If You've Had Cancer, What Do You Think Causes Cancer?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by GreenTrails, Oct 13, 2020.

1. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

Michael Mohn: Thank you for this information. I would never again supplement with estrogen. I agree. My doctor doesn't really have a lot of training about hormones.

2. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

Nicole W.: I agree with much of this, and "having the body and mind aligned and honoring the innate desires for delicious foods, sufficient rest and interesting play" would seem to me to certainly be an overarching tenant of good health." With me, I was born into a family that didn't have much delicious food or interesting play. Everything was deeply serious, especially food. My dad was very religious, and certain foods were considered "sinful" (like coffee, tea, alcohol, etc.). My dad didn't believe that meat was good, except maybe at Thanksgiving when we had a turkey or chicken, so we didn't eat meat. We were raised on grains, my mother's homemade wheat bread, beans and potatoes. Fortunately we had a dairy farm and got lots of Jersey milk, butter, eggs, and an occasional chicken (yum). But there was a very serious attitude towards food. It seems to me that the way we are raised just stays with us throughout life no matter what we do. You are fortunate to be from a family who was more relaxed about it all. Thanks for sharing.

3. Nicole W.

Nicole W. Member

It sounds like your early life experiences might have inflicted long standing emotional trauma and nutritional deficiencies that may have later contributed to your diagnosis. But that’s water under the bridge. Everyday is a new day and a new opportunities for healing. I would give yourself permission to have enjoyable experiences of all kinds rather than doubling down on stringent diets or health practices in an effort to “control” the cancer. If there was ever a time to enjoy food, friends, sleep, sex or pursuing new interests I think that time would be now. I think this would be supportive of your immune system.

4. Ledo

Ledo Member

How about just saying psychological trauma leading to unrelenting stress in the form of guilt, loss...

5. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

Thank you, Nicole W.

6. LucyL

LucyL Member

When I was doing the Care Oncology protocal, my PCP has similar reactions to the medications, but when I told him the Care Oncology providers were "legit" oncologists, he perked up and got interested.

7. LucyL

LucyL Member

Were you Seventh Day Adventist? just curious.

8. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

LucyL.: No

9. Doublecapricorn

Doublecapricorn Member

10. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

Doublecapricorn: I take Lugol's Iodine, a couple of drops a week. I do not consume a lot of dairy, just some half and half in my coffee. I do eat liver a couple of times a week; I started doing that recently. The past few years, I did not consume liver, nor did I consume much dairy at all. I've used Lugol's Iodine off and on for a few years.

11. Tink

Tink Member

12. CLASH

CLASH Member

@LucyL
    Whats the proposed mechanism of benefit for the use of metformin and atorvastatin for cancer? Thier main drug mechanisms, would seem to actually support cancer directly. Febendazole and the tetracycline class antibiotics actually make sense to some degree as chemotherepeutics.

13. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

I'd like to hear more on this.

14. LucyL

LucyL Member

I think they are looking for metabolic effects - with Metformin, stabilizing blood sugar, and the statin, anti-inflammatory. You can read their defenses here - The COC Protocol™ in Breast Cancer - Care Oncology US They also site studies allegedly showing direct impacts on cancer cells, I haven't read all of those studies.

15. OP
    GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

Thanks for sending that. I did read it.