New Ray Peat Search Engine

co2islife

I created a new project called L-I-G-H-T. The name will reveal itself once the vision of the project reaches further fruition. I have created a search engine for all of Ray Peat's written work and audio and video content.

15267908_337637043284575_1253045586402691461_n.png

Over the last several months my team has gone through and transcribed all of his audio and video content and time stamped every single word. We have tripled checked for accuracy, though if you see any mistakes please notify me and it will be fixed.

You can search words or phrases and find where Ray has said it and start playing the audio from there at that exact spot. It will show all instances of where it appears in that audio or written work. Additionally it has a feature to share audio segments on Facebook allowing you to select the start and end time.

When I showed it to Bud Weiss, this is how he responded to me.

"Wow. I'm absolutely overwhelmed both by your incredible dedication to bringing this work forward and making it so much more researchable and to your extraordinary generosity. You deserve so much recognition for doing this and making research and teaching with this a kind of dream all of us who are serious about it would wish for and here you are doing it. There are just no adequate thanks for all of this. WOW”​

You can access it here - https://l-i-g-h-t.com

This is just the beginning and I will be adding quite a lot more content and features in the near future.

Steve

burtlancast

Over the last several months my team has gone through and transcribed all of his audio and video content and time stamped every single word.

This is just the beginning and I will be adding quite a lot more content and features in the near future.

Steve

:hairpull:dancenanner:carrot:dancingsmileyman:drool:grouphug2:woo:thankyoublue:welcome2

Now the transcription team can have some holidays.
Tell us whenever you announce your candidacy for US president, we'll vote for you.

L

lollipop

@co2islife Once again I have an opportunity to THANK YOU and congratulate you on such an amazing effort to support this growing Ray Peat community \(^o^)/

Simply AWESOME!!!

OP
C

co2islife

LOL thank you Burt. The transcription team has done an amazing job on this website. For my project unfortunately I had to redo everything because I wanted to time stamp every word to make the search functionality very precise and allow you to play the audio from that point.

I have triple checked everything but anyone sees any mistakes please contact me and I'll have it fixed.

Thanks.

Dan W

That's so cool Steve. Any objection to me adding a search box on my PeatSearch page that forwards the query over to your results page?

burtlancast

Ray's work has been unleashed upon the internets. :coffee

Translations will follow soon.

Hide your wifes and childrens,

Wikipedia, Whale.to,

here we come!

:dance

burtlancast

I've just made a quick search for "emphysema" in only the books category, but it gave no results?
Yet, there should be about 8-9 of them.

OP
C

co2islife

I've just made a quick search for "emphysema" in only the books category, but it gave no results?
Yet, there should be about 8-9 of them.

Do you know where they should be? I have a PDF copy of the only book indexed and there are no instances of "emphysema" in the book.

Is there a particular book you are thinking of?

Thanks,
Steve

burtlancast

Do you know where they should be? I have a PDF copy of the only book indexed and there are no instances of "emphysema" in the book.

Is there a particular book you are thinking of?

Thanks,
Steve

PM sent

Sheik

This is very, very awesome. I'm using it right now.

Will there be a system to report transcription errors? (A Wiki-type system would be nice but I don't know if you would want to take that risk).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals