Some Self Observations After 1 Week In A Hospital

Ableton

Hi all,

prob redundant, but maybe nevertheless interesting. It’s good to be able to observe yourself in different surroundings, and when having all the time in the world. Had polyps in my nose and sinus removed, so nothing crazy.

anxiety:
-sun gives me instant relieve
-immersing myself in a book gives me instant relieve and makes me want to reach out to people after
-being in front of a screen for a long time makes me anxious, especially when wasting time (i consider 90% of my time spend on this forum as wasted time, which is my fault ofc)
-lack of things to do and a good internet connection makes me really productive. My plan is to get no wifi once I live alone. I think being sort of dopamine deprived can work wonders for your mental well-being. I feel like I reconnect to my true self. I just read and work and eat and sleep and text some old friends. Zero desire to waste time

food:
Im getting cheese and bread twice a day. Lunch is warm food, usually some meat (prob cooked in pufa) some carb some veggie. Some cake in the cafeteria. Some gummy bears. Coffee

-feels great to say **** it and just eat what you get
-my stool got better, thicker without being constipated. I don’t need to wipe. This is surprising to me, maybe it’s because I’m also taking antibiotics (peating before). I will prob reintroduce starches
-not taking supplements feels kinda good. Might drop them altogether except for some magnesium tbh

takeaways: get sun. No screens except for work (take breaks here especially when sunny). Don’t focus too much on nutrition. Read. Connect to people if you feel like it, it’s kinda free. Be kind to everyone, we don’t know ***t about what’s going on in others

need to work out a way to not get a typical 9-5 office job i guess...

mrchibbs

Thanks for sharing your thoughts re: your hospital journey.

Modern hospitals typically have big windows and a lot more light than they used to. Single rooms too. My personal ideas for hospitals in the future would be glass tower buildings with inner courtyards with gardens and lots of trees, and rooftop access for sun bathing. More light, fresh air and nice surroundings, more sun exposure could easily cut hospital mortality by half.

Your observations about feeling at ease with no WIFI and not worrying about food are very apt. Ultimately however I think PUFAs are very pernicious in that they are a long term problem. My understanding is that there should be just one criteria: minimizing PUFAs. For the rest of it just eat what makes you feel good and happy. Chill out and make sure you relax, and if you PUFAs are kept low, you'll reap the benefits of better and better metabolism as the years go by.

OP
A

Ableton

Thanks for sharing your thoughts re: your hospital journey.

Modern hospitals typically have big windows and a lot more light than they used to. Single rooms too. My personal ideas for hospitals in the future would be glass tower buildings with inner courtyards with gardens and lots of trees, and rooftop access for sun bathing. More light, fresh air and nice surroundings, more sun exposure could easily cut hospital mortality by half.

Your observations about feeling at ease with no WIFI and not worrying about food are very apt. Ultimately however I think PUFAs are very pernicious in that they are a long term problem. My understanding is that there should be just one criteria: minimizing PUFAs. For the rest of it just eat what makes you feel good and happy. Chill out and make sure you relax, and if you PUFAs are kept low, you'll reap the benefits of better and better metabolism as the years go by.

yeah I agree, the question is how much restriction should we aim for? Below 5mg? Below 2? Below 0,5? Should I not order when I go to a restaurant with friends?
I plan to get hydrogenated coco oil next, using refined atm. Probably should eat less eggs too. Gonna up gelatin and just drink lmao

mrchibbs

Its tough honestly. Fats should be very low over all, and since egg yolks are very nutritious, they should still be eaten, so eggs should make up the most of the PUFAs. No need to be neurotic about it. Obviously closer to 1g a day would be great but under 4g is pretty good.

Going out with friends is not an excuse, as you can get a burger with no fries for example or a steak or seafood. But if you can’t avoid it, vitamin E will protect you. Fried foods are the big problem as they’re nearly always fried in veg oil. As far as alcohol, clear alcohols like gin are much less estrogenic. In fact I’ve found gin & tonic to be pro metabolic

GreekDemiGod

@marchibbs Interesting observation about the gyn and tonic. I found it's the only drink that does not give me a hangover, if consumed in large quantities. It's mildly anxiolytic in the moment, and don't seem to have side effects the next day.

mrchibbs

@marchibbs Interesting observation about the gyn and tonic. I found it's the only drink that does not give me a hangover, if consumed in large quantities. It's mildly anxiolytic in the moment, and don't seem to have side effects the next day.

