Lipase

Ideonaut

Here's an article on lipase by Dr. Walter Last LIPASE – The Universal Remedy He says that lipase deficiency is common, that fats can't be mobilized for fuel without sufficient internal lipase, and that only RAW fats contain lipase. He thinks lipase is a key to improved health and energy. I know from a Peat perspective some of what he writes is incorrect, e.g. that cells with more omega-3s produce more energy, but I'd be interested in getting knowledgeable Peaters' reactions.

michael94

Yes raw cream certainly tastes better than pasteurized... Walter mentions that lipase deficiency contributes to low bile flow. Well, there is evidence that the reverse is true also. Here is a more specific explanation for the so-called age related decline in lipase production ( which is not wrong just vague ).

Furthermore, there is accumulating evidence that the production of certain apolipoproteins is regulated by the bile acid–activated nuclear receptor FXR (farnesoid X receptor) (46, 47). Expressed mainly in the liver, apolipoprotein C-II (apoC-II) is a requisite cofactor for lipoprotein lipase. Because FXR induces transcription of the apoC-II gene (46), a possible additional mechanism linking plasma levels of triglycerides with bile acid concentrations in the liver is suggested, in addition to any effect of bile acids on the synthesis of VLDL.
Human cholesterol 7α-hydroxylase (CYP7A1) deficiency has a hypercholesterolemic phenotype

paymanz

Maybe if a person wants to be a better beta oxidizer it become important,to have decent lipase production inside body.

But from peat perspective you don't want to have that, because he think carbs are favorable fuel.

In his writings he warned about mobilization of free fatty acids which can cause inflammation and suppression of sugar metabolism.and lipase is what mediates that mobilization.

You don't need that lipase unless your in starvation state, same with carnitin..... In ray view you actually need to suppress them!

ray peat said:
Old people are able to metabolize fat at the same rate as younger people, but their overall metabolic rate is lower, because they are unable to oxidize sugar at the same high rate as young people. Fat people have a similar selectively reduced ability to oxidize sugar.

Pet Peeve

Here's an article on lipase by Dr. Walter Last LIPASE – The Universal Remedy He says that lipase deficiency is common, that fats can't be mobilized for fuel without sufficient internal lipase, and that only RAW fats contain lipase. He thinks lipase is a key to improved health and energy. I know from a Peat perspective some of what he writes is incorrect, e.g. that cells with more omega-3s produce more energy, but I'd be interested in getting knowledgeable Peaters' reactions.

Interesting, thanks.

OP
Ideonaut

Ideonaut

You don't need that lipase unless your in starvation state, same with carnitin..... In ray view you actually need to suppress them!
Well, if, as Last says, you need lipase to mobilize fats, then you would need it to get rid of unwanted body fat. The article gives the view that lipase has many roles and is necessary for, among other things, the digestion of fats. Can you provide a cite for Ray saying lipase should be suppressed?

paymanz

Well, if, as Last says, you need lipase to mobilize fats, then you would need it to get rid of unwanted body fat. The article gives the view that lipase has many roles and is necessary for, among other things, the digestion of fats. Can you provide a cite for Ray saying lipase should be suppressed?
Anyway you have a base level of lipolysis , a base level of free fatty acids,so maybe it takes a longer time to burn that fat but its in healthier way.

I dont remember he talked about lipase but he mentioned lipolysis and free fatty acids many times, and lipase is essential part to creat both, to my knowledge.

OP
Ideonaut

Ideonaut

Fat is one of the storage organs of animals and plants. It makes no sense to eat the fatty storage organ of another animal or plant if your goal is to reduce the size of your own fatty storage organ.

There is a whole process to lipolysis that involves more than just the lipase enzyme:

Lipolysis – A highly regulated multi-enzyme complex mediates the catabolism of cellular fat stores

I could see it making sense if your body is short on necessary lipase and the lipase you get from eating raw fat is recycled in your body. Of course it would also seem more prudent just to use lipase supplements. He says lipase can get rid of age spots (lipofuscin), which would be something to try.

L

lollipop

He says lipase can get rid of age spots (lipofuscin), which would be something to try.
This is interesting. Do you know where that is referenced @Ideonaut? I use a digestive enzyme that contains a higher lipase quantity, so this caught my eye...

OP
Ideonaut

Ideonaut

This is interesting. Do you know where that is referenced @Ideonaut? I use a digestive enzyme that contains a higher lipase quantity, so this caught my eye...

Oops! I went back to the article (LIPASE – The Universal Remedy) and found that he writes "yellowish brown skin marks," by which I assumed he meant lipofuscin "age" spots, but it looks like he was referring to xanthomas. He says to try lipase on skin cancer, moles, and boils too. He also says you can use lipase-rich things like egg yolk, unpasteurized cream, and avocado.

Sunrise

Oops! I went back to the article (LIPASE – The Universal Remedy) and found that he writes "yellowish brown skin marks," by which I assumed he meant lipofuscin "age" spots, but it looks like he was referring to xanthomas. He says to try lipase on skin cancer, moles, and boils too. He also says you can use lipase-rich things like egg yolk, unpasteurized cream, and avocado.
How much avocado per week to not enter into anti peat mode :). Tjere is non unpasteurized cream here so I would need to rely on avocado and egg yolks. But I wonder as well bout high nitrate content in egg yolks. Because I could eat 8 per day but high nitrate may be a concern. Or not?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals