Neuron Derived Estrogen Important For Memory Formation

olive

Neuron-Derived Estrogen Regulates Synaptic Plasticity and Memory

Could this mean aromatise inhibitors (such as exemestane) may inhibit memory formation?
Memory issues is something I’ve struggled with for a long time. I’m prescribed a fairly high dose of exemestane for estrogen control due to a pituitary tumour. Unsure what to think.

bmoores

Could this mean aromatise inhibitors (such as exemestane) may inhibit memory formation?
Memory issues is something I’ve struggled with for a long time. I’m prescribed a fairly high dose of exemestane for estrogen control due to a pituitary tumour. Unsure what to think.

This is another sham study using the Barnes Maze task. The Barnes maze is a scenario that measures an animals timidness, fear, introversion, and harm avoidance. By knocking out estrogen, the mouse was unafraid and spent much longer in the bright light. When estrogen was administered, the animal's fear and anxiety was restored, and it ran for cover much faster. The same Barnes Maze has been used to show how fructose 'damages' a mouse's memory by increasing its novelty seeking, and increasing the time that it relaxed in the bright light, unafraid. The Barnes maze isn't a memory test at all, as far as I can see. Even scared, low energy mice remember the place to hide. As the study measured, "... contextual fear memory..." may be enhanced with Estrogen.

ShotTrue

Dangers of Excess Estrogen in the Aging Male - page 1 | Life Extension
Life extension, a good vitamin brand, seems to think 18-40 estrogen is the ideal range. It's hard to say as I usually get sides from AIs but people point to low progesterone.
I do think that perhaps low estrogen leads to brain fog and maybe memory issues. I get more memory issues from high estrogen I think.

I hope the tumor could be operated and removed, doesn't sound ideal. Maybe check to see if your exemestane use is hitting below 18 pg/nl