Bald Guy Regrows Hair With Birth Control Pills

Pablo Cruise

Minoxidil is used or was used as a last resort for uncontrolled hypertension. Tamponade, rebound HTN and other SEs. People worry about it because in higher doses there can be issues with side effects. Those SEs are very sourcable, my new word, available from many sources. When taken in low doses, say for example, do your own research, 1.25mg daily for 2-3 weeks then increasing to 2.5mg daily that dose not seem to cause but minor effects on BP from what I read and better results of hair growth vs topical formulations. Estradiol blogger says the forehead has shown good results with oral Minoxidil. I don't remember the MOA of Minoxidil except the basic principle that NO is released to dilate the vascular via potassium channel modulation.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

mrchibbs

Did you try NDT?

T3 and T4 doing nothing for me.

I think NDT is better, but I use synthetic myself, because it’s what I have, it took me a long time to get it to work. (I had to split the doses and take it often throughout the day)

Pablo Cruise

Counterpoint:

Among all the genetic findings for common illnesses, such as heart disease, cancer and mental illnesses, only a handful are of genuine significance for human health. Faulty genes rarely cause, or even mildly predispose us, to disease, and as a consequence the science of human genetics is in deep crisis.

Genetics explain a tiny fraction of disease In most cases, your genes have less than five percent to do with your risk of developing a particular disease, according to new research by University of Alberta scientists.

Recent advances in transgenerational epigenetics, show that it may even be more trivial than 5%. The entire perspective of genetic origins of disease has crumbled from the dogma of the 20th century. There is absolutely no "hair loss" gene, the entire theory of MPB is bogus, especially since babies of both sexes will often lose hair exactly in the MPB shape from the stress of being born and elevated prolactin.

So, if your daddy has no hair and you have no hair that is environmental? When I do a genetic test they come back and say your genes suggest you will not have hair or you will have a tendency (don't pick my words apart) to go bald....not genetics when they say I have a very high odds of having hypertension and I do, my mother did that is not genes?

While I love theorizing I am lost with your theory. Frankly, unless I am missing something in your argument I could not disagree more.

Pablo Cruise

There is something well accepted called structural activity relationship. It means as you might guess, it the structure is similar the activity of the molecule will be similar. It does not always hold so let's move on: you both are right.

mrchibbs

So, if your daddy has no hair and you have no hair that is environmental? When I do a genetic test they come back and say your genes suggest you will not have hair or you will have a tendency (don't pick my words apart) to go bald....not genetics when they say I have a very high odds of having hypertension and I do, my mother did that is not genes?

While I love theorizing I am lost with your theory. Frankly, unless I am missing something in your argument I could not disagree more.

Heredity is not genetics. I think the genetics tests are horseshit (i.e. show me where they found a gene that causes hair loss) That is not what explains the tendency for baldness within families. I am very close to finishing an article about this, hopefully you will want to read it. Otherwise I have other posts on this topic in related baldness threads on this site.

Murtaza

I think NDT is better, but I use synthetic myself, because it’s what I have, it took me a long time to get it to work. (I had to split the doses and take it often throughout the day)
how oftenly do you take thyroid and what doses?

mrchibbs

how oftenly do you take thyroid and what doses?

I cut the cynoplus tablets in 8ths and take one every 4hours or so, with a little extra cynomel in between when I can (just nibbling).

JDreamer

But beyond that, people need to dig deep to figure out the reasons why their thyroid is so low (you're absolutely right, its being downregulated for a reason, I think it's to conserve resources during stress, hence why serotonin shoots upwards in the opposite direction). Clearly the problem is if you're losing your hair as a young man, you're probably fighting against transgenerational effects, not merely what happened within your own lifetime, which is quite a daunting task.

Circled back on this comment ........

The relationship between my mother and father has always been bad. I have no doubt in my mind my mother was stressed out when pregnant with me. I had a really bad bout of mono from the Epstein-Barr virus back in 1999 during college and it still shows up in blood panels, but has been an after-thought to any GP I've seen. Not long after that a doctor told me I had Gilbert's Syndrome, which supposedly is some benign condition of the liver outside of elevated bilrubin. In 2005 I was up in Seattle for a month when I developed an infection in my mouth that left me sickest I've ever felt. I stubbornly kept trying to work thru it until eventually I checked myself into a local hospital. I was prescribed Penicillin 500V for 3 weeks and it eventually went away - but it's my belief it had gone systemic at some point. My health was never the same. Work/life in general have also been one stressor after another for 15 years.

Maybe it's all of those things or maybe it's just one - I'm not sure. But I'm pretty certain what ails my thyroid is in there and has formed an endless loop. TSH levels have routinely shown up 2.4 to 3.6. Another notable is my former GP prescribed me Levothyroxine back in 2007 and strangely decided to take me off it after two weeks.

JDreamer

But beyond that, people need to dig deep to figure out the reasons why their thyroid is so low (you're absolutely right, its being downregulated for a reason, I think it's to conserve resources during stress, hence why serotonin shoots upwards in the opposite direction). Clearly the problem is if you're losing your hair as a young man, you're probably fighting against transgenerational effects, not merely what happened within your own lifetime, which is quite a daunting task.

Circled back on this comment ........

The relationship between my mother and father has always been bad. I have no doubt in my mind my mother was stressed out when pregnant with me. I had a really bad bout of mono from the Epstein-Barr virus back in 1999 during college and it still shows up in blood panels, but has been an after-thought to any GP I've seen. Not long after that a doctor told me I had Gilbert's Syndrome, which supposedly is some benign condition of the liver outside of elevated bilrubin. In 2005 I was up in Seattle for a month when I developed an infection in my mouth that left me sickest I've ever felt. I stubbornly kept trying to work thru it until eventually I checked myself into a local hospital. I was prescribed Penicillin 500V for 3 weeks and it eventually went away - but it's my belief it had gone systemic at some point. My health was never the same. Work/life in general have also been one stressor after another for 15 years.

Maybe it's all of those things or maybe it's just one - I'm not sure. But I'm pretty certain what ails my thyroid is in there and has formed an endless loop. TSH levels have routinely shown up 2.4 to 3.6. Another notable is my former GP prescribed me Levothyroxine back in 2007 and strangely decided to take me off it after two weeks.

Rogerd

His crown is thinng. But I think he can use dermaroller and taurine.

Since crown thinning associated with hypertension.

Keep in mind that this used nothing but birth control pills and progestins. So he can easily improve with safe ways like taurine, caffeine, microneedling, bromocriptine..

Would you need some topical taurine for this? Or would the supplement work ok?

JDreamer

If the thyroid works well, the adrenals will have very little to do.

My infared thermometer just arrived. It's about noon and I just took the following temps:

Under-arms: 97.5
Hands: 92.1
Feet: 88.7
Forehead: 94.6
Scalp: 91.4
Under Tongue: 96.3

Will be curious what these look like at night and again upon waking.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

My infared thermometer just arrived. It's about noon and I just took the following temps:

Under-arms: 97.5
Hands: 92.1
Feet: 88.7
Forehead: 94.6
Scalp: 91.4
Under Tongue: 96.3

Will be curious what these look like at night and again upon waking.

Better get that google sheet going, and get on with tracking!

Ableton

DHT Decreases Adrenal Androgens

I still support the adrenal androgen theory. I think this explains why some men with extreme androgenic features never lose their hair.

Their DHT is high and adrenals are calm.
Indeed. I can walk the streets the whole day without ever seeing a caucasian one though.
Most white males with good hair are obviously not very androgenic in their hormonal profile

Pablo Cruise

In my unscientific opinion, I agree. My best friend had baby fine hair til he was about 30 then it started going thicker and coarse hair. I began to detest him. He, his brother have this estrogenic look in terms of facial skin, plump and not much facial hair. That does not explain it all but the hormone balance and SGBH have to be studied....I told my friend we are taking him for have his genes tested...haha. Hope my useless story helps.

JDreamer

Better get that google sheet going, and get on with tracking!

No doubt.

Today's underarm temp upon rising was 95.3 and under the tongue was 94.7. Mind you my room was not cold - the AC was off and the house was at 81 degrees.

My feet right now are freezing and came out to 81 degrees. I haven't eaten yet and I've read that blood sugar issues can also impact temperatures in the hands/feet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom