MIT Study: Social distancing, occupancy limits likely useless

Drareg

I work in a university and the number of colleagues who now list their preferred pronouns in their email signature is frightening.
They are pathetic, hopefully this isn’t the case in STEM, in large numbers, bound to be some woke clowns in there.

They are all for dismantling White supremacy in academia until it effects their salaried positions.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That adults buy in to this hogwash is terrifying in that, if they haven't had children they may still do and therefore pass on their defective chromosomes. This is the thought that wakes me up at night. Just sharing my acerbic wit.

Even if their genes are OK, acquired idiocy can still be very much passed on to the next generation epigenetically...and that "idiotic wave" of heritability may ripple through up to 14 generations.

Drareg

Even if their genes are OK, acquired idiocy can still be very much passed on to the next generation epigenetically...and that "idiotic wave" of heritability may ripple through up to 14 generations.

The parents believe they are saving the environment for future generations by joining the corporate sponsored green movement, they are basically enslaving future generations and making them retarded.
The virtue delusion is real.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The parents believe they are saving the environment for future generations by joining the corporate sponsored green movement, they are basically enslaving future generations and making them retarded.
The virtue delusion is real.

I am afraid about 50%+ Millenials an Gen Z have embraced the "earth is overpopulated, so I will help by not breeding" mantra sold to them by people like BoJo, who have 5+ kids and show no signs of stopping the baby factory. Basically, a multi-generational contest for the Darwin awards.

Rick K

So true. Just as mental illness is passed on through environmental conditions (modeling parents behavior) and not through some inherited chemical malfeasance.

Missenger

I am afraid about 50%+ Millenials an Gen Z have embraced the "earth is overpopulated, so I will help by not breeding" mantra sold to them by people like BoJo, who have 5+ kids and show no signs of stopping the baby factory. Basically, a multi-generational contest for the Darwin awards.

View: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1387587205410000904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1387587205410000904%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_

It's more blatant than that.

Peater Piper

The risk of viral transmission is the same, which means social distancing indoors is almost pointless as it does not reduce risk, even with masks.
I'm not sure where you pulled that from. Within the model, masks proved to be very efficacious, and were stated as such by the authors. You can play with different scenarios using their model here: COVID-19 Indoor Safety Guideline. In one scenario I created, no masks would result in an infection between two people within 2 hours. Surgical masks between both participants would increase the time to infection to 77 hours. I'm not saying the model is correct, but their two major recommendations were mask compliance and ventilation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals