No Libido On Cynoplus

Vanced

Does anyone else experience this? I am taking 1 tablet of Cynoplus per day, it has helped a lot of my hypo symptoms however I appear to have lost my libido which is certainly concerning.

I have been taking Cynplus around 9 months on and off and have seen my libido return after stopping, however the hypo symptoms then also start to take over which is even worse.

Any idea why this is happening?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome yhickfoe. :welcome
I'm not sure on the libido but if you can post more details maybe someone will chime in with some ideas or suggestions.

OP
V

Vanced

Hi Blossom,

Thanks for the welcome. Without being too graphic, I feel I am suffering from low testosterone symptoms, low desire, weak erections, low motivation, low progress in the gym etc. After several bouts of stopping cynoplus I can be sure that it is this causing these issues as my libido comes back in full after around 5 days.

Funnily enough, I feel my best ever about 1 week after stopping cynoplus - all symptoms gone and no side effects. Then once I go past the two week mark the hypo symptoms begin to return, at week 3 things become unbearable.

I have tried t4 only and appear to get conversion issues with it turning into reverse t3. I have also tried t3 only and experienced crippling anxiety episodes, also tried Armour, Nature Throid, Thiroid, Tyro-Gold - all of the NDTs end up making me more hypo than before.

I am kind of stuck now, as I am not feeling that great on t4+t3. I am going to try reducing the cynoplus to a half tablet per day and adding in half a cynomel. This puts me at 60mcg t4 and 27.5mcg t3 per day.

Any input would be great.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks yhickfoe for the additional information. I'm hopeful some males (or females) knowledgable about your type of situation will reply.

tara

:welcome yhickfoe
I am not expert, and have not used cynopls or cynomel, but I have some thoughts from my reading here.
How did you arrive at taking a whole cynoplus? Did you slowly work up to it over several weeks? T4 has a long half life, and some people do not need as much as a whole tablet, so it's possible that you are taking too much, and this can cause problems. So trying a lower dose seems like it's worth a try, if you haven't already. You have to keep to the same dose of T4 for 2-4 weeks before the level stabilises, before assessing whether you need more.

And you could be right that less T4 and more T3 may work for you - Peat has said people's needs vary, but often in the range 1:2 to 1:4 of T3:T4. T3 has a short half-life of a few hours, so you can tell appropriate dosage more quickly. Peat has suggested a tiny nibble of tablet every hour or two. Healthy body makes about 3-4mcg/hour, so 1mcg is a significant dose, and if you use half a cynomel, it may be best to spread it though the day (and take the cynoplus before sleep).

OP
V

Vanced

A quick update on this...

For the past 5 days I have been taking a combination of Synthroid T4 (100mcg) and Cynomel T3 (25mcg) and the results have a been remarkable, I am getting far better results from the Synthroid, all the issues I was having with cynoplus have reversed including my libido which has gone high again! I haven't felt this good in a long long time. Brain fog has completely cleared, I can concentrate so much better, mood is much better, I have more stamina in the gym, the list goes on.

Maybe I was reacting to something in cynoplus?

Early days yet as I have only been taking the Synthroid for 5 days but hopefully things will continue.

narouz

yhickfoe said:
A quick update on this...

For the past 5 days I have been taking a combination of Synthroid T4 (100mcg) and Cynomel T3 (25mcg) and the results have a been remarkable, I am getting far better results from the Synthroid, all the issues I was having with cynoplus have reversed including my libido which has gone high again! I haven't felt this good in a long long time. Brain fog has completely cleared, I can concentrate so much better, mood is much better, I have more stamina in the gym, the list goes on.

Maybe I was reacting to something in cynoplus?

Early days yet as I have only been taking the Synthroid for 5 days but hopefully things will continue.

What doses are you using, yhick?

OP
V

Vanced

Another update.

Unfortunately the initial good reaction with Synthroid didn't last :(

My libido is zero, I have bad brain fog, no motivation to do much at all. I am going to attempt to come off all meds once again and see what happens, getting sick and tired of it now...my whole life has been on hold for years and still I haven't got a solution!

I may try a NDT again and see where that gets me.

TeaRex14

Pretty old thread, OP joined in 2014 and has only commented 94 times. It's likely he's moved on. Some people mistakenly think of thyroid as a adaptogen substance, that when you take it everything else will sort itself out. Doesn't really work that way. It's very possible in certain people that supplementing thyroid may in fact increase levels of undesirable hormones, like estrogen for instance. A combination of thyroid, pregenenlone, and maybe cypro as well would be ideal. The thyroid will increase oxidative metabolism and CO2 production, pregenenlone will antagonize estrogen production, and cypro will lower serotonin which will have a cascade of downstream pro metabolic effects. Naturally, goes without saying, good nutrition is imperative as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals