1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

Is Reconstitued Frozen OJ Concentrate Supposed To Separate?

Discussion in 'Fruit Juice' started by Lord Cola, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Lord Cola

Lord Cola Member

I understand that not-from-concentrate that doesn't use pulp dissolving enzymes should separate when left to sit for a couple of hours. What about reconstituted orange juice from frozen concentrate? Is reconstituted orange juice from frozen concentrate that doesn't separate when left to sit over time likely to have been processed with pulp dissolving enzymes?

2. SOMO

SOMO Member

I'm pretty sure FCOJ does not contain any pulp ever.

3. OP
    Lord Cola

Lord Cola Member

I read the following by RP:
    "Until 2006 I was using mostly frozen pulp-free concentrate, then they introduced the enzyme process (for disposing of waste fiber, making it stay suspended in the juice), affecting even the 'pulp-free' type."

He later said:
    "All the major companies now say that they aren't using the pulp-melting enzymes; I think they were afraid of getting sued."

I wanted to experiment with the frozen concentrate product I'm using, so I ran it through a coffee filter, but almost nothing fell through the filter. So I'm wondering if there's fiber suspended in the juice. I'm letting it sit still for a few hours to see if it separates.

4. Herbie

Herbie Member

What about make your own oj concentrate?

5. OP
    Lord Cola

Lord Cola Member

Good oranges are not available for me right now.