Nothing Works

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

If I were you I'd want to know the exact number. 20 ng/ml can be considered "normal", while Peat and other people like the vitamin D council suggest nearer 50 ng/ml.

Yeh ill try and get the numbers. Any thought on the hairyness and belly, Ive read ive got the male hormonal profile of a woman with pcos basically.

Mufasa

Did you already read this?

Hair Like A Fox

From my own experiences, focussing on hair isn't going to help.
I think that if you health improves, your hair will be one of the last parts to improve.

For example, in my case, a lot of things have changed for the better since I'm Peating.
Including my hair.
But if I would have focussed this whole journey only on regrowing my hair.
Which I did when I started, I would have failed like a failure, and probably didn't go this far.

I think you should focus on improving your metabolism, and just accept your hair like it is now.
And accept that if may get even worse still for some time.

But if from this day, you can improve your metabolism only a tiny bit every week.
Think about where you will be in 2 years.
Where will you be in 5 years?
I think this is the mindset that you should have if you want to succeed in this journey.

Cause truth is, most people will go to exact opposite direction.
If they age, month by month, year by year, their metabolism will get worse.

Two years ago, I started this journey.
And I didn't improve magically.
But if I now speak to people that haven't seen me from some time.
They are like, holy ***t, what has happened to you.

A lot of people, here as well, think they can solve their health issues in a week.
I don't think health works like this.
If you can improve your metabolism like that in a week.
Your health was already pretty good.
Or you just noticed some anti-inflammatory effects of increasing your stress hormones.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hairlosssucks

I guess its not really normal to wake up with pain in my back and lower legs, its this symptoms of something bigger going on?

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

All my symptomes since my hair thinning are: excessive sweating, excessive hairyness, back pains and soft tissue pains, weight gain around stomach. Did have some red stretch marks on my arm but they only appeared once and havent come back in months.

EIRE24

@EIRE24 So I just googled "Dr Garrett Smith vitamin D" and this post came up:

Dr. Garrett Smith

The first study he references uses vitamin D2 (Who uses D2?) at 200,000 IU injected into rats that weighed between 250-400 grams... Surely people can't be seriously using this as evidence against vitamin D? I think it says the animals were purposely made hypercalcemic. Why?

The second study he talks about "fixing a magnesium deficiency fixes vitamin D" What would he recommend for someone like me that magnesium serum, and magnesium RBC blood tests are both within range, but vitamin D is low? How can I fix a magnesium deficiency if I don't have one?

From this single post alone, I'm not convinced by him, or his argument.
Ah ok. I see, he talks about different vitamin D. What worked to raise your vitamin D? Do you also take A to balance it?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The first study he references uses vitamin D2 (Who uses D2?)
That's the form of vitamin D medical doctors usually prescribe for deficiency so perhaps that is why he is focusing on it? I used it once and had terrible side effects but then switched to D3 and tolerated it fine.

Vinero

Try to minimize stress, for example skipping breakfast, or going to long without food.
Anytime you are under stress you release free fatty acids and cortisol, which will cause hypothyroidism.
If you keep stress low 24/7 and support thyroid function then you WILL heal overtime, it may take weeks or months before you
reach a euphoric high-thyroid state.

raypeatclips

Ah ok. I see, he talks about different vitamin D. What worked to raise your vitamin D? Do you also take A to balance it?

I haven't retested my blood yet but I have been doing short sun bed sessions and vitamin D on the skin. Yeah I take vitamin a on the skin too, and liver every 1-2 weeks.

That's the form of vitamin D medical doctors usually prescribe for deficiency so perhaps that is why he is focusing on it? I used it once and had terrible side effects but then switched to D3 and tolerated it fine.

I never thought of this, thanks. In the UK all of our vitamin D products (health service prescribed or from health food stores) are the d3 form, but they are often very low doses. It hadn't occured to me parts of USA might still be using D2.

Vinero

I haven't retested my blood yet but I have been doing short sun bed sessions and vitamin D on the skin. Yeah I take vitamin a on the skin too, and liver every 1-2 weeks.

I never thought of this, thanks. In the UK all of our vitamin D products (health service prescribed or from health food stores) are the d3 form, but they are often very low doses. It hadn't occured to me parts of USA might still be using D2.
I have been taking vitamin D on my skin, but feel very little effect from it.
When I take estroban orally I actually feel the effect of the fat-soluble vitamins, my mood and energy improves drastically.
Taking the fat-solubles on the skin don't give me that feeling. I wonder what's going on.

raypeatclips

I have been taking vitamin D on my skin, but feel very little effect from it.
When I take estroban orally I actually feel the effect of the fat-soluble vitamins, my mood and energy improves drastically.
Taking the fat-solubles on the skin don't give me that feeling. I wonder what's going on.

I cant say I have noticed a great deal from the topical vitamins too. Could it just be the lesser absorption issue? You would need approximately 80 drops topically to get the same as 8 drops orally, if peats 10% absorbed topically quote is correct.

Going the other way, do you notice anything from just 1 drop orally? That would be easier to test equivalent amounts topically.

That is unless you have already experimented with this.

Vinero

I cant say I have noticed a great deal from the topical vitamins too. Could it just be the lesser absorption issue? You would need approximately 80 drops topically to get the same as 8 drops orally, if peats 10% absorbed topically quote is correct.

Going the other way, do you notice anything from just 1 drop orally? That would be easier to test equivalent amounts topically.

That is unless you have already experimented with this.
I usually use 2000 IU or 4000 IU of vitamin D on my skin, so that might have been too low if only 10 % gets absorbed.
So I need to put 20000 IU on my skin, that seems a lot, I am kind of afraid to use that much.

alywest

My son who is five now had male pattern baldness since he started growing hair. It was really odd looking so I always allowed his hair to grow out pretty long to cover it. Basically the two sides of his forehoead had no hair. I started giving him tyromix (~3 drops/day) even though his thyroid labs always came back "normal" I knew they weren't optimal. Lo and behold, hair grew in! OF course he is young, doesn't have a ton of PUFA in his body so maybe he bounced back quicker than the average adult. But it's honestly amazing. Totally normal hairline now. I occasionally give him progesterone, too. I would not listen if a doctor says your thyroid or vitamin D are "normal"

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

My son who is five now had male pattern baldness since he started growing hair. It was really odd looking so I always allowed his hair to grow out pretty long to cover it. Basically the two sides of his forehoead had no hair. I started giving him tyromix (~3 drops/day) even though his thyroid labs always came back "normal" I knew they weren't optimal. Lo and behold, hair grew in! OF course he is young, doesn't have a ton of PUFA in his body so maybe he bounced back quicker than the average adult. But it's honestly amazing. Totally normal hairline now. I occasionally give him progesterone, too. I would not listen if a doctor says your thyroid or vitamin D are "normal"

Nice but how do i go about getting tyomix and progesterone. I honestly think something else is going on that just thyroid due to excessive hairyness, sweating and pains.

alywest

Nice but how do i go about getting tyomix and progesterone. I honestly think something else is going on that just thyroid due to excessive hairyness, sweating and pains.
Idealabsdc.com for tyromix. Progest-e and other formulations of bio-identical progesterone are sold online at various retailers. Idealabs also makes one called progestene. When you get your thyroid right, and add progesterone, you can resolve a lot of hormonal imbalances which is what it sounds like is going on.

xetawaves

Be careful though, supplementing thyroid can make hair loss worse for some people.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Idealabsdc.com for tyromix. Progest-e and other formulations of bio-identical progesterone are sold online at various retailers. Idealabs also makes one called progestene. When you get your thyroid right, and add progesterone, you can resolve a lot of hormonal imbalances which is what it sounds like is going on.

Cheers,first ill get my cortisol tested by the doctor.

Vinero

Caffeine and coffee are also good for hair growth, and happen to lower cortisol as well.
Caffeine pretty much works like thyroid when used correctly.
For example, you eat a meal and 30 minutes later take 200 mg caffeine with some sugar and milk to taste.
You can repeat that as long as it feels good.
I use about 3 teaspoons of instant coffee, which is about 200 mg caffeine.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Bit of a weird one, but do you guys lose arse hair when you wipe your arse. Checking if its normal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals