If You've Had Cancer, What Do You Think Causes Cancer?

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Be careful with Dhea, in a stressed organism and in females Dhea converts easily into estrogen. First step would be progesterone, vitamin E, maybe pregnenolone. Carrot salad and mushroom are simple methods to lower estrogen. Aspirin and caffeine are strongly anti carcinogenic. Don't trust you doc too much, he doesn't suffer from his advice. Supplementing estrogen is a big NO! Your doc might be confused about natural progesterone because progestins, synthetic progesterone derivatives which are actually estrogenic, are lumped together with natural (bio identical) progesterone.

Michael Mohn: Thank you for this information. I would never again supplement with estrogen. I agree. My doctor doesn't really have a lot of training about hormones.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

I think being “health conscious” can actually cause cancer. Being health conscious facilitates an ongoing cycle of denial in ourselves. When someone is trying to live their “best life” however they define it, they break down behaviors, food choices, exercise, even thoughts into good vs. bad. In Peat world, milk is good!... and salmon is bad. Fruit is good... nuts are bad. Beans and starch are bad, etc.. So we avoid those foods because: Health. Duh. But what if, one day, you feel like having those verboten foods? Or what if you’re hungry and just want to eat more than is, um, required? Would you give in to your desire or talk yourself out of it? Would you trust your body to make the decision for you or would you override and say: Oh no, I shouldn’t, my body is telling me that this sounds good, and I want it but,... no I shouldn’t...I don’t want to get sick.

How many times can you override your body’s signals and still be well, though? Isn’t that damaging in itself?

The reality is that when a person subscribes to a certain health philosophy they derail their internal regulatory system that is informed by their innate desires. Our sense of sight, smell, taste and touch facilitate these desires. What sounds good? What feels good? What looks good? What smells good? How many times has one of us thought, gosh, I’d really love some peanut butter right now.... on TOAST....but ah, no... starch and PUFAS. Or fries with my burger sound awesome, but no, I will never eat those again! Really missing fried chicken, but that’s a thing of the past! The oil, the skin, the arsenic ... no way! I mean, it goes on and on. When our body is telling us it wants something and we are constantly overriding that system, that has to be a form of self-harm and stress. It’s also self-harm to force ourselves to eat things that don’t appeal in the name of health or nutrition etc.. As an example, I eat liver a lot more frequently than I ever did before encountering Peat and its not because I suddenly started craving liver, or coconut oil or broth made with mustard greens. Ha.
I’m seriously starting to wonder why I am doing this.

I’m not trying to promote free-for-all hedonism here, but today’s society seems to be hell bent on coming up with creative ways to deny ourselves the things our bodies really want or forcing us to eat or do things our bodies don’t want. Keto, Paleo, Low Carb, High Carb, Veganism, Cross Fit, marathons, hot yoga etc... none of these diets/activities done in the name of health can possibly honor the diverse and complex desires of one human body. But if a person succeeds in doing it correctly, by denying themselves consistently, staying thin and fit and all that, then they get a societal badge of honor. You’re healthy! You’re beautiful! You made it!
But are you really healthy?

In my limited experience on this earth I have found that bodies like to eat, sleep, play, relax, do interesting things AND be given complete permission to do so. People who consistently refuse to give their bodies the things they really want create destructive emotions that can develop into pathological mechanisms.

A long time ago, when my first baby was born I heard about an experiment where toddlers were given license to eat whatever they wanted for 30 days from a buffet style table of various foods and beverages. It was all there in terms of foods, not just ones traditionally perceived as healthy. Their nutrition was tracked as they consumed the various foods they chose to eat and the researchers concluded that they had satisfied their nutritional requirements perfectly. If 2 and 3 year olds can manage this just by honoring their desires, without guilt or reservation, is there a reason why can not do the same? It would require setting aside all the science, all the advice, all the caveats and all the unrealistic expectations.... and just trust our internal guidance system despite the fact that it might run counter to all the ideas we’ve been taught.

Just an anecdote: for whatever reason, good health and longevity run in my family. I have had several members live to be over 100, and not because they were particularly careful in life. We have our fair share of smokers, alcoholics, addicts and generally health-UNconcerned people. Everyone loves to eat in my family. Most of them honored their hunger cues and beyond that didn’t give a f**k, about what was considered healthy or prescribed or whatever was popular at any given point in time. They certainly weren’t consumed with trying to be healthy, they just listened to their bodies. Lived their lives. I’m wondering if this is the overarching tenant of good health. Just having the the body and mind aligned and honoring the innate desires for delicious foods, sufficient rest and interesting play. Is this the forest we’ve been missing for the trees?

Nicole W.: I agree with much of this, and "having the body and mind aligned and honoring the innate desires for delicious foods, sufficient rest and interesting play" would seem to me to certainly be an overarching tenant of good health." With me, I was born into a family that didn't have much delicious food or interesting play. Everything was deeply serious, especially food. My dad was very religious, and certain foods were considered "sinful" (like coffee, tea, alcohol, etc.). My dad didn't believe that meat was good, except maybe at Thanksgiving when we had a turkey or chicken, so we didn't eat meat. We were raised on grains, my mother's homemade wheat bread, beans and potatoes. Fortunately we had a dairy farm and got lots of Jersey milk, butter, eggs, and an occasional chicken (yum). But there was a very serious attitude towards food. It seems to me that the way we are raised just stays with us throughout life no matter what we do. You are fortunate to be from a family who was more relaxed about it all. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole W.

Nicole W.: I agree with much of this, and "having the body and mind aligned and honoring the innate desires for delicious foods, sufficient rest and interesting play" would seem to me to certainly be an overarching tenant of good health." With me, I was born into a family that didn't have much delicious food or interesting play. Everything was deeply serious, especially food. My dad was very religious, and certain foods were considered "sinful" (like coffee, tea, alcohol, etc.). My dad didn't believe that meat was good, except maybe at Thanksgiving when we had a turkey or chicken, so we didn't eat meat. We were raised on grains, my mother's homemade wheat bread, beans and potatoes. Fortunately we had a dairy farm and got lots of Jersey milk, butter, eggs, and an occasional chicken (yum). But there was a very serious attitude towards food. It seems to me that the way we are raised just stays with us throughout life no matter what we do. You are fortunate to be from a family who was more relaxed about it all. Thanks for sharing.
It sounds like your early life experiences might have inflicted long standing emotional trauma and nutritional deficiencies that may have later contributed to your diagnosis. But that’s water under the bridge. Everyday is a new day and a new opportunities for healing. I would give yourself permission to have enjoyable experiences of all kinds rather than doubling down on stringent diets or health practices in an effort to “control” the cancer. If there was ever a time to enjoy food, friends, sleep, sex or pursuing new interests I think that time would be now. I think this would be supportive of your immune system.

Ledo

Unfortunately, abortion is one of those things that will never be properly studied, because of politics. If you think about hormone buildup during a pregnancy, and then a sudden, unnatural cessation of those hormones (progesterone etc), how does that affect the body? What kind of response mechanism does that generate? Does the body go into fight mode, thinking it's under attack? All aside from the external influence of the drugs. In a miscarriage, the process is much more gradual, I think the body figures things out a little better because it has time. Still, even a miscarriage is not a zero-sum game, because *something* went wrong there too.

Then there is the mental side of the equation. The female body and mind are uniquely created to cherish and nurture the life it is incubating. Purposely stopping that, even if the individual thinks she is ok with it, is unnatural - so you have the issue of the abrupt cessation, as well as the artificial thought that seems to suppress basic nature/nurture instincts. Again, contrasting with a miscarriage, there is usually a more healthy grieving process.
How about just saying psychological trauma leading to unrelenting stress in the form of guilt, loss...

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

It sounds like your early life experiences might have inflicted long standing emotional trauma and nutritional deficiencies that may have later contributed to your diagnosis. But that’s water under the bridge. Everyday is a new day and a new opportunities for healing. I would give yourself permission to have enjoyable experiences of all kinds rather than doubling down on stringent diets or health practices in an effort to “control” the cancer. If there was ever a time to enjoy food, friends, sleep, sex or pursuing new interests I think that time would be now. I think this would be supportive of your immune system.
Thank you, Nicole W.

LucyL

LucyL: Thank you. I asked my PCP about Doxycycline for cancer, and he looked at me and said, "It's an antibiotic." That was all he said. I asked about parasite medications, and he didn't say anything.
When I was doing the Care Oncology protocal, my PCP has similar reactions to the medications, but when I told him the Care Oncology providers were "legit" oncologists, he perked up and got interested.

LucyL

Were you Seventh Day Adventist? just curious.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Do you consume a lot of dairy and high Vitamin A containing foods? This is very controversial on this site but here's what I think the cause is. Also, lack of iodine. https://ggenereux.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/BreastCancer.pdf
Doublecapricorn: I take Lugol's Iodine, a couple of drops a week. I do not consume a lot of dairy, just some half and half in my coffee. I do eat liver a couple of times a week; I started doing that recently. The past few years, I did not consume liver, nor did I consume much dairy at all. I've used Lugol's Iodine off and on for a few years.

CLASH

@LucyL
Whats the proposed mechanism of benefit for the use of metformin and atorvastatin for cancer? Thier main drug mechanisms, would seem to actually support cancer directly. Febendazole and the tetracycline class antibiotics actually make sense to some degree as chemotherepeutics.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

@LucyL
Whats the proposed mechanism of benefit for the use of metformin and atorvastatin for cancer? Thier main drug mechanisms, would seem to actually support cancer directly. Febendazole and the tetracycline class antibiotics actually make sense to some degree as chemotherepeutics.
I'd like to hear more on this.

LucyL

@LucyL
I think they are looking for metabolic effects - with Metformin, stabilizing blood sugar, and the statin, anti-inflammatory. You can read their defenses here - The COC Protocol™ in Breast Cancer - Care Oncology US They also site studies allegedly showing direct impacts on cancer cells, I haven't read all of those studies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals