Is This Guy Right?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Basically what he is saying is that heart attacks are caused by parasympathetic nervous system failure, which is caused by sympathetic nervous system failure, which is caused by misalignments in the spinal cord, damaged nerves, bad posture, emotional stress, and biochemical stress. Hypertension is not a disease, or the bad boogeyman it's been made out to be, but rather a compensation of the body for something that is wrong, like the aforementioned reasons, or because of a general reason like working out, etcetera. He also states that aspirin is toxic, and potentially deadly. This guy is a chiropractor, among others AFAIK.

Now I can follow his logic quite well, but what I am missing in his story is the importance of the essential minerals for hypertension, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and I even find his logic to be conflicting with the ''dietary deficiency theory'' that a dietary deficiency in one of these 3 minerals could cause hypertension. Because according to him, artificially lowering the blood pressure of a person with hypertension is bad for that person's health. Wether it's a synthetic drug lowering the blood pressure, or an herb, or in my case a mineral, it's a bad thing to do nonetheless and I find this quite confusing. Because according to him the blood pressure is adaptive and the body lowers and raises it to perform a certain task.

If giving a person dietary potassium, calcium and magnesium within the RDA parameters to succesfully lower that person's blood pressure to healthy levels, are you doing something wrong? Are you forcing something that is not supposed to happen? According to the seminar above you would.

Any opinions would be gladly appreciated, because I am having success treating my mother with her chronic hypertension, lowering it with the Peat minerals and I don't want to do something wrong that is bad for her health.

Thank you! :):

Edit: The things I just mentioned that outline his theories are outlined more in the video below, in which he also speaks:

Last edited:

Diokine

I think that understanding heart disease is probably best understood in a paradigm similar to this - failure of the regulatory activities of the autonomic nervous system. Vascular spasm, responsible for a "heart attack," could be understood through failure of the parasympathetic system and adrenergic/cholinergic endothelial maintenance. Chronic sympathetic nervous activation due to perceived or realized stress is one way to examine the cause of disease, and high blood pressure is often a result of this. This will involve the cholinergic system, as the body tries to maintain appropriate nervous rhythm for life without the direction of consciously integrated metabolic patterns dictated by our brain. The nerves and tissue enter a sort of "holding pattern" or "autopilot," and severe reductions in nervous sensitivity are seen.

I agree that high blood pressure is not nearly as big of a problem as western medicine makes it out to be, but I'm not so sure about being wary of minerals to help treat it. Maybe if you're using them outside of physiological ranges, but in general I think they would be supportive.

I think the spinal manipulation and postural correction is going to be very good therapy, and I would tell your mom to really focus on the sensations involved during sessions. Tone in the diaphragm and sensations in the solar plexus are associated with sympathetic nervous tone and can give you a decent look at the state of your nervous system.

Have you looked at vitamin E? It is very important for regulating autonomic balance.

Vitamin E can reduce blood pressure in mild hypertensives.

Hypothyroidism is often a common cause of hypertension, as well as vitamin D deficiency.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I think that understanding heart disease is probably best understood in a paradigm similar to this - failure of the regulatory activities of the autonomic nervous system. Vascular spasm, responsible for a "heart attack," could be understood through failure of the parasympathetic system and adrenergic/cholinergic endothelial maintenance. Chronic sympathetic nervous activation due to perceived or realized stress is one way to examine the cause of disease, and high blood pressure is often a result of this. This will involve the cholinergic system, as the body tries to maintain appropriate nervous rhythm for life without the direction of consciously integrated metabolic patterns dictated by our brain. The nerves and tissue enter a sort of "holding pattern" or "autopilot," and severe reductions in nervous sensitivity are seen.

I agree that high blood pressure is not nearly as big of a problem as western medicine makes it out to be, but I'm not so sure about being wary of minerals to help treat it. Maybe if you're using them outside of physiological ranges, but in general I think they would be supportive.

I think the spinal manipulation and postural correction is going to be very good therapy, and I would tell your mom to really focus on the sensations involved during sessions. Tone in the diaphragm and sensations in the solar plexus are associated with sympathetic nervous tone and can give you a decent look at the state of your nervous system.

Have you looked at vitamin E? It is very important for regulating autonomic balance.

Vitamin E can reduce blood pressure in mild hypertensives.

Hypothyroidism is often a common cause of hypertension, as well as vitamin D deficiency.

Thank you for your reply. I have read that vitamin E study before, but the problem is I could only find a vitamin E 200 IU supplement that was manufactured with PUFA by Solgar and I am not sure wether or not this weighs against the pros of vitamin E. It's this vitamin E Solgar, Natural Vitamin E, 200 IU, d-Alpha Tocopherol & Mixed Tocopherols, 100 Softgels What do you think? Does the vitami E benefits outweigh the presence of PUFA? Also I have read that vitamin E should be started low and then slowly build up in dose over time.. Is this also recommended?

We add her minerals to her diet, currently taking a pinch of potassium chloride in water during meals, magnesium bisglycinate in water on an empty stomach and eggshell calcium during meals on a spoon or in her coffee.

My mom had a blood test for hypothyroidism but her ranges were fine, is this an indicator of no hypothyroidism being present? I have once heard Dr. Peat say that the parameters of the blood tests for hypothyroidism are not accurate. What is the recommendation for vitamin D IU intake in a possible deficiency?

I think I will recommend her a chiropractor.

Thank you. :):

tara

I'm no expert, so not advising, but seems reasonable to ensure that mineral and other nutritional needs are being met (as Diokine said, within physiological amounts), as well as to see if unhelpful postural and other stresses and imbalances can be reduced.

My mom had a blood test for hypothyroidism but her ranges were fine, is this an indicator of no hypothyroidism being present? I have once heard Dr. Peat say that the parameters of the blood tests for hypothyroidism are not accurate.
Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone. [note that this links to one about thyroid, not progesterone]
Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I'm no expert, so not advising, but seems reasonable to ensure that mineral and other nutritional needs are being met (as Diokine said, within physiological amounts), as well as to see if unhelpful postural and other stresses and imbalances can be reduced.

Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone. [note that this links to one about thyroid, not progesterone]
Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud
Thank you! I will definitely check out these sources and keep you up to date.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals