Is It Harder For A Guy To Get A Girlfriend Then A Girl To Get A Boyfriend?

TreasureVibe

Our society reaches a certain point where wealth and harmony is so in abundance, that the following step on improving the society would be PC, or political correctness, when people communicate. PC sadly stands in conflict with male features like bluntness, saying it like it is and displays of masculinity.

That is basically "the problem" in a nutshell which some men get.

And an unconscious religious mind inherited from previous generations, in combination with a free sex society, as well.

The more anti-Christian society gets, the more men will find themselves uncomfortable, as their subconciousness is laced with christian values. These values are good, because these values made it possible for society to get to such a high level in the first place.

Badger

Talking about Christianity, some of the women in the pictures of article I shared look demonic or borderline. Implying, for those who have a more theological cast of mind, the primary source of ID politics feminism and cultural marxism. The Sufis like to quote a hadith that states, "God is beautiful and loves beauty." I'd paraphrase that as: "Satan is ugly and loves ugliness."

Our society reaches a certain point where wealth and harmony is so in abundance, that the following step on improving the society would be PC, or political correctness, when people communicate. PC sadly stands in conflict with male features like bluntness, saying it like it is and displays of masculinity.

And an unconscious religious mind inherited from previous generations, in combination with a free sex society, as well.

The more anti-Christian society gets, the more men will find themselves uncomfortable, as their subconciousness is laced with christian values. These values are good, because these values made it possible for society to get to such a high level in the first place.

Badger

I like especially her statement on western men finding Asian women to be "calmer" and more spiritual than western women:
A woman's view as to why men are deserting Western women for Asian women

LUH 3417

Being blunt is not a male characteristic. Ray Peat himself stated that men and women of intelligence contain both masculine and feminine qualities and attribtes greater creativity to their expressed “androgyny”.
“Undoubtedly culture exaggerates some biological differences, but it seems to erect barriers to the kind of interaction that leads to dreaming discovery. Change and adventure are important for the energy system, and the present authoritarian system is opposed to fundamental change.
In terms of hemispheric balance, girls depart less radically from bilateral symmetry, and reach a mature stability somewhat earlier. This is consistent with their characteristic ‘global’ consciousness, as opposed to the males analytic style; culture is definitely a factor in shaping these styles, but the larger brain/body weight ratio of the female is likely to be involved - that is, more brain would tend to achieve better balance. At first, this feminine brain superiority, if we generalize from the general mammalian meaning of the brain/body weight ratio, seems to be a put down of men. However, the view I am proposing attributes some virtue to the masculine imbalance itself. When I notice a similarity of feeling between excited, dreaming, tottering mental exploration, and the plain hungry low-blood sugar state, I realized that a certain kind of alertness is like falling away from old habits. In this view, masculine consciousness would be characterized as impatiently stumbling along into new territory, while the female provides the understanding necessary for steering an intelligent course. More creative individuals of either sex probably experience both of these tendencies, cyclically, to a greater degree, than does an individual who remains deeply imbedded in the culture, but real mental intercourse between the sexes seems to offer the greatest opportunity for creativity.”

LUH 3417

I like especially her statement on western men finding Asian women to be "calmer" and more spiritual than western women:
A woman's view as to why men are deserting Western women for Asian women

I wonder what costs a man more, a feminist or an Asian mail order bride.

opethfeldt

Women will always have it easier. They are the "buyers" while men are the sellers. Because of this, women have the luxury of choosing the top 25 percent of males, assuming they are of sufficient SMV. Even low SMV women have an easy time getting men above them in looks/status simply because of the proliferation of online dating, where thousands upon thousands of men are available to view with a few clicks/taps.

LUH 3417

Women will always have it easier. They are the "buyers" while men are the sellers. Because of this, women have the luxury of choosing the top 25 percent of males, assuming they are of sufficient SMV. Even low SMV women have an easy time getting men above them in looks/status simply because of the proliferation of online dating, where thousands upon thousands of men are available to view with a few clicks/taps.
That’s only applicable when approaching male and female interaction as an economic exchange of a scarce resource such as fertility. There is much more dynamism to relationships than mere economic principles.

opethfeldt

That’s only applicable when approaching male and female interaction as an economic exchange of a scarce resource such as fertility. There is much more dynamism to relationships than mere economic principles.
Could you elaborate more? I'm curious.

LUH 3417

Could you elaborate more? I'm curious.
If a relationship were only a way to buy futures in fertility then no one would ever have grown as a human being in their capacity to think, feel, or perceive high levels of experience. Poetry, music, art etc. doesn’t exist because people have humped and made kids based on economic decisions. there is so much more to a sexual exchange than mere economics. I think relationships are fertile ground for individual growth and they don’t have to entail reproduction or ensuring one another with a sense of security. The typical exchange/payoff in the cultural model we all receive is I give you a kid, you give me a house and feed me. That’s a very scarce and poor portrayal of what it actually means to be engaged with life, with oneself, with another human being.

opethfeldt

If a relationship were only a way to buy futures in fertility then no one would ever have grown as a human being in their capacity to think, feel, or perceive high levels of experience. Poetry, music, art etc. doesn’t exist because people have humped and made kids based on economic decisions. there is so much more to a sexual exchange than mere economics. I think relationships are fertile ground for individual growth and they don’t have to entail reproduction or ensuring one another with a sense of security. The typical exchange/payoff in the cultural model we all receive is I give you a kid, you give me a house and feed me. That’s a very scarce and poor portrayal of what it actually means to be engaged with life, with oneself, with another human being.
I think you underestimate the power of human instincts, but we'll agree to disagree.

opethfeldt

I don’t underestimate them. I just understand that we are instinct plus else.
Ask a woman what kind of man she'd like and most likely she'll tell you she wants someone "nice" and "compassionate" and any number of other adjectives we ascribe to good people. The reality is, she never actually finds that man attractive in the real world. The rational mind and human instincts are often not in alignment. This is something most people don't understand when they ask "why do women date a**holes". The fact is, they don't actually like them rationally, their instincts simply drive them towards those men because they will ensure the survival of the species. There are probably exceptions to this general rule, as there always are, but the fact remains that this is how it works more often than not.

Badger

That's easy to answer: feminists (native-born US). Many more fat feminists that Asian women, who are slim in much greater numbers than fat feminists. Fatties eat more than Asian women, hence it costs more for a man to feed the fatties.

I wonder what costs a man more, a feminist or an Asian mail order bride.

LUH 3417

Ask a woman what kind of man she'd like and most likely she'll tell you she wants someone "nice" and "compassionate" and any number of other adjectives we ascribe to good people. The reality is, she never actually finds that man attractive in the real world. The rational mind and human instincts are often not in alignment. This is something most people don't understand when they ask "why do women date a**holes". The fact is, they don't actually like them rationally, their instincts simply drive them towards those men because they will ensure the survival of the species. There are probably exceptions to this general rule, as there always are, but the fact remains that this is how it works more often than not.
I guess, but the exceptions make the rules null too. I’m just trying to break through the barriers of my own experience and I don’t think being with someone who is just nice or compassionate necessarily helps someone break through their own walls. There is a time for compassion and there is a time for unfiltered self expression. It may be comfortable and safe and complacent to be with someone who is always nice or always yielding but I am much more attracted to a sense of adventure and discovery. In an ideal world a relationship is something like a welcomed challenge where both people are afforded an opportunity to recreate themselves and their realities. All those qualities exist because of a Judeo Christian sense of goodness and self sacrifice but they don’t necessarily lead to long term happiness or human development.

Badger

Well stated, but it's very good that you mention exceptions, which are in the minority (though the size of it relative to the more typical part of the female population is anybody's guess.) I'd like to think that more evolved, hence more rational, women have figured out how to mediate/reconcile between the rational and what you call the instinctive when they choose men to be with. but that could be an illusion. Pinacolada/serpahim's comments about growth in relationships has much value and merit, but that's a much more evolved and spiritual POV - the higher up on the levels of Maslow's hierarchy, the fewer the inhabitants of that level.

What always puzzles me is why so few women seem even to be aware of the rational/instinctive dichotomy and the struggles and ambiguities this involves in choosing men. Maybe they do, but very few talk about it. Most of the time, they pay lip service to the principled position with cliches about wanting "nice" guys, but at the end of the day, it's obvious they only tingle for the bad boys.

Badger

"In an ideal world a relationship is something like a welcomed challenge where both people are afforded an opportunity to recreate themselves and their realities. All those qualities exist because of a Judeo Christian sense of goodness and self sacrifice but they don’t necessarily lead to long term happiness or human development." Very well stated.

I guess, but the exceptions make the rules null too. I’m just trying to break through the barriers of my own experience and I don’t think being with someone who is just nice or compassionate necessarily helps someone break through their own walls. There is a time for compassion and there is a time for unfiltered self expression. It may be comfortable and safe and complacent to be with someone who is always nice or always yielding but I am much more attracted to a sense of adventure and discovery. In an ideal world a relationship is something like a welcomed challenge where both people are afforded an opportunity to recreate themselves and their realities. All those qualities exist because of a Judeo Christian sense of goodness and self sacrifice but they don’t necessarily lead to long term happiness or human development.

in my opinion, most people follow stupid sexual programming without introspection, which is how they live the other parts of their life.

If they understand programming, it becomes an entirely different world.

Women's sexual market value is very high but declines quickly into their 30s, and men's increases with longer life. That is true and will always be true. However, once women are out of their early to mid 20s, it can be very difficult because indeed "all the good men are taken".

And today most young men are directionless and economically falling further behind, so the choice of men is very poor for most women in their 20s if they look at men their age or a little older.

Amazoniac

Futile post ahead.

I was doing the thinkings as to why high-angle self pics are so common among women. Points:
- submissive, perhaps some of them to the point of insinuating oral sex; if you start paying attention, it isn't uncommon to find guys attempting the opposite
- lighting: since illumination in most places is above the head, it would make sense to turn the face towards the light to mask impressions, turning the light of the place into one of those backstage mirrors that are surrounded by lamps so that no shadows are formed; also the opposite example would be when a pimp tells a scary story with a flashlight
- stretching the skin, making bone structure more prominent
- cleavage, of course
- simply show more of the background

D

Deleted member 5487

in my opinion, most people follow stupid sexual programming without introspection, which is how they live the other parts of their life.

If they understand programming, it becomes an entirely different world.

Women's sexual market value is very high but declines quickly into their 30s, and men's increases with longer life. That is true and will always be true. However, once women are out of their early to mid 20s, it can be very difficult because indeed "all the good men are taken".

And today most young men are directionless and economically falling further behind, so the choice of men is very poor for most women in their 20s if they look at men their age or a little older.

Mens market value does not increase by sitting on the shelf. A cheap bottle of wine is still a cheap bottle of wine.

First off there is

Genetic value. In order of importance

1 Face-Bone
2 Height-Bone
3 Frame-Bone

4 Hair
5 Skin
6 Muscle mass
7 Youth

Then there is built value. Which is males value that increases with age

Resources
Status

Even then resources/status means little considering females provide for themselves, so. Genetic value becomes utmost importance and a males face/height/frame/youth/hair..etc. Is the key to getting access to the opposite sex.

DaveFoster