I think its because gin is such a distilled alcohol that it has less of an estrogenic content, its closer to fragrant ethanol, which has anti-lipofuscin and prometabolic properties, when you further dillute it in tonic water you add quinine which is a very beneficial compound, as well as sugar and carbon dioxide = ideal drink. Add some methylene blue to it and it becomes a power house of a beverage

Inaut

I thought it wasnt good to add MB to carbonated drinks. Sounds like an elixir though though @mrchibbs :)

mrchibbs

I thought it wasnt good to add MB to carbonated drinks. Sounds like an elixir though though @mrchibbs :)

Haha it honestly feels like it could cure malaria instantly. I haven’t seen valid evidence that MB shouldnt be mixed with carbonated water. After all it is a dye, and these have been used in cocktails a lot. The blue gin&tonic with high quality tonic water (natural quinine and sugar) looks beautiful and feels awesome

OP
A

Ableton

srsly, my anti-stress response to being 15 minutes no sleeves in the sun and doing nothing is crazy. nothing else works that well. I wonder if stress is in large parts vit d deficiency in my case lol

mrchibbs

Sun is the basis for life on this earth. It does so much more than just vitamin D, of course its a powerful therapy, just like human touch or sound sleep

Inflammation partly depends on the ratio of the n6:n3 Fatty acids as constituents of membrane-lipids.

Individuals going for Lo-PUFA Dieting should still aim for 1:1 Ratio between Linoleic acid:alpha-Linolenic Acid
and their metabolites.

I take,after long-time low-PUFA-tactics,Flaxseed Oil,and Fishoil(lol!).Leafs and grasses(Solar
Light collection system for above-ground Plants) contain them,and Animal eat and deposit them in their Bodyfat.(when incorporated into phospholipid and ethanolamine fractions, they lose quite a bit
of their On-Air instability.)
I want to believe them that that is good for them.

Linoleic Acid intake should be curtailed or put into 1:1 Ratio.
The view of EFAD as a winner-strategy for the end of Inflammation is too reduced,insofar as EFAD rescues some function,
but creates pathology in other systems because PUFA isnt only about Prostaglandines and Leukotrienes.

Furthermore,the need for substrate of COX and LOX systems to produce metabolites is so low that you cant
make it on a normal diet.
150mg(sic) of LA topically was enough to rescue the hormonal effects of EFAD on hair growth&pigmentation.

EFAD-Related:
18_104466.jpg
18_104466.jpg

If you are inclined to try,you have to have an eye on n6:n3 Ration still,otherwise,you will end up n6-series dominant,
which causes endless inflammation.

Besides,n3 PUFA are more easily beta-oxidized,so even more temporary n3-dominance is needed in a PUFA-depletion case.

It is also about structure and the CNS utilizes Arachidonic Acid and DHA.

There was severe testing for the question of Essentiality,reading Peat suggests that not much is known about PUFA.
That is not the case and there is an awful amount of ethically questionable testing on children,adults and all
kinds of Animals including higher ones.

PUFA are a dangerous nuisance that needs to be dealt with.Linoleic acid dominance(western ratio 20~40:1 - n6:n3), and the large total amount mindlessly drunk from the oilflask (..and induced Vitamin E-destruction by light-illumination and resultant severe VE-deficiency) is the culprit.
my 2c.

Last edited:

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Sun is the basis for life on this earth. It does so much more than just vitamin D, of course its a powerful therapy, just like human touch or sound sleep
Agree, and it is best to use hats instead of sunscreen. Long lightweight sleeves if you are very sun sensitive or you are out for a long time.

srsly, my anti-stress response to being 15 minutes no sleeves in the sun and doing nothing is crazy. nothing else works that well. I wonder if stress is in large parts vit d deficiency in my case lol

Indeed,Vitamin D was one very noticable supplement for me,
had recurrent sore throat and 5000IU/d took care of it completely.
The seasonal susceptibility for common cold was also erased.

OP
A

Ableton

Indeed,Vitamin D was one very noticable supplement for me,
had recurrent sore throat and 5000IU/d took care of it completely.
The seasonal susceptibility for common cold was also erased.

supplemental d doesn’t do it for me, and many others

supplemental d doesn’t do it for me, and many others

I believe it works,if its truly D-dependent,and people are underdosing it.Maybe testing at the end of summer,to screen for your highest personal D-level,will show you appropriate values?

OP
A

Ableton

Yeah tbh my d supplements were trash from the grocery. If I were to get them now I would look at idealabs or something.
Have to look into it before next winter. I stopped taking mine when I discovered peat since they contained pufa
I think they were 3k iu

Jing

The sun is very anti stress for me also, when the sun is out I can literally sit in the sun for hours , I've been doing this recently as it's been sunny in the UK I'm literally sitting in the sun for 4-5 hours lol then I'm out walking in the sun , feels good on my skin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals