Neuron Derived Estrogen Important For Memory Formation

olive

Neuron-Derived Estrogen Regulates Synaptic Plasticity and Memory

Could this mean aromatise inhibitors (such as exemestane) may inhibit memory formation?
Memory issues is something I’ve struggled with for a long time. I’m prescribed a fairly high dose of exemestane for estrogen control due to a pituitary tumour. Unsure what to think.

bmoores

Could this mean aromatise inhibitors (such as exemestane) may inhibit memory formation?
Memory issues is something I’ve struggled with for a long time. I’m prescribed a fairly high dose of exemestane for estrogen control due to a pituitary tumour. Unsure what to think.

This is another sham study using the Barnes Maze task. The Barnes maze is a scenario that measures an animals timidness, fear, introversion, and harm avoidance. By knocking out estrogen, the mouse was unafraid and spent much longer in the bright light. When estrogen was administered, the animal's fear and anxiety was restored, and it ran for cover much faster. The same Barnes Maze has been used to show how fructose 'damages' a mouse's memory by increasing its novelty seeking, and increasing the time that it relaxed in the bright light, unafraid. The Barnes maze isn't a memory test at all, as far as I can see. Even scared, low energy mice remember the place to hide. As the study measured, "... contextual fear memory..." may be enhanced with Estrogen.

ShotTrue

Dangers of Excess Estrogen in the Aging Male - page 1 | Life Extension
Life extension, a good vitamin brand, seems to think 18-40 estrogen is the ideal range. It's hard to say as I usually get sides from AIs but people point to low progesterone.
I do think that perhaps low estrogen leads to brain fog and maybe memory issues. I get more memory issues from high estrogen I think.

I hope the tumor could be operated and removed, doesn't sound ideal. Maybe check to see if your exemestane use is hitting below 18 pg/nl

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Kingpinguin Synaptamide, Neuron Growth, DHA Scientific Studies 10
E Neuron death induced by THC was inhibited by Vitamin E and Asprin Scientific Studies 2
methylenewhite Another Vaccine Failure. Vaccine-derived Poliovirus Mutated And Spreads Like Wild Type Scientific Studies 2
Cameron Dht Derived Steroids Best To Worst Orals Male Issues 67
Soren CAPILIA LONGA For Hair Growth (derived From Turmeric) Hair & Nails 49
L Thorne Research Vitamin K2 Derived From Soy? K 16
haidut Androsterone - The Legal Pro-hormone For Potent 5-AR Derived Androgens Scientific Studies 10
P Mast Cell-derived Histamine Is Necessary For Platelet-activating Factor Mediated Systemic Immunosupp Scientific Studies 0
S Study About Gut Derived Serotonin's Effect On Metabolism Digestion, Gut Flora 1
Rachel Ergot-derived Smart Drugs Miscellaneous Health Discussions 15
Mauritio Dutasteride / Finasteride cause fibrosis of the penis and prostate; decrease androgen receptors, increase estrogen receptors Scientific Studies 9
L Estrogen seems to make me feel better... Female Issues 20
S Ideal Estrogen/Progestone Ratio and Levels Ask For Help or Advice 1
F Could Pregnenolone be the reason why I feel bad on TRT? (estrogen antagonism?) Ask For Help or Advice 33
G My high estrogen won't drop. Help Ask For Help or Advice 27
NodeCerebri Can’t seem to come out of estrogen dominance. Tried everything already Ask For Help or Advice 67
D Is Beard Growth Androgen, Estrogen, or Nitric Oxide related? Or all the above? Male Issues 30
Nfinkelstein What supplement best for estrogen clearance Ask For Help or Advice 17
P Why Does Lowering Estrogen Slow My Hair Loss? (Interesting experience) Hair & Nails 4
haidut Fasting ups estrogen & cortisol, decimates vitamin D, may cause diabetes Scientific Studies 41
Lokzo Testosterone As Well As Estrogen Increases Serotonin2A Receptor MRNA Scientific Studies 0
J Fat And "LOW" Estrogen/low Libido After Andro/pansterone/VitE Ask For Help or Advice 28
Hgreen56 If Joint Pain Is Caused By Low Estrogen, How To Solve This Problem Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 6
haidut Lowering Estrogen Prevents Memory Decline In Menopausal Females Scientific Studies 1
haidut Estrogen Can Both Cause And Exacerbate Lupus Scientific Studies 0
haidut Estrogen May Be The Cause Of "estrogen-negative" Breast Cancer Scientific Studies 0
haidut Androgens Boost, Estrogen Inhibits, Anti-aging Gene Klotho Scientific Studies 1
haidut Estrogen Lowers T, DHT, And Fertility; Inhibits 5α-Reductase (5-AR) Scientific Studies 13
Mr.Cacciatore DHEA Agonizes Estrogen Beta Receptor Male Issues 0
Velve921 Lowered Estrogen And Feeling Overly Chill And Relaxed Ask For Help or Advice 25
Opioidus Is There A Medication That Actually Antagonizes Estrogen? Male Issues 15
rzero Breast Cancer Survivors Who Use Estrogenic Botanical Supplements Have Lower Serum Estrogen Levels Scientific Studies 20
B New Research Suggests The Conversion Of Testosterone To Estrogen In The Brain Is Crucial For Male Se Ask For Help or Advice 40
Gadreel Is Celery Seed Good For Lowering Estrogen? Ask For Help or Advice 0
bluefish Dairy, Estrogen, Etc Etc Diet 7
haidut Lipolysis / FFA Drive Breast Cancer By Promoting Estrogen Signalling Scientific Studies 0
P Estrogen And Attraction Science 50
Mauritio Methylene Blue Increases Thyroid , Decreases Estrogen And Prolactin Scientific Studies 45
Harryedgar Fat Loss, PUFA, Estrogen Detox And Increased Metabolism Weight 0
haidut Estrogen Directly Causes Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Scientific Studies 23
haidut Male Sexual Function Does NOT Require Estrogen Scientific Studies 20
haidut Estrogen And Histamine, Not HPV, Drive Cervical Cancer Scientific Studies 6
ScurveDream Long Chins, Big Ears, Long/narrow Faces = GH, Estrogen? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hans I Got 99 Problems, But The Estrogen In Milk Ain’t One Articles & Scientific Studies 20
C Tribulus Terrestris (TT) Increases Estrogen? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
C Vitamin E Crashing Estrogen? Vitamins 6
Hans How To Make Sure You Detox Estrogen Effectively Articles & Scientific Studies 26
S Evidence For Estrogen Levels In Mpb Hair & Nails 48
S Evidence For Estrogen Levels In Mpb Hair & Nails 38
md_a 16-Year-Old Boy Allegedly Forced By County Officials To Take Estrogen As Behavi Articles & Scientific Studies 9