Episode One Supplemental: Dr. Ray Peat

Inaut

Published on Apr 25, 2020
The second deep dive for On the Back of a Tiger, Episode One. Endocrinologist and science philosopher Dr. Ray Peat expands on the work of Gilbert Ling and the Association Induction Hypothesis

S-VV

They got ray to use Skype instead of the phone line from hell. Amazing!

Regina

Published on Apr 25, 2020
The second deep dive for On the Back of a Tiger, Episode One. Endocrinologist and science philosopher Dr. Ray Peat expands on the work of Gilbert Ling and the Association Induction Hypothesis

Wow! Thank you!!!!!!

Lejeboca

They got ray to use Skype instead of the phone line from hell. Amazing!

I think they've called via skype his regular phone line. This typically sounds better than when try to call phone-to-phone. (cf. with ORN's and Danny's Youtube interviews that also sound rather good.)

Lejeboca

From this interview. RP:
"... if you have the right kind of temperature and food the right dog will come in. Dogs that can't digest beans for example might be excluded if you're only growing beans in the house. It's a matter of hostility not selectivity in the sense of a doggy door."
:rofl

yerrag

I give it a 90/100 because of the last minute. Talking about Bernie Sanders (this was an interview from last January - so Bernie was still in play) and how he would be able to change the medical landscape from one based on empiricism and rationalism was a big, big letdown. Seeing now how big of a phony Bernie Sanders is, and even without Bernie Sanders being exposed for the phony that he is, his belief in the Modern Monetary Theory is already beyond rational. How could Sanders even come close to have the audacity to challenge the fakery and snake oilism in Big Pharma, when he subscribes to the same ideas but in a different sphere - MMT, where just the act of printing more money he can solve society's imbalances in wealth creation and distribution.

I'll still listen to Ray on health, but his leftward bent had him on a dead horse riding off the war in the economic sphere.

Regina

Agreed. Dr. Peat is an economics idiot. But that’s okay.
And he promptly changed his position based on current dynamics. The current situation is so fragile that even Ray Peat thinks only the far-right can help!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
The left (like "Science") has been hijacked by totalitarian fascists the likes the world has never known. They are a culmination of all the worst cast of characters. And they wrap themselves in sheep's clothing. And as they pluck every feather off, they want to cultivate and organize an army of crumb-fed peasants to do their dysfunctional bidding. Only very sick and damaged fallen people want to attrit their environment.
debess

There was an interview with Dr Buttar the other day where the interviewer just couldn't for the life of him understand why Bill Gates would be motivated to want to de-populate or hurt people. Look at what the Clinton's have done to their only child as she heartfully listens to this damaged sociopath/administer want to organize hungry, (created by Munchausen's by their proxy) deliberately made soul-less peasants to do their depraved bidding for crumbs (earn "credits"). Our betters with smart haircuts and hip fashion talking about the little people.

It's little wonder that Peat might (my conjecture) think a guy like this has more honest ideas:

yerrag

Do I hear "Trosian?" What is the basic book on "sorption? that Ray recommnds to read?

Lejeboca

Do I hear "Trosian?" What is the basic book on "sorption? that Ray recommnds to read?

Troshin,A.S. 1956 Problema kletochnoi pronitsaemosti, Moskva-Leningrad.

English translation:
German and English translations, respectively:

* Troshin, A.S. 1958 Das Problem der Zeilpermeabilitat, Gustav. Fischer Verlag, Jena.
* Troshin, A.S. 1966 Problems of Cell Permeability, (English Transl. by M.G. Hell and N. D. Widdas), Pergamon Press, London.

References taken from Gilbert Ling's book
Life at the Cell and Below-Cell Level. The Hidden History of a Fundamental Revolution in Biology
(Pacific Press 2001 ISBN 0-9707322-0-1)

B

Braveheart

And he promptly changed his position based on current dynamics. The current situation is so fragile that even Ray Peat thinks only the far-right can help!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
The left (like "Science") has been hijacked by totalitarian fascists the likes the world has never known. They are a culmination of all the worst cast of characters. And they wrap themselves in sheep's clothing. And as they pluck every feather off, they want to cultivate and organize an army of crumb-fed peasants to do their dysfunctional bidding. Only very sick and damaged fallen people want to attrit their environment.
debess

There was an interview with Dr Buttar the other day where the interviewer just couldn't for the life of him understand why Bill Gates would be motivated to want to de-populate or hurt people. Look at what the Clinton's have done to their only child as she heartfully listens to this damaged sociopath/administer want to organize hungry, (created by Munchausen's by their proxy) deliberately made soul-less peasants to do their depraved bidding for crumbs (earn "credits"). Our betters with smart haircuts and hip fashion talking about the little people.

It's little wonder that Peat might (my conjecture) think a guy like this has more honest ideas:

Regina thank you...I like this guy...this is what it will all come down to when the bubble bursts.

B

Braveheart

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

cdg

It was just what he should like as example when questioned - don't think he has any illusions about Sanders or anyone else for that matter...