Try Grapefruit Juice

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Mossy

You could ask your doctor if it’s safe for him to try k2 mk4 for his damaged teeth
I agree. I've talked to him about K2/Mk4 many times, but he thinks I'm a bit off my rocker with this Peat stuff.

PeskyPeater

The virate is rapidly consumed in the body, will reach tissues from liver as crapon dioxide/hydrocraponate (HCO3). You may be underestimating how much of it can be derived from diet.
If you are indicating that citrate from the diet is converted to carbon dioxide and an hydrocarbonate, why does dr Peat not endorse using chelations of minerals with citrate?

Motorneuron

If you are indicating that citrate from the diet is converted to carbon dioxide and an hydrocarbonate, why does dr Peat not endorse using chelations of minerals with citrate?
They are usually recommended with oxalate-rich meals .... are you saying that instead they release calcium and increase the possibility of creating renal oxalate?

PeskyPeater

They are usually recommended with oxalate-rich meals .... are you saying that instead they release calcium and increase the possibility of creating renal oxalate?
no what are you talking about?

you want to increase calcium consumption to prevent calcium oxalate stones.

but oxalates from the diet are not an issue bc they are broken down in the gut and chelated to iron and otherwise other minerals and then excreted.

Motorneuron

no what are you talking about?

you want to increase calcium consumption to prevent calcium oxalate stones.

but oxalates from the diet are not an issue bc they are broken down in the gut and chelated to iron and otherwise other minerals and then excreted.

Forgive me, I had mistranslated.

So everyone who experiences benefits from dietary oxalate reduction is purely placebo? B1 and B6 are vitamins necessary for their metabolism.

PeskyPeater

Forgive me, I had mistranslated.

So everyone who experiences benefits from dietary oxalate reduction is purely placebo? B1 and B6 are vitamins necessary for their metabolism.
no prob

yea probably they are. But cannot smell from here how good their gut function is, are having a leaky gut, low thyroid function or are gulping green smoothies and not taking care of having mixed meals :)

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

@Amarsh213 Still drinking grapefruit juice?
Nada.
Found it can increase cortisol by limiting the breakdown cortisol through an enzyme.

Hill county Gallon OJ With Calcium citrate, extremly alkalinzing.
Citrates, which are abundant in Citrus convert to Bicarbonate and buffer acids in the diet.

Though I only have 2-3 glasses 8OZ a day. Any more than that and the calcium seems too much. I switch to regular OJ.

The things regular calcium OJ has done to my testosterone, dopamine, estrogen have been nothing short of amazing.

I strongly suggest reading my posts on keep an aklainze base diet. It's so cruical for cortisol and all the downstream effects cortisol has on ageing and disease.

Wheat Grass powder 1x a day, big scoop and Regular Calcium OJ keep me net alkaline.

No more kale/Spinach smoothies/broths or excessive boild/roasted vegtable consumption. The lower fiber of the formor

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Nada.
Found it can increase cortisol by limiting the breakdown cortisol through an enzyme.

Citrates, which are abundant in Citrus convert to Bicarbonate and buffer acids in the diet.

Though I only have 2-3 glasses 8OZ a day. Any more than that and the calcium seems too much. I switch to regular OJ.

The things regular calcium OJ has done to my testosterone, dopamine, estrogen have been nothing short of amazing.

I strongly suggest reading my posts on keep an aklainze base diet. It's so cruical for cortisol and all the downstream effects cortisol has on ageing and disease.

Wheat Grass powder 1x a day, big scoop and Regular Calcium OJ keep me net alkaline.

No more kale/Spinach smoothies/broths or excessive boild/roasted vegtable consumption. The lower fiber of the formor
Potatos(golden), Meats, Cheese, Calcium OJ, OJ. Are my base now.

So back to the peat basics lol.

Korven

Nada.

You find the citrates to be better than straight bicarbonate?

I always felt really bad on carnivore diet and would get insane cravings for acidic things. Probably due to the low PRAL. Meat/grains low vitamin A diet was also equally bad for me.

Unfortunately citrus fruits are too acidic for me right now with my stomach being messed up. Going to hit the milk instead.

Nebula

Potatos(golden), Meats, Cheese, Calcium OJ, OJ. Are my base now.

So back to the peat basics lol.
Are you still avoiding salt? Have you tried adding potassium bicarbonate to regular OJ? Isn’t potassium more alkalizing than calcium?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Are you still avoiding salt? Have you tried adding potassium bicarbonate to regular OJ? Isn’t potassium more alkalizing than calcium?
Salt is unavoidable. I eat out at lunch. I get plenty of potassium from coconut water and OJ, potatos. Calcium was what I needed and took me to the next step foward.

It's lowered PTH and Cortisol So much the my stomach has completly flattened out from visceral fat loss and general increase in metabolic rate. Bordering on a legit 8 pack abs Now.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

You find the citrates to be better than straight bicarbonate?

I always felt really bad on carnivore diet and would get insane cravings for acidic things. Probably due to the low PRAL. Meat/grains low vitamin A diet was also equally bad for me.

Unfortunately citrus fruits are too acidic for me right now with my stomach being messed up. Going to hit the milk instead.
Yes. Bicarbonate hits the stomach and reacts to the acids. Citrate directly increase bicarbonate in the blood.

I Only use Sodium bicarbonate during exercise or when hungover. I don't like it's effects on food/stomach acid.

Yeah a strictly carnivore diet is an abomination for ageing and disease.

Being alkaline increase bloodflow and nutrient delivery to all cells. Particularly those on the extremities like Skin and hair. The first to go with age, which coincindes with the kidneys decline in function around 25.

Balancing Protein and alkaline minerals is Key.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Yes. Bicarbonate hits the stomach and reacts to the acids. Citrate directly increase bicarbonate in the blood.

I Only use Sodium bicarbonate during exercise or when hungover. I don't like it's effects on food/stomach acid.

Yeah a strictly carnivore diet is an abomination for ageing and disease.

Being alkaline increase bloodflow and nutrient delivery to all cells. Particularly those on the extremities like Skin and hair. The first to go with age, which coincindes with the kidneys decline in function around 25.

Balancing Protein and alkaline minerals is Key.
"Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance.
Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"

Read and re-read to grasp the importance

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

The addition of calcium citrate OJ could have pushed me a higher net alkaline state which would have explained the increase in insulin sensitivity, and markedly lower visceral fat and general hunger.

Mossy

The addition of calcium citrate OJ could have pushed me a higher net alkaline state which would have explained the increase in insulin sensitivity, and markedly lower visceral fat and general hunger.
I'm intrigued by your success with the calcium citrate in OJ.

Your comments may have answered my first question already, which is if someone has a bad reaction to sodium bicarbonate would they react the same way to the alkalizing effect of the calcium citrate? You note a distinction between the two, with the citrate effecting blood, not stomach, like the bicarbonate.

Lastly, do you feel another variation of calcium would have the same alkalizing effect, or do you feel the citrate is key to convert to bicarbonate?

Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I'm intrigued by your success with the calcium citrate in OJ.

Your comments may have answered my first question already, which is if someone has a bad reaction to sodium bicarbonate would they react the same way to the alkalizing effect of the calcium citrate? You note a distinction between the two, with the citrate effecting blood, not stomach, like the bicarbonate.

Lastly, do you feel another variation of calcium would have the same alkalizing effect, or do you feel the citrate is key to convert to bicarbonate?

Thank you.
I prefer citrate, have not looked into other forms.

Getting enough Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium from food is what matters. Taking them in Non-isolated forms. As these minerals are signals and it's best to take them in combinate/with food.

Net alkaline Diet+Regular exercise

Net alklaine Blood+Exhale CO2=High metabolism

When you exhale CO2 and blood is alkaline, the body creates MORE CO2 and this is the basis for High metabolism. As the cells are producing energy and CO2 as a by product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals