NAC literally made me dyslexic for a short time!! Why?

HeyThere

It came on VERY quickly, and after a tiny dosage. Happened 3x and was both fascinating and scary. Literal dyslexia, whether on paper or monitor. I'd type totally jumbled up and read jumbled up. Went away within a couple of days and I never took NAC again. What in the world could have happened?

It came on VERY quickly, and after a tiny dosage. Happened 3x and was both fascinating and scary. Literal dyslexia, whether on paper or monitor. I'd type totally jumbled up and read jumbled up. Went away within a couple of days and I never took NAC again. What in the world could have happened?
That’s bizarre

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Interesting. I do have dopamine issues I think.. horrible insomnia and depression for decades (gee, it couldn't be stress, worry and the state of the world or anything... but still...)

I am ok with molybd, but maybe selenium is the issue? Need to investigate.

If you have depression for years... well I have heard and I think it is also my case - those with dopamine dysfunction also have renal disfunction - by wasting a lot of minerals. I did hair mineral test and almost everything was on bottom reference level. By starting to use moderate ammounts of vit D A and mineral supplements + humic/fulvic acids I got back on track.
My symptoms where that by taking stims I became more sleepy. NAC made me anhedonic.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

If you have depression for years... well I have heard and I think it is also my case - those with dopamine dysfunction also have renal disfunction - by wasting a lot of minerals. I did hair mineral test and almost everything was on bottom reference level. By starting to use moderate ammounts of vit D A and mineral supplements + humic/fulvic acids I got back on track.
My symptoms where that by taking stims I became more sleepy. NAC made me anhedonic.

Here's mine..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 30
Wow! How long ago have you done this test? I would guess that your extreme reaction to NAC is from your disbalanced minerals. I would go for aluminium helation first and then would try to bump up everything that is low. Before I have been using minerals from iherb in chelate form, but now it seems there are few probably not fake ionic mineral supplements.

So probably you need only humic/fulvic supplement which can distribute minerals between organs.
Also low Iron usually means chronic inflammation.

Also NAC, l-theanine, tmg, can stimulate mineral excretion. Too much zinc - too little copper.
Rubidium is master potasium regulator. It changed a lot for me.

miquelangeles

How much were you taking? NAC may promote reductive stress by scavenging essential oxidants. Same for other antioxidants like CoQ10, personalized dosing and duration is recommended. Excessive intake may shift the balance to reductive stress, which is now recognized to be as harmful as oxidative stress.

S.Seneff

Perhaps it was not nac inside the pill.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

How much were you taking? NAC may promote reductive stress by scavenging essential oxidants. Same for other antioxidants like CoQ10, personalized dosing and duration is recommended. Excessive intake may shift the balance to reductive stress, which is now recognized to be as harmful as oxidative stress.

Not even enough for a mouse. My body is insanely sensitive. It's annoying. A speck, literally a speck.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Wow! How long ago have you done this test? I would guess that your extreme reaction to NAC is from your disbalanced minerals. I would go for aluminium helation first and then would try to bump up everything that is low. Before I have been using minerals from iherb in chelate form, but now it seems there are few probably not fake ionic mineral supplements.

So probably you need only humic/fulvic supplement which can distribute minerals between organs.
Also low Iron usually means chronic inflammation.

Also NAC, l-theanine, tmg, can stimulate mineral excretion. Too much zinc - too little copper.
Rubidium is master potasium regulator. It changed a lot for me.

I didn't take any supplements back when I took this test. I took a retest and everything was slightly bettered, but not by enough by far.

As I understand it, if my levels show high Zinc, that means it's not in my system but rather coming out in my hair. Same with Calcium, etc.

I have a chronic dehydration imbalance.
Taking any potassium ALWAYS makes me feel really weird and sick.
I have salicylate issues, probably related to chronic dehydration.
I've lived a life full of stress and panic attacks and worries, long stories. Always trying to better though.
Started magnesium recently, finally getting real deep sleep for a solid 4 hours after 25 yrs of hideous insomnia.
Skin issues, itching every day... legs, arms, salicylayte build up always causing a hideous red breakout on arms and easy bruising.
I'm a mess. And I'm tired of the fight.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I didn't take any supplements back when I took this test. I took a retest and everything was slightly bettered, but not by enough by far.

As I understand it, if my levels show high Zinc, that means it's not in my system but rather coming out in my hair. Same with Calcium, etc.

I have a chronic dehydration imbalance.
Taking any potassium ALWAYS makes me feel really weird and sick.
I have salicylate issues, probably related to chronic dehydration.
I've lived a life full of stress and panic attacks and worries, long stories. Always trying to better though.
Started magnesium recently, finally getting real deep sleep for a solid 4 hours after 25 yrs of hideous insomnia.
Skin issues, itching every day... legs, arms, salicylayte build up always causing a hideous red breakout on arms and easy bruising.
I'm a mess. And I'm tired of the fight.
In my experience, even small amounts of NAC causes issues for folks that have accumulated quite a lot of dysfunction and toxicity over the years. Things like racing heart, anxiety, even dizziness. Using other things to support detoxification is a good idea in those cases. Sauna (though not sure in your case that would be my first choice), minerals, MSM, coffee enemas, and amino acids like taurine and glycine are good first options. Also ensuring gut dysfunction is identified and addressed, like pathogens, opportunisitic organism overgrowth, yeast etc. will always improve the overall state of health, which can allow for "stronger" detox support like NAC to be added as the individual gets stronger. Of course in some cases it is just a sulphur sensitivity, that should also be considered.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

In my experience, even small amounts of NAC causes issues for folks that have accumulated quite a lot of dysfunction and toxicity over the years. Things like racing heart, anxiety, even dizziness. Using other things to support detoxification is a good idea in those cases. Sauna (though not sure in your case that would be my first choice), minerals, MSM, coffee enemas, and amino acids like taurine and glycine are good first options. Also ensuring gut dysfunction is identified and addressed, like pathogens, opportunisitic organism overgrowth, yeast etc. will always improve the overall state of health, which can allow for "stronger" detox support like NAC to be added as the individual gets stronger. Of course in some cases it is just a sulphur sensitivity, that should also be considered.

Interesting, thank you. I have Salicylate issues which point to Sulfur and difficult time eliminating toxins. I've lived an extremely stressed life, I guess this is the payoff :(

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Interesting, thank you. I have Salicylate issues which point to Sulfur and difficult time eliminating toxins. I've lived an extremely stressed life, I guess this is the payoff :(
It's never tool late to reverse the trend, though!

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

It's never tool late to reverse the trend, though!

Not my reality. Money worries and other stuff. Just not reality to "get rid of worries" that have to be dealt with. But I get on with life and do the best I can.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Not my reality. Money worries and other stuff. Just not reality to "get rid of worries" that have to be dealt with. But I get on with life and do the best I can.
Have you looked into EFT/Tapping? Check it out, it can really help you with that. Another thing people report a lot of success with is limbic system retraining, that may also help. Search for "limbic gupta" and a good course will come up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals