DHEA + Pregnenolone Helps POTS But Kills Libido?

aarfai

I think you are right in that it will have increased estrogen but the question is why did such a small dose do this to me? I think almost certainly because I'm pretty ill with CFS/POTS but what mechanism is at play here? I have tried some vit K recently but had dodgy effects, can't remember what, so left it for a while, I do have mushrooms but usually fried.

I do think it was the PREG/DHEA/Pansterone since it had very noticeable instant effects, including lowered libido. I stopped taking it toward the end of February and my libido still hasn't really recovered.

Yes I since learnt this and at the time of the test I was applying it to my wrists one drop every 5/6 days. This was after a break from it, of course I could have had some lingering effects, but why has my libido not recovered since.
Ray has said that 'things to increase the metabolic rate' would help hypogonadism and low libido. Things like low dose progesterone (for a male), pregnenolone, DHEA, aspirin, red light, thyroid, caffeine and CO2 come to mind. I would also stress the importance of keeping your bowel and liver clean.

OP
SB4

SB4

@aarfai Perhaps my case is different, as I am fairly sure it was the low dose DHEA Pregnenolone that got me there in the first place. My libido was low before due to being ill, but it has been even lower since early this year when I started using DHEA PREG.

aarfai

@aarfai Perhaps my case is different, as I am fairly sure it was the low dose DHEA Pregnenolone that got me there in the first place. My libido was low before due to being ill, but it has been even lower since early this year when I started using DHEA PREG.
I don't think low dose DHEA and pregnenolone would shut you down but I could be wrong. I would try eating more Peaty goods and getting more sunlight. I've been in your shoes and things come around. Just stick to the basics and remember less is often more

aarfai

Prenenonlone stimulates it's own synthesis. Perhaps try an oral morning dose of 300 mg weekly and see how you feel. Did you use DMSO when applying the DHEA to the scrotum?

OP
SB4

SB4

Prenenonlone stimulates it's own synthesis. Perhaps try an oral morning dose of 300 mg weekly and see how you feel. Did you use DMSO when applying the DHEA to the scrotum?
I cannot remember what I used, but one of the things was a haidut product and could have had DMSO.

I am very wary of using 300mg of Preg when I experienced negative effects at 1.25mg. I have read haidut saying that preg under I think 15mg does not interfere with normal production. 300mg I assume would which could cause additional unwarranted effects.

aarfai

I think you're confusing DHEA with Pregnenolone. DHEA is best used in low doses while Pregnenolone is safe. Ray himself took 3000-4000 mgs a day for nearly a year to test it's safety.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals