Is Lugols Iodine Recomemded

Ticcy-Toby

For those interested I bought and read 'The Iodine Crisis' by Lynne Farrow before considering supplementing with Iodoral.

Do I suggest you try Iodine supplementation, hell no, do the research before doing such a thing.

I will post on this again later this month :):

baccheion

For those interested I bought and read 'The Iodine Crisis' by Lynne Farrow before considering supplementing with Iodoral.

Do I suggest you try Iodine supplementation, hell no, do the research before doing such a thing.

After the initial detox, it's working really well for me at 1 GRAM/day potassium iodide. Many like it at 100 MILLIgrams.

baccheion

1 gram or 1 mg?
Gram.

IodiNE can cause problems at excessive doses. IodiDE (as from potassium iodide) isn't as problematic. Higher doses of iodine can trigger Hashimoto's in those with a genetic predisposition. Many issues with iodine are due to a detox reaction and/or insufficient selenium (L-selenomethionine seems to be the form preferred).

Last edited:

Mauritio

so how did your experiment with iodine go ?

OP
N

NickC

you obviously havent seen haiduts recent threat about how beneficial stearic acid is!
But is that natural stearic acic or the synthetic stuff that is in most pharmaceutical pills.

SOMO

I've taken Lugol's for several years and SSKI after that.

First month or so on Lugol's I got insane energy levels and general mood lift. Effects were short lived though and even supplementing with it daily, I was STILL hypothyroid.

Iodine may be enough to restore thyroid function in some, but it wasn't for me.

baccheion

I've taken Lugol's for several years and SSKI after that.

First month or so on Lugol's I got insane energy levels and general mood lift. Effects were short lived though and even supplementing with it daily, I was STILL hypothyroid.

Iodine may be enough to restore thyroid function in some, but it wasn't for me.
How much did you take and what else (name + dose) did you take with it?

SOMO

How much did you take and what else (name + dose) did you take with it?

History: I was a heavy user of cold medicine (Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide which I believe induced Brominism in me.)
Iodine displaces the other Halogens (Bromine and Fluorine) in high enough doses, so I used it for this purpose to displace the Bromine in my body.

I would take a 3 drops of Lugol's 5% in plain water or lemon juice morning and night. I've taken as many as 20 drops in a day with no ill effects and not even any digestive upset. I think Iodine is absorbed so rapidly it doesn't have time to irritate gastric mucosa which aspirin definitely can.

Now I infrequently use Potassium Iodide (KI) in this manner: drop a few salt-sized crystals into large pitcher of water.
KI is used in "water purification" tablets for camping to sterilize water. I used it for this purpose, to have clean drinking water.

I did not notice any downsides of it, it never made me anxious or energized or stressed. I think I2 and KI are very benign and good for detoxing Halogens (if you use Fluoride toothpaste I think Iodine is probably a good idea.)

baccheion

History: I was a heavy user of cold medicine (Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide which I believe induced Brominism in me.)
Iodine displaces the other Halogens (Bromine and Fluorine) in high enough doses, so I used it for this purpose to displace the Bromine in my body.

I would take a 3 drops of Lugol's 5% in plain water or lemon juice morning and night. I've taken as many as 20 drops in a day with no ill effects and not even any digestive upset. I think Iodine is absorbed so rapidly it doesn't have time to irritate gastric mucosa which aspirin definitely can.

Now I infrequently use Potassium Iodide (KI) in this manner: drop a few salt-sized crystals into large pitcher of water.
KI is used in "water purification" tablets for camping to sterilize water. I used it for this purpose, to have clean drinking water.

I did not notice any downsides of it, it never made me anxious or energized or stressed. I think I2 and KI are very benign and good for detoxing Halogens (if you use Fluoride toothpaste I think Iodine is probably a good idea.)
What else were you taking? For example, iodine requires 200 mcg L-selenomethionine, 400-600 mg magnesium, 3-6 g vitamin C, and 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt flushes.

Iodine Protocol involves taking 50 mg Lugol's (8 drops at 5%; 100 mg is even better) and companion nutrients for 90 days, then reducing to 12.5 mg (2 drops).

The body responds better to the protocol when serum vitamin D is at least 50 ng/mL. Vitamin C aids in sodium-iodide symporter creation (ie, uptake of iodine).

Iodine References

SOMO

What else were you taking? For example, iodine requires 200 mcg L-selenomethionine, 400-600 mg magnesium, 3-6 g vitamin C, and 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt flushes. Iodine Protocol involves taking 50 mg Lugol's (8 drops at 5%; 100 mg is even better) for 90 days along with companion nutrients, then reducing to 12.5 mg (2 drops) for long-term supplementation.

Iodine References[/QUOTE

I did all that, including selenium. Magnesium and Vit C intake is higher than that. Salt intake is much higher than that.

Like I said, most of the benefit I did get was within the first few weeks and then the effect "plateaued."

Antonello

Yes, I am supplementing Iodine with Iodoral tablets along with cofactors B2 and B3, ester-c (3000mg), himalayan salt, selenium (usual source brazil nuts, and lots and lots of water. At first it gave me horrendous flu symptoms (coughing, runny nose etcetera, a sign that its doing something but now feel AMAZING.
Interestingly my urine darkened and smelt odd for the first few days, now a very light straw colour, I am hoping this 'honeymoon' period doesn't fade. I plan to reduce my dosage over 3 months and then take Iodine EOD (every other day).

I believe that it can take a long time for this to work as firstly the thyroid is greedy for Iodine after which it then circulates to other organs and tissues. A nice added bonus is my libido has improved a great deal.
I am somewhat conservative with supplements and usually adhere to EOD practices.

I will update this post in a month or so.
How are you doing buddy?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals