Killer CT SCANS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"There have been arguments about the nature of wound healing and regeneration, regarding the origin of the new cells--whether they are from the dedifferentiation of local cells, or the migration of stem cells. The evidence is that both can occur, depending on the tissue and the situation. The deterioration of an organ is probably not a question of a lack of stem cells, but of changed conditions causing them to differentiate into something inappropriate for the full functioning of that organ." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Jennifer posted this in my "Medicinal Herbs I Love" Thread....

"Best Essential Oil if Exposed to Radiation

Peppermint (Mentha X Piperita)

Peppermint is one of the very well-known essential oils and notable for its advantages to enhance energy and mental alertness. there’s a good deal of research to support the radiation protective advantages of Peppermint.

In a 2010 study by Baliga and Rao, also done with mice, found that Peppermint essential oil protected the mice against radiation-induced illness. Additionally, Peppermint protected radiosensitive organs like the testes, gastrointestinal tract, and hematopoietic systems. They relate that this effect also may be associated with the antioxidant properties of Peppermint that may enhance the DNA repair method.

Peppermint was given by oral ingestion to mice in most of the studies. Genuine (organic) Peppermint essential oil can be combined with water to drink throughout the day. Peppermint is very warm and it is suggested to add 1-2 drops to a gallon of water which can be stored in the refrigerator and drank at various times during the day. Remember to use a glass container – not plastic. The oil will dissolve the plastic over time.

These essential oils can be inhaled and many people find this an easy remedy for various concerns such as nausea and fatigue. Inhalation could be a solution for protection too. Use this by placing 1-2 drops of Peppermint oil on a tissue or cotton ball and inhale throughout the day. You can also use this by putting 1-2 drops of Peppermint oil in a teaspoon of your favorite carrier oil (such as coconut oil or jojoba oil) and place it on the soles of the feet every morning to begin your day and give that added protection."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ray Peat on bone necrosis from x-rays.....

"The x-ray first destroys the vitamin A and E and vitamin B2. The things that are light sensitive are the first to be destroyed, by even low dose x-ray or ultraviolet light, and these essential growth factors, regulatory factors, are destroyed in the bone because the x-ray penetrates well even into the bone." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
BTI: Do you think there are ways to prevent cancer, and if so, what would be the top four ways you would recommend?

RP:
John Gofman, who in the 1950s was the US Government’s leading propagandists for the safety of ionizing radiation, did a large study* in which he showed that medical radiation contributes to the majority of cancer and heart disease in the US. Several factors (including estrogen, unsaturated fats, and toxic metals) synergize with the carcinogenic effects of radiation, so besides avoiding medical radiation, it’s good to reduce the polyunsaturated fats in the diet, to reduce toxic chemicals and other stressors, and to eat a protective diet, emphasizing calcium, magnesium, the oily vitamins, and moderate amounts of the essential nutrients.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This was posted by David PS in another thread….

Attachments

• 24D120E5-DF22-4F9E-8C59-C6AAE584F37C.png
    24D120E5-DF22-4F9E-8C59-C6AAE584F37C.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
"Now, people who don’t want x-rays are treated as crackpots. Probably because of this cultural situation, Gofman’s recommendations are very mild--simply for doctors to use good technology and to know what they are doing, which could lead to ten-fold or even hundred-fold dose reduction. Even with such mild restraint in the use of diagnostic x-rays, Gofman’s well founded estimate is that 250,000 deaths caused by radiation could be prevented annually. I believe many more deaths would be prevented if ultrasound and MRI were used consistently instead of x-rays. Using Gofman’s estimate, I think we can blame at least ten million deaths on just the medical x-rays that have been used inappropriately because of the policies of the U.S. government in the last half century. That wouldn’t include the deaths caused by radioactive fallout from bomb tests and leaks from nuclear power plants, or the vast numbers of people mentally impaired by all sorts of toxic radiation." -Ray Peat

"According to CR investigators, here are some shocking statistics:

One CT scan can expose you to as much radiation as 200 chest X-rays.

Researchers estimate that at least 2% of all future cancers in the U.S.—approximately 29,000 cases per year—will stem from CT scans alone.

15,000 people are estimated to die each year because of cancers caused by the radiation in CT scans.

One CT scan of the abdomen or pelvis delivers more radiation than most residents of Fukushima, Japan absorbed after the nuclear power plant accident in 2011.

Almost 35% of imaging tests are ordered mainly as a defensive effort by doctors to avoid lawsuits, not because of true medical need, according to a study presented at the 2011 meeting of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.

Cancers from medical radiation can take anywhere from five to 60 years to develop, depending on age and lifestyle.

In a 2012 study of 67 medical providers, less than one-half of the clinicians caring for patients undergoing abdominal CT scans said they knew that the scans could cause cancer.

In another study, only 9% of 45 emergency-room physicians said they knew that CT scans increased cancer risk.

A 2013 Australian study comparing more than 680,000 people who had CT scans as children with 10 million who did not have a CT scan showed that the former had a 24% increased cancer risk, and each added scan boosted risk an additional 16%.

Children who had a CT scan before the age of five had a 35% increased cancer risk.

Researchers estimate that for every 1,000 children who have an abdominal CT scan, one will develop cancer as a result.

A 2012 study that looked at almost 180,000 British children linked CT scans to higher rates of leukemia and brain cancer.

Less than 10% of people surveyed said their doctor had warned them about radiation risks of medical imaging.

Almost as many people surveyed (17%) were very concerned about magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) –which doesn’t emit any radiation — as were concerned about CT scans (19%).

Reducing CT radiation doses could almost halve the number of future radiation-related cancers, according to a 2013 study in the journal JAMA Pediatrics."

Isn’t it interesting that the insurance companies won’t cover the huge amounts for MRI but they have no problem covering CT scans. We have good insurance yet we had to pay 1,000$ out pocket for an MRI, in addition.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Isn’t it interesting that the insurance companies won’t cover the huge amounts for MRI but they have no problem covering CT scans. We have good insurance yet we had to pay 1,000$ out pocket for an MRI, in addition.
That is interesting. The medical system has road blocks everywhere making it difficult for those who haven’t got a clue about health matter to be cautious about their health. Those people would rather close their eyes, fall backward and hope somebody catches them in exchange for money, and not always because they have no choice.

Last edited:
That is interesting. The medical system has road blocks everywhere making it difficult for those who haven’t got a clue about health matter to be cautious about their health. Those people would rather close their eyes, fall backward and hope somebody catches them in exchange for money, and not always because they have no choice.
Yes, I agree. The medical system is rigged imho. All designed to kill you…(depopulate you) slowly….and in many of the cases concerning the jabs, kill you instantly. Phamakeia actually means sorcery if you read the biblical text.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“PUFA and x-rays have many biological effects in common. They are immunosuppressive, but they produce their own inflammatory reactions, starting with increased permeability of capillaries, disturbed coagulation and proteolysis, and producing fibrosis and tumefaction or tissue atrophy. This isn't just a coincidence, since ionizing radiation attacks the highly unstable polyunsaturated molecules, simply accelerating processes that ordinarily happen more slowly as a result of stress and aging.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Poisons, such as estrogen, unsaturated fatty acids, or even radiation, produce different effects at different doses. Low doses typically stimulate cell division, larger doses produce changes of cell type and altered states of differentiation, and finally, adequate doses produce apoptotic cell death. There is a special ideology around apoptosis, which holds that it is "genetically programmed," implying that whenever it occurs in the brain, it was destined to happen sooner or later. But in fact, "growth factors" of various sorts can prevent it. It is increasingly clear that it represents excessive stress and deficient resources. The involvement of the genetic apparatus in differentiation and radical adaptation suggests that the (epigenetic) resources of cells are unlimited.

The changes that are known to be produced by the poisons that we are habitually exposed to are exactly the changes that occur in the aging brain. As I scan over hundreds of studies that define the effects of estrogen, unsaturated fats, excess iron, and lipid peroxidation, my argument seems commonplace, even trivial, except that I know that it clearly relates to therapies for most of the degenerative diseases, and that the great culture-machine is propagating a different view at several points that are essential for my argument.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This RP quote would suggest that meat eaters would incur more damage from x-rays and CAT scans than people who don’t eat meat…

“Although several amino acids can be acutely or chronically toxic, even lethal, when too much is eaten, tryptophan is the only amino acid that is also carcinogenic. (It can also produce a variety of toxic metabolites, and it is very susceptible to damage by radiation.) Since tryptophan is the precursor of serotonin, the amount of tryptophan in the diet can have important effects on the way the organism responds to stress, and the way it develops, adapts, and ages.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
After re-reading Ray Peat’s article today on Tryptophan, Seratonin & Aging and listening to the interview clip below, I have derived my first opinion on how to protect oneself from radiation. I would lower tryptophan sources and up gelatin sources. I don’t know that it works after the exposure though.

View: https://youtu.be/ebf0xbe47go

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In a world run by corporation executives, university presidents (“football is central to the university's mission”), congressmen, bankers, oilmen, and agency bureaucrats, people with the intelligence of an ant (a warm ant) might seem outlandishly intelligent. This is because the benighted self-interest of the self-appointed ruling class recognizes that objective reality is always a threat to their interests. If people, for example, realized that estrogen therapy and serotonin-active drugs and x-rays and nuclear power and atomic bomb tests were beneficial only to those whose wealth and power derive from them, the whole system would lose stability. Feigned stupidity becomes real stupidity.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Effect of radiographic abnormalities on rate of bone loss from the spine. Dawson-Hughes B, Dallal GE. “Spurious rates of loss of spine BMD are likely to be found in subjects with calcification of the aorta, osteophytes or other abnormalities in the spine scan field. This should be kept in mind when serial spine scans are being considered in these subjects.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“…chlorella is also proven to be beneficial in post-radiation and chemotherapy detoxification. The high levels of chlorophyll in chlorella have been shown to protect the body against ultraviolet radiation treatments while removing radioactive particles from the body.”

ilovethesea

Is a “CBCT scan” just as bad as a CT?

I assume so... dentist is requiring this for dental implants. I had two baby teeth removed that were sinking into the bone (ankylosis) and constantly getting cavities.

They’re lower teeth so the gaps are not visible but I understand if you don’t replace missing teeth you get bone atrophy? Is that still preferable to the risks from CT scan and implants?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Is a “CBCT scan” just as bad as a CT?

I assume so... dentist is requiring this for dental implants. I had two baby teeth removed that were sinking into the bone (ankylosis) and constantly getting cavities.

They’re lower teeth so the gaps are not visible but I understand if you don’t replace missing teeth you get bone atrophy? Is that still preferable to the risks from CT scan and implants?

Rinse & rePeat:

“…do you have information on CBCT scans vs CT scans, regarding radiation? I have looked on the internet and it is almost all dental or others promoting the CBCT scans that say they are “safe”. I am sure any amount of radiation is no good, but how much better are the new machines?”

RAY PEAT:

“For over 100 years dentsts have been saying that “radiation is safe."

Imaging Sci Dent. 2013 Jun; 43(2): 63–69.
Patient radiation dose and protection from cone-beam computed tomography
Gang Licorresponding author
• Compared with conventional dental radiography, the effective dose of CBCT is several to hundreds of times higher;”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals