Lamotrigine (Lamictal)

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Beautifully said. This condition is at times absolutely soul crushing making it very hard if not impossible to think and act logically. Do you still take glycine? I noticed it makes me feel amazing at first but horrible soon after I stop taking it.. Is lamictal still working for you? Have you gone up in dosage?
I'm at 56.25 mg lamotrigine, and I'm titrating up to 100 mg over the next month. It's the most depressing week of the year, statistically.

I take ~900 mg aspirin dissolved in 3 g glycine with some baking soda before bed every night.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster yeah I tried metergoline too and hated it. Felt good the first day but by day 3 it was like a nightmare. I love lisuride. It’s totally different then metergoline in my opinion.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster yeah I tried metergoline too and hated it. Felt good the first day but by day 3 it was like a nightmare. I love lisuride. It’s totally different then metergoline in my opinion.
Interesting. Weight gain dissuades me from high cyproheptadine dosages, so I'll keep lisuride in mind. Thank you.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster for sure man. Lisuride is the bee's knees imho. And sorry I came off a little authoritarian, I just got frustarated that you were resorting to using this drug, but everyone has to find there own way. *insert quote of Ray Peat talking about guidance systems*

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster for sure man. Lisuride is the bee's knees imho. And sorry I came off a little authoritarian, I just got frustarated that you were resorting to using this drug, but everyone has to find there own way. *insert quote of Ray Peat talking about guidance systems*
It's fine. Pharmaceuticals are my last resort, but I'm in a bit of a desperate situation, and I only plan to be on these drugs for about a year anyway.

There's also the cost factor, where my doc wouldn't prescribe lisuride for depression, so I'd pay out of pocket.

goodandevil

It's fine. Pharmaceuticals are my last resort, but I'm in a bit of a desperate situation, and I only plan to be on these drugs for about a year anyway.

There's also the cost factor, where my doc wouldn't prescribe lisuride for depression, so I'd pay out of pocket.
Ray said lamotrigine is estrogenic, i think he did, i know i've seen that somewhere. How old are you my brother? You don't seem the bipolar type. How are things going in your life? How's your living siauation, &etc?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Last edited:

goodandevil

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

It's really amazing how much our living situation &c can affect our physiology. I understand how bad it can suck to be trapped in a difficult situation when you're young. I think you do a lot to try and raise yourself up out of it and i respect that. Have you applied for student aid or something to help change up your current situation?
I have a full-ride. Finances aren't something I worry about, and I've taken the steps to make that the case.

For me, it's social isolation, autistic tendencies, black and white thinking, loneliness, depression, anxiety, mood swings, codependency and so on that hamper me. I've never really felt like I could connect to others, so it's something I'm working towards.

goodandevil

I have a full-ride. Finances aren't something I worry about, and I've taken the steps to make that the case.

For me, it's social isolation, autistic tendencies, black and white thinking, loneliness, depression, anxiety, mood swings, codependency and so on that hamper me. I've never really felt like I could connect to others, so it's something I'm working towards.
What helped me was really understandijg the system. I think that helps ray too, even though i dont completely agree with his view of history. I think he needs to have a book to reference from, but i think he sought his path to keep himself away from the crowd. It's a hard thing when you're young but very valuabke when you get older. Because if you understand all these labels, bipolar, autistic, wre means to control you, then you can get a better sense of who you are naturally. But when you're young, the best among us want to seperate ourselves from the crowd. I think that's what these labels do for you, but they can also make you a victim of how the state wants you to classify yourself. For example people may feel more comfortable with ray if he was autistic, because they've seen rainman, and then they dont feel like they should work harder, but ray says we all can be geniuses, it's an innate property of the organism. Do you subscribe to popular political or world views?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

What helped me was really understandijg the system. I think that helps ray too, even though i dont completely agree with his view of history. I think he needs to have a book to reference from, but i think he sought his path to keep himself away from the crowd. It's a hard thing when you're young but very valuabke when you get older. Because if you understand all these labels, bipolar, autistic, wre means to control you, then you can get a better sense of who you are naturally. But when you're young, the best among us want to seperate ourselves from the crowd. I think that's what these labels do for you, but they can also make you a victim of how the state wants you to classify yourself. For example people may feel more comfortable with ray if he was autistic, because they've seen rainman, and then they dont feel like they should work harder, but ray says we all can be geniuses, it's an innate property of the organism. Do you subscribe to popular political or world views?
Not at all. It's brutal, actually. I connect to only a handful of people, and I often have to resort to humor or statements for shock value because internally I reject all of the mainstream assumptions about society.

The more constrained, the more deranged the narrative becomes over time.

goodandevil

Not at all. It's brutal, actually. I connect to only a handful of people, and I often have to resort to humor or statements for shock value because internally I reject all of the mainstream assumptions about society.

The more constrained, the more deranged the narrative becomes over time.
That's good. I think ur right on the track to be a satisfied adult. The only thing i can say is that eventually you can let your guard down more and more. But society is an unwinnable war. Humankind is ****88 and that's the truth, but you can have some victories in life. I'll send you an interesting monologue.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

That's good. I think ur right on the track to be a satisfied adult. The only thing i can say is that eventually you can let your guard down more and more. But society is an unwinnable war. Humankind is ****88 and that's the truth, but you can have some victories in life. I'll send you an interesting monologue.
I've always remembered something you said, paraphrased, "Be dissatisfied with society, but keep your cortisol low."

I'll check out your message.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I'm taking lamotrigine for bipolar symptoms, and I'm just curious as to your thoughts regarding the potential for things that lower anxiety (such as anticonvulsants) in the context of a high adrenaline response to thyroid. I don't think they improve glucose metabolism, but do you think the anxiolysis can be helpful in this context?

Dr. Peat: "There are safe, physiological methods that work better. I think chlorinated hydrocarbons should be avoided as far as possible.

Wikipedia: Side effects
Lamotrigine prescribing information has a black box warning about life-threatening skin reactions, including Stevens–Johnson syndrome (SJS), DRESS syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN).[39] The manufacturer states that nearly all cases appear in the first two to eight weeks of therapy,[39] or if the medication is suddenly stopped then resumed at the normal dosage.[citation needed] Patients should seek medical attention for any unexpected skin rash, as its presence is an indication of a possible serious or even deadly side-effect of the drug."

More info:

"Pollution of the environment and food supply by estrogenic chemicals is getting increased attention. Early in the study of estrogens, it was noticed that soot, containing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, was both estrogenic and carcinogenic. Since then, it has been found that phenolics and chlorinated hydrocarbons are significantly estrogenic, and that many estrogenic herbicides, pesticides, and industrial by-products persist in the environment, causing infertility, deformed reproductive organs, tumors, and other biological defects, including immunodeficiency. In the Columbia River, a recent study found that about 25% of the otters and muskrats were anatomically deformed."

Source: Estriol, DES, DDT.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

I agree that everyone can be a genius. After all genius loci just means spirit of the place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals