Should I Keep The Youtube Channel Going?

Should I keep the channel going?

• No

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 38 97.4%

• Total voters

raypeatclips

I saw recently the new Ray Peat search engine was released at www.l-i-g-h-t.com and it really is fantastic. It includes all of Peat's audo interviews as well, including some I had never heard of, and is very easy to search inside the audio clips. Do people see a point in me carrying on the Youtube channel, or will you all use the website instead? I feel like it has obseleted my old fashioned chopping methods! Let me know anyway, I'm happy to carry on if people will still watch the videos :)

tastyfood

For me it's been a godsend. I love how you are capturing the ideas and the titles.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

For me it's been a godsend. I love how you are capturing the ideas and the titles.

Thank you, have you checked the new website out though? I thought people would be more likely to search the website for things they are interested in and researching. Rather that having to wait for me to upload various different topics of clips. It would be nice to have a little discussion on the topic.

L

lollipop

@raypeatclips

I think having a variety of options to view, learn about, and study Ray's ideas is not only valuable but crucial. I would be sad if you stopped your efforts. I direct people often to your clips and share them as well. Plus it must be amazing for you how much you have learned from doing this work. That in and of itself has value.

I vote for you to continue. Consider using Patreon to help you fund your efforts if they are not financially feasible.

Peater Piper

The more disseminated the information, the better the odds of someone unaware of Peat stumbling upon the information. I say keep it going unless it becomes cumbersome.

InChristAlone

I really like the short clips! But I love YouTube in general. I think Ray is getting way more exposure through your videos. I was searching vitamin D and a few of yours came up in the first few pages.

paymanz

Those YouTube clips for sure are easier and better option for people who are new/unfamiliar with ray's ideas.

And also with light search engin you have to have something especial to search for but with raypeatclips you can sometimes surf through channel and tittles and find info you even forgot about them.that is really interesting.

Last edited:

Herbie

Ive listened to all of the Ray Peat interviews on the master list twice but breaking down the golden nuggets and having them on youtube is nice and easy.

I say keep going, if you keep working at it, the ray peat clips will become a great resource and make it easier for people to access his work.

burtlancast

Youtube is a fantastic arena to publicize and disseminate Peat's ideas.

Don't you dare close your channel!

Makrosky

Yeah keep up with it.

ANd besides that...I'm intrigued...who is behind the new light website ? Who paid for all the hours transcribing everything ? How is this sponsor going to get his/her money and time back ?

Who are them ?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Thank you for all the supportive responses, I will continue the channel for the time being as I have been doing, making clips when I have free time at home. Glad so many people have benefited from the channel!

@tastyfood Thank you for the reply. I sometimes worry I am not representing the clip enough with the title, and often make titles that are too long and need to be trimmed. Hopefully I don't miss out on things in the titles.

@DaveFoster Glad you have benefited, I considered the channel to be more outdated, and wondered if people would move to newer technology, but seems a lot of people still will use it. :)

@Peater Piper Yeah that was one of my initial ideas with the channel, spread out clips and eventually one will "hit" i.e get a lot of views, which would bring more traffic to the channel and ultimately lead to other people finding Peat. There are many 'health' videos on Youtube with terrible information which get absolutely thousands and thousands of views, it would be great if Ray got that kind of exposure.

I wouldn't say it was cumbersome now, of course I would be happy to find something else to do with my time, I could read more, watch another film, play games a bit longer, but it doesn't feel like a chore yet.

@poilochio Thanks for the reply!

@paymanz Yeah good point, it is nice to flick through the videos, even having heard them all already.

@lisaferraro Of course I have learnt a lot from the interviews, they are fascinating. I was thinking I would continue listening to them myself, but not slice them up, which would save me quite a bit of time. It would be nice to get a little money back, I might consider a Patreon but not sure yet.

@Janelle525 That is excellent, I knew the more views the videos got the more likely they were to rise to the top of searches, and with more popular videos like, Vitamin D, anxiety, hair loss clips being added, people are more likely to stumble upon him.

@burtlancast There was never any question of closing the channel! I was considering just stopping to update it, leaving it how it is.

@Makrosky I wondered who made it as well, a lot of time and effort seems to have gone into it.

@milk_lover Yeah youtube is very popular and doesn't seem to be going anywhere, maybe the l-i-g-h-t website may disappear one day, not sure who it belongs to.

L

lollipop

@Makrosky @raypeatclips

The guy who started the search is active on the Ray Peat Inspired Facebook page. I have been amazed at the breath of the Peat Community by participating in 3 FB groups and this Forum. Amazing really.

Lilac

I wasn't even aware of what you had going until reading this thread. But this morning I viewed the vitamin D clip via a Facebook group and it was very helpful! My mother had tried vitamin D to help leg weakness and thought it had worked. Now we know why--equivalent to thyroid. She is a Synthroid sufferer, so we're looking for anything to improve that bad situation. Thank you!

Ideonaut

I saw recently the new Ray Peat search engine was released at www.l-i-g-h-t.com and it really is fantastic. It includes all of Peat's audo interviews as well, including some I had never heard of, and is very easy to search inside the audio clips. Do people see a point in me carrying on the Youtube channel, or will you all use the website instead? I feel like it has obseleted my old fashioned chopping methods! Let me know anyway, I'm happy to carry on if people will still watch the videos :)
8-14-17 I can't get to l-i-g-h-t.com, to my chagrin. Anyone know what's up with that?