#50: DHT for Hair Growth? | New Ray Peat Interviews | Keto and Mitochondria | Childhood Trauma

Grapelander

#50: DHT for Hair Growth? | New Ray Peat Interviews | Keto and Mitochondria | Childhood Trauma

Streamed live on Feb 19, 2021
Thank You Danny & Georgi for your great work!

Georgi's situation in Washington, D.C.
'On The Back of a Tiger' Ray Peat interviews released on YouTube
"Consensus" in science
The 50th generative energy episode
Topical DHT therapy promotes hair growth
Testosterone therapy (TRT) reverses hair loss (in women)
Question: mitigating the harm from a mRNA vaccine?
Question: calcium supplementation and heavy metal contamination
Question: what do do about intense environmental sensitivities?
Keto (low-carb) diet causes heart fibrosis, blocks mitochondrial biogenesis
Childhood stress causes mental illness in adults by blunting androgens
Idealabs update
Question: healing from trauma
Question: bad reaction to antibiotics
Question: calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K

Momado965

I read the post in haidut's blog. The question now remains what is the HED used topically for 11K DHT or DHT?

ilhanxx

why haidut is bald? he is Norwood 7 as I see. He cannot find his baldness.

ilhanxx

why haidut is bald? he is Norwood 7 as I see. He cannot find a solution his baldness.

HumanLife

why haidut is bald? he is Norwood 7 as I see. He cannot find his baldness.
He claims he went bald before finding Ray Peat by doing intense training and sports while on low carb. He also claims that his hair has gotten better over the years (picture of him completely bald years ago here, but admittedly that might just be completely shaved) , and is much better when he's on a vacation. Would probably be much easier for him to regrow it in a high altitude and a less stressful environment.

HumanLife

If you’re seriously going to try this... Atleast document it with pictures...
I would rather people do it in a scientific environment because otherwise no matter the result (positive in regrowing hair, or negative in having no effect or making the condition worse) it just becomes an anecdote. If DHT was that helpful to the rat in growing hair, hopefully it paves the way for DHT to be used on already balding males to see if it has a beneficial effect. Maybe a study like that already exists?

Soren

I wonder if there is any way to tell if your genome has been changed by a vaccine? Is there some test.

Soren

Georgi mentioned that mineral oil is very toxic and has heavy metals. This gives me pause for the use of ivermectin that is meant for animals as I think some versions of it use mineral oil but don't list it in the ingredients. Anyone know about this?

mrchibbs

The point of mentioning this study has nothing to do with Georgi's hair, but rather in highlighting once again how absurd the conventional wisdom is in blaming DHT.

There are so many interesting angles of study for hair researchers to tackle, but they are held hostage by the immovable narrative about androgens. It's sad because that isn't science, but rather dogma.

Dogmatic views (and pharmaceutical interests) have slowed down health research to a monumental extent.

Mrscorpion360

The point of mentioning this study has nothing to do with Georgi's hair, but rather in highlighting once again how absurd the conventional wisdom is in blaming DHT.

There are so many interesting angles of study for hair researchers to tackle, but they are held hostage by the immovable narrative about androgens. It's sad because that isn't science, but rather dogma.

Dogmatic views (and pharmaceutical interests) have slowed down health research to a monumental extent.
What gets to me badly, is that even if DHT has nothing to do with hair loss and in fact promotes and stimulates hair growth and a “unknown” mechanism is at play

The problem here is that if they moved on from the DHT aspects of hair loss and try and focus on the next work, they will make a paper and they will say that a gene has a susceptibility to trigger it. Everything is blamed on the genes in the chromosomes a lot and that it’s genetically predetermined and blah blah. I’m certain they will but hey this paper that georgi posted, absolutely phenomenal.