Is Lugols Iodine Recomemded

x-ray peat

Why is now boron any better?
I cant find the borax issue but at the time it was enough for me to switch. fwiw
here is a long discussion on the best form
Best form of boron?

as for the estrogenic issues I am still looking into it. at only 3 mg per day it may not be as estrogenic plus you get a lot of other benefits as well

ddjd

I cant find the borax issue but at the time it was enough for me to switch. fwiw
here is a long discussion on the best form
Best form of boron?

as for the estrogenic issues I am still looking into it. at only 3 mg per day it may not be as estrogenic plus you get a lot of other benefits as well
Ok interesting. Let me know how you get on

I think Lugol's is good. I know Peat does not.

I think it's good for a time, to get rid of bromine and fluorine that is stored in tissues.

But there is evidence that higher dosages of iodine, even over a few hundred MICRO grams per day, can suppress thyroid function.

ddjd

I think it's good for a time, to get rid of bromine and fluorine that is stored in tissues.

But there is evidence that higher dosages of iodine, even over a few hundred MICRO grams per day, can suppress thyroid function.
Do you take selenium with it

baccheion

More than 300 mcg can initially suppress thyroid functioning. The solution is to take more. That is, if going above 300 mcg, then it's better to follow the 90-day iodine protocol (50 milligrams Lugol's iodine, 200 mcg L-selenomethionine, 1/2 tsp celtic salt, 3-6g sustained-release vitamin C, 400-600mg magnesium, and a good multivitamin). A maintenance dose is 12.5 mg.

Last edited:
More than 300 mcg can initially suppress thyroid functioning. The solution is to take more. That is, if going above 300 mcg, then it's better to follow the 90-day iodine protocol (50 milligrams Lugol's iodine, 200 mcg L-selenomethionine, 1/2 tsp celtic salt, 3-6g sustained-release vitamin C, 400-600mg magnesium, and a good multivitamin). A maintenance dose is 12.5 mg.

I doubt Peat agrees. I think this is far too much and suppresses thyroid function.

baccheion

I doubt Peat agrees. I think this is far too much and suppresses thyroid function.
If not suffering from hyperthyroidism (and taking with selenium), any slowing is usually temporary. In any event, thyroid-related blood tests exist.

Last edited:

Ania

I remember some profesor mentioning that humic acid is the only substance effectively clearing glyphosate from the cells. I cannot recall the source right now. If I find it, I will attach the link.

OP
N

NickC

I remember some profesor mentioning that humic acid is the only substance effectively clearing glyphosate from the cells. I cannot recall the source right now. If I find it, I will attach the link.
Thats why I would like to try some.

Vanced

Iodine made me feel amazing when I first started, this didn't last long and before long it was making me feel utterly horrible and hypothyroid. Some people seem to do well with it but who knows how they will they be years down the line.

whit

Iodine made me feel amazing when I first started, this didn't last long and before long it was making me feel utterly horrible and hypothyroid. Some people seem to do well with it but who knows how they will they be years down the line.

We cycle iodine and generally only apply it as needed and topically.

baccheion

How much did you take and was it taken with companion nutrients (selenium as L-selenomethionine, celtic sea salt, vitamin C, etc)? Iodine can sometimes cause problems, but symptoms are usually due to bromide detox (/displacement): Iodine and Bromine Detox With Unrefined Salt by Jeffrey Dach MD - Jeffrey Dach MD.

Vanced

baccheion

Yes I tried everything. Doses from 150mcg to 50mg, all 'companion nutrients' - no difference.
What symptoms did you experience? When iodine causes problems, the solution is usually to add more potassium iodide (up to 1g). There are sites online that show how to make a SSKI solution. Did you try salt flushing (1/2 tsp salt with 16 ounces water every 30 minutes until there's an urge to urinate)?

Last edited:

Ticcy-Toby

Yes, I am supplementing Iodine with Iodoral tablets along with cofactors B2 and B3, ester-c (3000mg), himalayan salt, selenium (usual source brazil nuts, and lots and lots of water. At first it gave me horrendous flu symptoms (coughing, runny nose etcetera, a sign that its doing something but now feel AMAZING.
Interestingly my urine darkened and smelt odd for the first few days, now a very light straw colour, I am hoping this 'honeymoon' period doesn't fade. I plan to reduce my dosage over 3 months and then take Iodine EOD (every other day).

I believe that it can take a long time for this to work as firstly the thyroid is greedy for Iodine after which it then circulates to other organs and tissues. A nice added bonus is my libido has improved a great deal.
I am somewhat conservative with supplements and usually adhere to EOD practices.

I will update this post in a month or so.

Vanced

What symptoms did you experience? When iodine causes problems, the solution is usually to take more (up to 300mg Lugol's or 1g potassium iodide). Did you try salt flushing (1/2 tsp salt with 16 ounces water every 30 minutes until there's an urge to urinate)?

In the end, extreme hypothyroid symptoms.
I have hypothyroidism, my thyroid is nearly gone as verified by ultrasound. Iodine is bad news for me, it may work for others. I now take t4 + t3.

baccheion

I have hypothyroidism, my thyroid is nearly gone as verified by ultrasound. Iodine is bad news for me, it may work for others. I now take t4 + t3.
Ah, I see. I wouldn't know what to suggest if hypothyroidism is already present. You can search sites like Curezone for supplements that may work.

whit

I've heard Peat mention that thyroid is the best way to supplement iodine because the many things iodine reacts with.