*in Your Experience*, How Terrible Are X-rays/ct Scans?

milk

We all know Peat frowns upon x-rays and with good scientific reason. But how bad are they in your experience? I don't doubt they are as bad as Peat says, but I'd like to know more specifically what I am to expect after subjecting myself to it.

I do need to take the CT scan. It would help me a great deal with some of my issues. I've been putting it off.

My main worry is I'll get hypothyroid and start losing a lot of hair. I've been peating for 4 years, since I began losing hair, and so far I still have a presenteable Norwood 2.

I'll do the sunlight, aspirin, niacinamide protocol and all that. But still. How safe am I? Has anyone here had a CT scan and recovered alright?

800mRepeats

I have never had any noticeable effects from x-ray exposure - and I've had many x-rays and several (6?) CT scans - which is not to say that I haven't been affected by it.

OP
M

milk

I have never had any noticeable effects from x-ray exposure - and I've had many x-rays and several (6?) CT scans - which is not to say that I haven't been affected by it.

I see. That's good.

Although a ct scan is an "x-ray on steroids", as haidut put it. I think a thousand times the radiation of a normal x-ray? Oh man.

jaakkima

I would be curious what types of CT scans people have gotten, hence the dose. I keep having crises and being forced into emergency abdominal and chest CT scans which are the highest dosages by far. I have had 8 of those types in the last 3 years, might be 9 soon... Talking like 80 mSv officially but who knows how much given operator variability. Need to stop this madness and there's no way for me to know how much they're contributing to illness.