Nothing Works

DaveFoster

Eggs, oj, potatoes, milk, no pufas, cooking greens and things in coconut oil. Lots of juiced fruits to drink. Short high intensity exercises. Breathing exercises to lower stress. Taking vitamin b6, zinc, e, and biotin.

My hairloss is pretty much a direct correlation with my body hair growth also i've been gaining weight around my stomach, not sure if this is all insulin resistance or metabolic syndrome, i'm gonna go back to the doctor and get my cortisol tested. Because this body hair is not normal for my family. My mum was the one that noticed it, even my dad thought it was weird. Cushings?? i doubt it.
Your tests will probably be normal. According to Dr. Broda Barnes (who Peat largley supports) your body temperature should be at least 97.8 degrees Fahrenheit after placing a thermometer under your arm for at least 10 minutes before getting out of bed.

Make an appointment with a psychiatrist.

X3CyO

If we had two full blood panels from now and a period before then it'd be a lot easier to help. Everything else is just speculation.

Liam311

Aside from the nutritional. I second the Skull Expansion theory - a more ‘mechanical’ theory of why hair loss may occur. Theory being (roughly) the skull expanding or changing shape, leading to a change in the environment, thus effecting the galea and blood flow reaching the hair follicle.

I noticed my scalp becoming very tight during palatal expansion treatment. With less mobility of the scalp/galea. My hair line had been receding for a while but increased during this period along with loss of texture/shine/condition. I came across a few places highlighting changing skull shape, with suggesting combative exercises to ‘loosen’ the scalp. I loosen the scalp daily and believe this has been one of the factors that has prevented further loss, and I’ve regained good overall scalp condition. It might be worth a search to see if any of it makes sense to you!!

Last edited:

benaoao

like someone else said in this forum, people find something that works for them and think that's the one perfect remedy to everything but Black seed oil is worth a try imo

read this up: Estrogen Dominance....

and always keep this in mind:

DHT, and I could be wrong, is only harmful in the presence of estrogen alpha stimulation. Normally, DHT gets converted to 3b-adiol which would actually be good for hair. A high estrogen load will slow down the thyroid which will screw up the DHT/3b-adiol ratio.

DHT by itself seems to be fine. Estradiol/estrone with DHT seems to be what causes problems for hair. At least this has been my experience.

so keep thyroid functional, estrogen in check, T high (easier said than done I'm aware of that)

younger guys should probably try to raise SHBG a bit to save their hair, it can go too low. Same story with steroid users by the way.

zes

Hi there.

I am quite busy with my university exams right now so I'll try reply in more detail as soon as I'm free again (end of May).

I am turning 21 next month and found Ray Peat at age 19 when I noticed my hairline receding. I am exactly the same as you. My confidence is shot. I stopped attending lectures at uni for the past year for weeks and wore a hat whenever I did go to cover my head. I was embarrassed for my friends to see my thinning hair. I haven't been eating properly since January due university stress and my hair has got even thinner now.

I noticed a few months ago when I ate more my hair got thicker (before January). But it was't that evident I need to try my regime again after my exams are done. And share my advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals