Anyone Else Getting Increased Estrogen From T3/ASPIRIN/CYPRO/PROGESTERONE

Dr. B

Bitartrate is anti-metabolic. If you have to supplement choline, I`d avoid that form
its the tartaric acid doing it right, what does the tartaric acid do? i remember reading years ago some bodybuilders use it for potassium its an insanely high source right.
i wonder if its actually toxic due to similar reasons as citric acid in modern times? wiki says tartaric acid is in many fruits... but it has a section on how its made, seems it can be made industrially just like citric acid. good to know, i was only gonna use 275mg choline bitartrate once a week but will probably drop it entirely now and replace with PQQ or something.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Agreed. This is why I recommend haiduts MITOLIPIN... Saturated Phosphatidylcholine
mate werent you and someone else saying you got manboobs and other effects from that. what happened, was the cause something else.
or do you have to use mitolipin without consuming any fat, in order to avoid the sides?
is dietary phosphatidylcholine usually unsaturated? like in eggs, milk. of course krill oil is unsaturated

OP
ddjd

ddjd

OP
ddjd

ddjd

mate werent you and someone else saying you got manboobs and other effects from that. what happened, was the cause something else.
or do you have to use mitolipin without consuming any fat, in order to avoid the sides?
is dietary phosphatidylcholine usually unsaturated? like in eggs, milk. of course krill oil is unsaturated
I'm not focusing on choline anymore. The central issue seems to be cortisol.

As soon as I increase my cortisol levels all my estrogenic, water retention issues go away.

The issue is that all of these substances are depleting my cortisol

Spartan300

As soon as I increase my cortisol levels all my estrogenic, water retention issues go away.

Curious what you are doing to increase cortisol and how you came to the conclusion?

How is your sleep since?

Dr. B

what substances did you use to raise cortisol?
what effects do you get from pregnenolone or progesterone?
i think cortisol could have anti estrogenic effects? but it has effects of its own too. anti androgenic effects too. it can cause testicle and other organ shrinkage.

Vileplume

Hey @ddjd, did you ever figure out what causes this bloating from T3?

I get the same bloating and frequent urination from cynomel, tyronene, and Tyromax—but not cynoplus.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Hey @ddjd, did you ever figure out what causes this bloating from T3?

I get the same bloating and frequent urination from cynomel, tyronene, and Tyromax—but not cynoplus.
hey vileplume, we're a rare breed! im still working it out but im now convinced its something to do with the CBS/BHMT pathways. for whatever reason, t3, like aspirin, progesterone and lots of peat substances puts a lot of stress on these pathways.

for instance, here are some substances that support these pathways and they help me to tolerate t3 a lot better:

- L-Serine / Phosphatidylserine (collagen/gelatin also a good source of l-serine)
- zinc
- tmg (trimethylglycine)
- b6
- dmae
- gluathione (i use setria brand)
- choline (saturated form from idealabs is safest to use i think)

all of these will open up the bhmt/cbs pathways and should help you to tolerate t3 a lot better.

let me know how you get on.

Vileplume

@ddjd interesting, I have never even heard of that pathway before. Thanks. I’ll look into it and let you know if I discover anything to add.

Oddly enough, caffeine doesn’t seem to cause the same bloating. Dark roasts do, but not medium roasts—I can drink as much as I want with no issue.

brightside

hey vileplume, we're a rare breed! im still working it out but im now convinced its something to do with the CBS/BHMT pathways. for whatever reason, t3, like aspirin, progesterone and lots of peat substances puts a lot of stress on these pathways.

for instance, here are some substances that support these pathways and they help me to tolerate t3 a lot better:

- L-Serine / Phosphatidylserine (collagen/gelatin also a good source of l-serine)
- zinc
- tmg (trimethylglycine)
- b6
- dmae

all of these will open up the bhmt/cbs pathways and should help you to tolerate t3 a lot better.

Why do you think it's a good idea to focus on BHMT instead of the regular path through MTR? This would imply that you have problems with MTR, and should focus on that instead..

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Why do you think it's a good idea to focus on BHMT instead of the regular path through MTR? This would imply that you have problems with MTR, and should focus on that instead..
BHMT converts homocysteine directly in to methionine. Specifically it removes a methyl group from TMG (trimethylglycine) and tacks it on to homocysteine to form methionine and DMG (dimethylglycine). Stimulating a genetically normal BHMT system will partially ameliorate the adverse affects of other Methyl Cycle challenges. For example, if we cannot convert homocysteine in to methionine because a MTHFR defect renders us deficient in methyl-folate, or because an MTR up regulation or MTRR down regulation leaves us short in methyl-B12, we can bypass these blockages by stimulating BHMT to convert homocysteine directly in to methionine

brightside

BHMT converts homocysteine directly in to methionine. Specifically it removes a methyl group from TMG (trimethylglycine) and tacks it on to homocysteine to form methionine and DMG (dimethylglycine). Stimulating a genetically normal BHMT system will partially ameliorate the adverse affects of other Methyl Cycle challenges. For example, if we cannot convert homocysteine in to methionine because a MTHFR defect renders us deficient in methyl-folate, or because an MTR up regulation or MTRR down regulation leaves us short in methyl-B12, we can bypass these blockages by stimulating BHMT to convert homocysteine directly in to methionine
Yes, I know. But BHMT is a backup, without the folate cycle running you will get impaired BH4 recycling. I'm not too exited about using backup systems, but I understand that they may be very necessary.

Do you know that MTR is copper dependent?
Both animal and human data suggest that methionine synthase also requires copper, implying that the enzyme may be involved in the pathogenesis of CDM. Another enzyme involved in the methylation cycle, S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase, may be regulated by copper.

Is MTRR downregulation actually a common thing?

Also, have you tried high dose (at least 5mg) of methylfolate or folinic acid?

Sorry If these are repetitive questions, I don't know where else you mentioned these details..

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Yes, I know. But BHMT is a backup, without the folate cycle running you will get impaired BH4 recycling. I'm not too exited about using backup systems, but I understand that they may be very necessary.

Do you know that MTR is copper dependent?
Both animal and human data suggest that methionine synthase also requires copper, implying that the enzyme may be involved in the pathogenesis of CDM. Another enzyme involved in the methylation cycle, S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase, may be regulated by copper.

Is MTRR downregulation actually a common thing?

Also, have you tried high dose (at least 5mg) of methylfolate or folinic acid?

Sorry If these are repetitive questions, I don't know where else you mentioned these details..
Many people with CBS and BHMT abnormalities will also bear MTHFR (compromising methyl-folate generation) and MTRR (compromising methyl-B12) abnormalities, and thus they will need and benefit from corresponding supplementation (with these molecules that you are having trouble making). However, if you supplement heavily with methyl-folate, methy-B12, or BH4, before we have the CBS/BHMT physiology under control (until you have reduced your sulfate status such that glutathione and cysteine assimilation improves) then you will be subjecting yourself to a “sulfite surge”. You will feel great for 1-2 days, as beneficial neurotransmitters are generated. Methyl-folate and methyl-B12 detox pathways will then open up, creating toxic intermediates that cannot be metabolized further due to the block in glutathione utilization – and then you will feel horrible. You need to resist the temptation to treat MTHFR/MTRR abnormalities until CBS/BHMT are under control.

brightside

Many people with CBS and BHMT abnormalities will also bear MTHFR (compromising methyl-folate generation) and MTRR (compromising methyl-B12) abnormalities, and thus they will need and benefit from corresponding supplementation (with these molecules that you are having trouble making). However, if you supplement heavily with methyl-folate, methy-B12, or BH4, before we have the CBS/BHMT physiology under control (until you have reduced your sulfate status such that glutathione and cysteine assimilation improves) then you will be subjecting yourself to a “sulfite surge”. You will feel great for 1-2 days, as beneficial neurotransmitters are generated. Methyl-folate and methyl-B12 detox pathways will then open up, creating toxic intermediates that cannot be metabolized further due to the block in glutathione utilization – and then you will feel horrible. You need to resist the temptation to treat MTHFR/MTRR abnormalities until CBS/BHMT are under control.
Hmm, fair enough. Tell me more, don't spare the details. Do you mean you will oxidize or conjugate the available GSH? Why not add B2/B3/Se then? I find Se immensely powerful for GSH production.

BearWithMe

- zinc
- tmg (trimethylglycine)
- b6
- dmae

Dude, you are well of knowledge. Great posts.

The substances supporting CBS/BHMT patways seems to be precisely the substances often recomended for liver health and repair.

Have you tried UDCA, silymarin or digestive bitters? Do you feel good on caffeine and thiamine?

Also interesting that many of the substances are popular "nootropics"

OP
ddjd

ddjd

still trying to figure this out.....

i now strongly suspect vitamin d is the key co-factor

Dr. B

still trying to figure this out.....

i now strongly suspect vitamin d is the key co-factor

I did use vitamin D3 at the same time as standalone T3 and still had major issues. I dont know if there was any estrogenic things but i had all the high cortisol symptoms from T3. Muscle wasting, hair loss, even weight gain. Lower appetite, more fatigue.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I did use vitamin D3 at the same time as standalone T3 and still had major issues. I dont know if there was any estrogenic things but i had all the high cortisol symptoms from T3. Muscle wasting, hair loss, even weight gain. Lower appetite, more fatigue.
Were you taking it with plentiful magnesium and k2mk4?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom