Is Susceptibility To Mosquito Bites A Good Or Bad Sign?

ddjd

ive noticed if I take my b6 pyridoxine + zinc combination I am pretty much have zero susceptibility to mosquito bites and my girlfriend could get 10-20 bites lying right next to me in bed.

the next night I took my copper supplement and I was bitten 10 times!

repeated the test. took b6 + zinc combo. zero mosquito bites.

so maybe the copper vs. zinc balance is very important.

what im interested to know is do you think the fact that the mosquitos are attracted to my blood, is that a sign of being in a healthy state?

my theory is some people get bitten a lot. And some not so much. I noticed visiting farm animals that some cows would attract flies, and others not.

I also believe some get inflammation around bites, and some do not, so it can be hard to see if someone else is bitten if they don't get inflammation around their bites.

mrchibbs

ive noticed if I take my b6 pyridoxine + zinc combination I am pretty much have zero susceptibility to mosquito bites and my girlfriend could get 10-20 bites lying right next to me in bed.

what im interested to know is do you think the fact that the mosquitos are attracted to my blood, is that a sign of being in a healthy state?

There is something to this as I've been bitten an abnormally high amount of times this summer.

One other explanation is you can get bit but your immune system responds to it well so there's little to no visible inflammation.

J

james2388

Back in the day, people covered themselves in thick mud, compressed oils from various parts of plants, roots, barks etc. there is no plausible multivitamin combination that effects susceptibility to mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are attracted to sweat because the pores are open and it's easier to get blood. Mosquito saliva acts as a thinning agent to suck up the blood that is the inflammatory, bacterial load. Some people sweat more, some people sweat less, that is ultimately the decider of how gets attacked.

gately

I’m sure @charlie will be interested to here that one of the well known ways to stop bugs from biting you is to take thiamine. It’s so popular it’s literally one of the first things you’ll see on amazon reviews of thiamine hcl.

As such, I’ve always suspected that people who mosquitos are drawn to are thiamine deficient.

Yogi Bhajan once wrote that people who get a lot mosquito bites have a weak aura. Make of that what you will, I still suspect thiamine.

mrchibbs

I’m sure @charlie will be interested to here that one of the well known ways to stop bugs from biting you is to take thiamine. It’s so popular it’s literally one of the first things you’ll see on amazon reviews of thiamine hcl.

As such, I’ve always suspected that people who mosquitos are drawn to are thiamine deficient.

Yogi Bhajan once wrote that people who get a lot mosquito bites have a weak aura. Make of that what you will, I still suspect thiamine.

Super interesting!

gaze

I’ve always thought it was related to body hair which is why asains get bit a lot. I never get bit on my legs which are very hairy but I get bit in my ankle/feet area which have no body hair

ilhanxx

I take selenium+zinc nowadays, mosquitos don't realize me. b complex didnt make a difference for flies. Maybe zinc or improving thyroid.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I have not had one mosquito bite this year. :ninja

Lejeboca

When you exhale more CO2, more mosquitoes are attracted to you.

How Mosquitoes Detect People

Female mosquitoes have nerve cells called cpA neurons that have a receptor to detect carbon dioxide. This enables them to sense the plumes of air we exhale. But mosquitoes are still attracted to human skin even in the absence of carbon dioxide. A team of researchers led by Dr. Anandasankar Ray at University of California, Riverside, set out to determine the neurons and receptors required for attraction to skin odor. Their research was supported in part by NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). Results appeared online on December 5, 2013, in Cell.

Brief exposure to a chemical that shut down the mosquitoes’ carbon dioxide receptor rendered them unable to react to carbon dioxide from exhaled breath. The scientists tested the response of these mosquitoes to skin odorants by placing them in a wind tunnel with a plate of glass beads that had been worn in socks for several hours to give them the scent of human foot odor. Both Aedes aegypti and Anopheles gambiae mosquitoes — which transmitdengue and malaria respectively — were much less attracted to the scented beads after being exposed to the chemical. These results showed that the receptor responsible for detecting carbon dioxide also detects skin odorants.

The researchers focused on 2 of the compounds recognized as safe for humans. Ethyl pyruvate, which has a fruity smell and is approved as a flavor agent in food, blocked attraction of mosquitoes to a human hand. Conversely, cyclopentanone, which is minty-smelling and is approved as a flavor and fragrance agent, attracted mosquitoes to a baited trap as effectively as carbon dioxide.

Good sign. High CO2 and body heat.

T

TheBeard

I've read that they are attracted to:
CO2
Heat
Lactic acid

I know for sure I tick two of those boxes: my body temperature is way higher than everyone else I know, I'm always warm in winter and in bed I'm a "heater".
I'm also full of lactic acid because of all the endotoxins realeased by my SIBO bacteria.

That's verified with mosquito bites: whenever there is only one mosquito in town, he will find me and eat me multiple times. People think I'm crazy when I say I got bitten, as it's usually neither the season or the right weather for it.
So you can imagine how many bites I get during summer...

Explorer

Interesting I have always been bitten by those mosquitos a lot, my whole shirt would have lots of spots of those tiny flies and mosquitos who have had bumped into me however the last summer around the time that I started Peating I do not recall having many flies and mosquitos fly into me and try bite me if any at all

yerrag

I was thinking that hypothyroids get bitten a lot, and are more sensitive to bites as well. Lower energy makes them more susceptible to reaction to bites, just like people with low metabolism develop more allergic reactions. And mosquitoes probably also sense that the skin of lower temp individuals are more penetrable and less work is involved. Or maybe just like predators, they aim for the weaker individuals on account of their lower temperature.

I didn't think about the thiamine connection though. Perhaps low thiamine lowers metabolism and temperature as well.

My mom and I don't mind mosquitoes, but my sister does. I checked her temperature and it's lower by 0.5 C. My and I were normal at 37C. Not a good sampling but that's all I've got.

schultz

When you exhale more CO2, more mosquitoes are attracted to you.
This is what I've always thought as well. I'm sure there are other variables but I always assumed this was the biggest factor. That's why there are CO2 mosquito traps that you can buy.

You can also test this by going out in the morning and turning on your car. I live in the country and if I turn my car on in the morning there will be hundreds of bugs flying around my exhaust (or anytime really, but it's easier to see them in raking light and they seem more active in the morning)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals