Calling Time On Ray Peat

OP
C

chispas

I have noticed a core group of solid members that have been here for a while: polite, curious, interested in learning and discussion, do not mind experimenting with these ideas, open to challenge without abusiveness, and willing to leave behind what doesn’t work. And then at some point there seemed to be a crowd of people who came on simply to argue and discredit Peat, this forum, even eating carbs.

I agree. Not sure why. @raypeatclips, don’t give up. Things with find their natural rhythm again. Avoid certain threads - that is what I do. Also some seriously brilliant minds and info on this forum, follow them and their posts, avoid the rest.

You know, some would say conflict is healthy. The natural world is an obscenity, there's nothing polite anywhere except for the artificialities of constructed human speech and "manners".

OP
C

chispas

Almost every thread eventually descends into forum members arguing in negative ways, name calling etc. This never used to happen 1-2 years ago.

Are you directing this comment at me? I don't think I called anyone an insulting name?

L

lollipop

You know, some would say conflict is healthy. The natural world is an obscenity, there's nothing polite anywhere except for the artificialities of constructed human speech and "manners".
I agree challenge can greatly contribute to leaps forward. Notice I included it in my description.

Generating conflict is a fine line to walk with several possible outcome paths. To create a productive outcome imo requires great maturity. Read Travis’ posts. Not at all afraid to challenge and call out, and not in a disrespectful tone to the person.

“The natural world is an obscenity” you wrote. Which natural world are you referring to? I see the obvious life cycle/circle of: creation, life, death, a natural flow of life.

OP
C

chispas

I agree challenge can greatly contribute to leaps forward. Notice I included it in my description.

Generating conflict is a fine line to walk with several possible outcome paths. To create a productive outcome imo requires great maturity. Read Travis’ posts. Not at all afraid to challenge and call out, and not in a disrespectful tone to the person.

“The natural world is an obscenity” you wrote. Which natural world are you referring to? I see the obvious life cycle/circle of: creation, life, death, a natural flow of life.

I'm thinking of everything in the known universe. Galaxies destroying each other, etc.

Bernard Henry-Levi says that the right to be offensive is the peak of democratic freedom. The best retort, he says, is a strong offensive reply, which ultimately closes the circuit. He says this sort of human behaviour is honest, and should never be censored.

Did anyone on this forum ever read Peat's book recommendation, The Authoritarians? I did.

L

lollipop

I'm thinking of everything in the known universe. Galaxies destroying each other, etc.

Bernard Henry-Levi says that the right to be offensive is the peak of democratic freedom. The best retort, he says, is a strong offensive reply, which ultimately closes the circuit. He says this sort of human behaviour is honest, and should never be censored.

Did anyone on this forum ever read Peat's book recommendation, The Authoritarians? I did.
I think you are correct with that democratic freedom, the right to be offensive represents what the US is partially built on correct? Freedom of speech.

AND listen to Ray’s interviews, he criticizes what he sees as bad policy, bad dietary recommendations etc, but does he ever fling personal insults disrespectfully at individuals? Having a freedom is one thing, having a certain individual maturity to use it wisely is another. I think you have made a conflation between the two.

Namer

He's not an internet personality. He's a biologist who's done many radio interviews that were put on the net, and 2 of his lectures at schools have also been put online. He didn't ask for that. His articles are free to the public but he's not advertising himself and doesn't sell anything.

Sounds like you're complaining about nothing. He doesn't owe you anything. He's not going to wipe your bum for you. You take what you want from him and do what you want. Saying that serotonin is not the feel good hormone and that there is no such thing as an EFA is certainly helpful knowledge.

He's made it to 81 so it is the full picture for him.

What a weird thing to say. He's not obligated to change anything.

Good for you. That's what you're supposed to do. No need to bash the guy though. You sound like one of those whiny victims and not a fun person to be around.

I don't even do the true "Peat" diet myself but I would never blame him for my own problems like SJW's do. Take responsibility for yourself.

Nothing that the op said constitutes a personal attack on Ray Peat. Your response, however, does constitute a personal attack on the op. You are offering personal attacks as rebuttals to charges against Peat, that the op simply never made. This behavior is inexcusable and unjustified.

Whether the op's criticism of Peat's ideas is valid or not is irrelevant to the fact that you are not justified in attacking the person.

The op isn't "bashing' or 'blaming' Peat, nor does He/Her expect Peat to 'wipe their bum'. At no point does the op display an 'sjw victim' mentality. They are simply expressing the fact that Peat's advice has failed to help them, and they are now taking alternative routes, they are presenting this info for the purposes of feedback and maybe helping others.

Everyone that disagrees with Peat is 'Literally an SJW' ...right. I have no time at all for the sjw mindset, but the op's post hardly fits the description.

Stop over reacting :)

Namer

It is amazing how some new members, being here for less then a month, seem to put all the people on this board into a little box and diagnose it as cultish/sect behavior. Being unread, uninformed, and seemingly unwilling to look around at the myriad of people and different experiences discussed on this board makes comments like this worth less then toilet paper. At least toilet paper has some use in soaking up crap. Your dedication to some imaginary, indescribable, middle that lets you hurl calls for "moderation in everything," does not make you wise or intelligent.

Bobber didn't put 'all the people on this board' into a cult like box. Just the people acting like butt-hurt fanboys. And Bobs was right to do so, honestly, any criticism of Peat's advice, or report that someone has failed to apply it correctly, is sure to be met with personal attacks of some kind. It's pathetic.

Oh, and the 'myriad of different experiences'? you mean people trying desperately to solve the problems they've encountered since Peating? Who's points are worth less than toilet paper now?

You know who HAS had success in improving their health? the op that's who. Now think about that.

Namer

Forum member: " 'Politely disagrees with SOME of Peat's advice, agrees with some, presents IMPROVED HEALTH for discussion' "

Some on Forum: "Loike Ohhhh-maGud! loike, New-ones Loike, Furcing yeewww! loike whoy d'yeew hate Ray?, loike whoiy d'yeew literally wont to foo-king deee-stroy him loike!!!???

This is why we can't have nice things.

Tarmander

Bobber didn't put 'all the people on this board' into a cult like box. Just the people acting like butt-hurt fanboys. And Bobs was right to do so, honestly, any criticism of Peat's advice, or report that someone has failed to apply it correctly, is sure to be met with personal attacks of some kind. It's pathetic.

Oh, and the 'myriad of different experiences'? you mean people trying desperately to solve the problems they've encountered since Peating? Who's points are worth less than toilet paper now?

You know who HAS had success in improving their health? the op that's who. Now think about that.

Your right, whoa. Have you considered fasting? It's the key to rejuvenating the body.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals