On The Back Of A Tiger - An Interview With The Filmmakers

Waynish

Danny Roddy #25: What Happened to The On The Back of a Tiger Documentary feeaturing Ray Peat, Gilbert Ling etc...

Interesting how both film makers have fathers in scientific academia... I wonder who their fathers are!

I found it strange that they said Ling was the hardest to understand. I found his work to be more straight forward scientifically and in terms of its communication style. Apparently Pollock's daughter committed suicide recently - though I didn't find a reference, I saw the comments circulating, and they alluded to it in this interview.

Goat-e

My wife and I contributed over $1000 on this kickstarter. Got zero rewards. Was promised a painting by Ray Peat and other things. Got nothing. Wouldn't really mind if what they released was amazing. But so far it's been a ten minute sound bite on Ling.

We met up with these guys early on but they've never answered the couple of polite emails I sent them. Now this video where the come up with a bunch of excuses for why they didn't deliver. Pretty much sucks.

Wagner83

My wife and I contributed over $1000 on this kickstarter. Got zero rewards. Was promised a painting by Ray Peat and other things. Got nothing. Wouldn't really mind if what they released was amazing. But so far it's been a ten minute sound bite on Ling.

We met up with these guys early on but they've never answered the couple of polite emails I sent them. Now this video where the come up with a bunch of excuses for why they didn't deliver. Pretty much sucks.
Someone on here had uploaded some of (all?) the files they had shared. So at least part of them do exist. Now, given all the help you provided, the question is how could you find those files. Perhaps contacting Danny would be more helpful, he did contribute up to 500$ from what I recall, so he may have the files or may be having a similar issue.

theLaw

Did you contact Kickstarter about this?

InChristAlone

So you pledged for this reward:

Pledge $1,000 or more
+ Painting by Dr. Peat or Maewan Ho

+ Consultation with Zachariah Salazar or Benedicte Mai Lerche

+ Special thanks in on-screen credits + invite to rough/pre-screening party.

+ SIGNED book of your choice.

+ CO2 cream (12-month supply) + 2 supplements of your choice from IDEA LABS LLC.

+ Book of your choice (unsigned)

+ DVD/Bluray, digital download, video interview footage/outtakes, audio podcast/interview, name on website and in thank-you card to scientists.

You didn't get any of that? Jeremy said in the livestream with Danny Roddy at 1:14 that a number of people wanted a painting and they were able to get 3 from Ray. According to kickstarter 4 people pledged to get artwork so you are the remaining backer? They said they are trying to get more artwork from him. I would keep asking for that.

Here are the terms of kickstarter:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

• they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned;
  • they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
  • they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
  • they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
  • they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.
The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.

Goat-e

So you pledged for this reward:

Pledge $1,000 or more
+ Painting by Dr. Peat or Maewan Ho

+ Consultation with Zachariah Salazar or Benedicte Mai Lerche

+ Special thanks in on-screen credits + invite to rough/pre-screening party.

+ SIGNED book of your choice.

+ CO2 cream (12-month supply) + 2 supplements of your choice from IDEA LABS LLC.

+ Book of your choice (unsigned)

+ DVD/Bluray, digital download, video interview footage/outtakes, audio podcast/interview, name on website and in thank-you card to scientists.

You didn't get any of that? Jeremy said in the livestream with Danny Roddy at 1:14 that a number of people wanted a painting and they were able to get 3 from Ray. According to kickstarter 4 people pledged to get artwork so you are the remaining backer? They said they are trying to get more artwork from him. I would keep asking for that.

Here are the terms of kickstarter:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

• they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned;
  • they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
  • they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
  • they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
  • they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.
The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.

Yeah, that's what we were promised. And in all honesty, none of that stuff was the reason we supported it, we supported it because we thought it was a worthy cause and Jeremy and Brad seemed like they were capable of producing something which could have told a fascinating story which could be of real benefit to many people. I haven't hassled them or been very vocal about the lack of rewards/updates because I didn't want to distract them from what has clearly turned into a project far larger than they could handle. I guess I'll try again.

Last edited:

Atman

Danny Roddy #25: What Happened to The On The Back of a Tiger Documentary feeaturing Ray Peat, Gilbert Ling etc...

He delisted the video and even gave his latest video with georgi the same number as if it the interview never happened.
Apparently people got a bad impression.
Brad smirking in the background while Jeremy coming up with his awkward excuses was probably not much of a help either.

Mhouse

That’s annoying. Getting to the point that I should save anything interesting on the web, the first time I view/read it. I think the interview was very interesting/telling, more so by the things that weren’t said. Brad and Jeremy didn’t manage to use the opportunity to turn people’s opinion around, I think. Also, Danny wasn’t the smoothest interviewer. Those things were actually what made it a very interesting video. On why he pulled it, Danny said on Patreon:
“It's a long story, but the stream didn't serve the function that it was supposed to, so I decided to pull it.”
Basically, another chapter in the saga that is this (attempt at) a documentary.

Waynish

He delisted the video and even gave his latest video with georgi the same number as if it the interview never happened.
Apparently people got a bad impression.
Brad smirking in the background while Jeremy coming up with his awkward excuses was probably not much of a help either.

"Streisand effect." Knew I should have scraped it! I remember it all quite well though and the only thing that stood out to me was that both of them have professionally academic fathers in biology-related sciences. They were talking about their peer reviewed papers, which wasn't very clear. So I really wonder the names of both of their fathers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals