist/man, but barely scratched the surface of his scientific findings.

Why did it take 5 years for that ?

And there's a need for subtitles, as Ling's elocution is troublesome for the non native English speakers.

Hi Burt. As mentioned above, this is just the first episode of many. All criticism on the length of time it's taken are valid. We spent years trying to edit it into a feature length film before realizing last year it was a doomed effort. We refocused to episodic and are currently working on 6-8 more shorts. It may help to realize this isn’t and can't be a full time job for us. We are frequently working several other jobs simultaneously to make ends meet, while working on this in our few free moments.

Re: Subtitles, good idea. We are working on it.

bradley

I thought the same; the animations covering his science must have been 30 seconds long, if even that. I guess the documentary is intended as an introduction to these inspiring men and women rather than as an explanation of their scientific theories.

Hi Tenacity, we've also released two "deep dive" conversations about the AIH and Gilbert's broader work with Ray Peat and Gerald Pollack. Those are only available for our backers for the time being, but will be released publicly soon.

bradley

Very interesting for what it is, but I think it could've been more/gone deeper. Then again, I didn't donate anything so I don't have anything to say, awesome stuff!

Hi Gadsie, check out my last reply, we went deeper on the subject with Ray Peat and Gerald Pollack, but they aren't available publicly just yet, only to donors.

Gadsie

Hi Burt. As mentioned above, this is just the first episode of many. All criticism on the length of time it's taken are valid. We spent years trying to edit it into a feature length film before realizing last year it was a doomed effort. We refocused to episodic and are currently working on 6-8 more shorts. It may help to realize this isn’t and can't be a full time job for us. We are frequently working several other jobs simultaneously to make ends meet, while working on this in our few free moments.

Re: Subtitles, good idea. We are working on it.

What made you decide episodes were better than film?

bradley

Here are the two deep dives into his work, with pontifications on what science and medicine could be like if his theories had become mainstream.

The first is with University of Washington Professor most famous for his work on the 4th phase of water, Gerald Pollack. The second is with Dr. Ray Peat. For those who wanted to go deeper into his findings, enjoy!

Gerald Pollack:

Ray Peat:

Gone Peating

Here are the two deep dives into his work, with pontifications on what science and medicine could be like if his theories had become mainstream.

The first is with University of Washington Professor most famous for his work on the 4th phase of water, Gerald Pollack. The second is with Dr. Ray Peat. For those who wanted to go deeper into his findings, enjoy!

Gerald Pollack:

Ray Peat:

The interview with Gerald was great. He’s an amazing speaker and can articulate his research to laymen without losing anything in the process

ddjd

from a purely television production point of view i find it very odd having a narrator suddenly come into the episode half way through. If you're going to have a narrator, have it from start to finish, offering a narrated introduction and conclusion guiding the viewer through the episodes story, not just suddenly dropping it in there halfway through because you couldn't work out how to transition from one theme to another.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals