Losing fat by increasing insulin?

TeaChedda

Forum Supporter
In the latest Generative Energy podcast 101, at about 40 minutes, @haidut mentions that the weight-loss drug Ozempic works by basically increasing your insulin. Im wondering if it would be beneficial to increase my insulin as much as possible on a bodybuilding cut for vanity purposes, not necessarily for health purposes, but still not be too harmful. Does anyone think this would be a good idea, and if so, how would you go about doing it?

LucH

In the latest Generative Energy podcast 101, at about 40 minutes, @haidut mentions that the weight-loss drug Ozempic works by basically increasing your insulin.
Hi. You won' loose weight by increasing insulin. On the contrary. But by making cells more sensitive to insulin, you'll need less insulin to do the same work.
"Insulin decreases blood glucose concentration by inducing intake of glucose by the cells". + Dual action if level too high.
=> The glucose is no longer available for carburation (burned) because it's then converted in the adipocytes.
Misunderstanding: Haidut hasn't probably said that.
Hope it will help.
NB1: You have to make cells (Glut-4 sensors) more sensitive. So not too much fat around the muscles.
NB2: You need potassium to optimize sensivity.
I'd read the book « glucose révolution », of Jessie Inschauspé.
Ideas in French (with translators): To learn how to moderate blood sugar spike.
Glucose Révolution

OP
TeaChedda

TeaChedda

Forum Supporter
Hi. You won' loose weight by increasing insulin. On the contrary. But by making cells more sensitive to insulin, you'll need less insulin to do the same work.
"Insulin decreases blood glucose concentration by inducing intake of glucose by the cells". => No more available: the glucose is no longer available for carburation (burned) and is converted in the adipocytes.
Misunderstanding. Haidut hasn't probably said that.
Hope it will help.
NB1: You have to make cells (Glut-4 sensors) more sensitive. So not too much fat around the muscles.
NB2: You need potassium to optimize sensivity.
I'd read the book « glucose révolution », of Jessie Inschauspé.
Ideas in French (with translators): To learn how to moderate blood sugar spike.
Glucose Révolution
Appreciate the response, I'll check out that book. But I encourage you to listen to the episode, I swear thats what he said. Right at 40min he says that Ray said insulin resistance should actually help you lose weight because insulin is the fat promoting hormone. And that Ozempic drastically increases your insulin.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Results for those on ozempic are mixed.
Many don't do well. GI issues are the most common side effects.
It suppresses appetite, which to me is an indication of suppressed metabolism (i.e., expedited aging)

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Lyle McDonald had written about this long time ago, against the mainstream. Now Lyle is quite infamous, but he also is a genius. Too bad he wasn't open enough to welcome Peatarian theories.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Appreciate the response, I'll check out that book. But I encourage you to listen to the episode, I swear thats what he said. Right at 40min he says that Ray said insulin resistance should actually help you lose weight because insulin is the fat promoting hormone. And that Ozempic drastically increases your insulin.

Yes, I did say that, though I would like to point out that I am not in any way recommending people use that drug. That being said, it is hard to argue that the main effects of the drug are through increased insulin. At least, no other mechanism of action is currently known, and we mentioned on the Danny show how insulin's anti-lipolytic effects may be responsible for lower glucose and weight-loss. If this mechanism is correct, then Ozempic is a great experimental confirmation of the Randle Cycle - i.e. less lipolysis = less fat oxidation = more glucose uptake and oxidation.
So, if lowering lipolysis is the main mechanism of action for Ozempic then higher dose aspirin, niacinamide, vitamin E, etc would be better options. Vitamin K increases osteocalcin, which increases both testosterone and insulin secretion. Pregnenolone also increases insulin secretion so it could help for weight loss too.
"...Semaglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist, meaning that it mimics the action of the human incretin glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), thereby increasing insulin secretion and increasing blood sugar disposal and improving glycemic control. Side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and constipation.[11]"

OP
TeaChedda

TeaChedda

Forum Supporter
Yes, I did say that, though I would like to point out that I am not in any way recommending people use that drug. That being said, it is hard to argue that the main effects of the drug are through increased insulin. At least, no other mechanism of action is currently known, and we mentioned on the Danny show how insulin's anti-lipolytic effects may be responsible for lower glucose and weight-loss. If this mechanism is correct, then Ozempic is a great experimental confirmation of the Randle Cycle - i.e. less lipolysis = less fat oxidation = more glucose uptake and oxidation.
So, if lowering lipolysis is the main mechanism of action for Ozempic then higher dose aspirin, niacinamide, vitamin E, etc would be better options. Vitamin K increases osteocalcin, which increases both testosterone and insulin secretion. Pregnenolone also increases insulin secretion so it could help for weight loss too.
"...Semaglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist, meaning that it mimics the action of the human incretin glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), thereby increasing insulin secretion and increasing blood sugar disposal and improving glycemic control. Side effects include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and constipation.[11]"
Thank you for your response. Of course I would never think of taking Ozempic. I thought it was a novel idea though that maybe raising my insulin with maybe whey protien and sugar, along with aspirin and niacinamide etc. Would help me lose fat faster.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Reading stuff on insilin here andvdaw this.
People who take ozempic tend to lose their appetite, which indicates reduction in metabolism, not necessarily a characteristic of insulemic action.
Something else must be going on with ozempic in addition....

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals