Low Iodine Levels In Vast Majority Of Population?

steel_reserve

Someone on 4chan put lugol on his testicles and reported that he grew a brow ridge overnight and his voice changed.

#OrangeBaller

invictus

I don't know, did you?
From optimox.com: Some 50 years ago, Nobel laureate Albert Szent Györgyi, the physician who discovered vitamin C in 1928 and who was a medical student in the early 1900s, wrote:23 “When I was a medical student, iodine in the form of KI was the universal medicine. Nobody knew what it did, but it did something and did something good. We students used to sum up the situation in this little rhyme: ‘If ye don’t know where, what, and why, prescribe ye then K and I.’ Our medical predecessors, possessing very few and crude instruments only, had to make use of two given by nature (the use of which has since gone out of fashion): eyes and brains. They were keen observers and the universal application of iodide might have been not without foundation.”

I know his quote doesn't talk about dosage but I read somewhere, years ago, the he did you use large doses on himself. Also look up Dr. Orian Truss, a doctor in Alabama who used Lugol's to treat a variety of bacterial and viral infections. And before him, Dr. D.C. Jarvis, a medical doctor at the turn of the 20th century in Vermont who used large doses of Lugol's to similarly treat bacterial and viral infections, along with people complaining of fatigue and depression.

rayban

I'm experiencing profound improvement in my health after starting iodine supplementation and think that Wolff-Chaikoff is a big-pharma scam. According to Brownstein, Wolff-Chaikoff concluded that iodine suppresses thyroid function because rats' thyroids stopped the uptake of radioactive iodine when given high doses of non-radioactive iodine. Duh, that's the exact same reason the FDA suggests people at risk of radioactive iodine exposure (e.g., Fukushima, Chernobyl) take large-dose potassium iodide pills. When the thyroid is fully satiated with iodine, it'll stop absorbing any more, including the radioactive kind.

Ray's iodine comments scared me away from supplementation. However, having experienced insignificant health improvements after 3 years of "peating", I gave 100mg Lugol's a go. Two months later and I'm convinced the primary benefit is anti-imflammatory in nature and not directly related to thyroid function. My chronic fungal infections, chronic sinus problems, chronic coughing, atrial fibrillation/palpitations, and fissured/geographic tongue have all disappeared. I had suffered under those and more problems for more than 20 years!

I've noticed that when I ramped up the dose I temporarily experience some bad days. I attribute that to a microbe die-off followed by an LPS endotoxin flood. Iodine appears to be nature's awesome anti microbial agent.
Do you have pics of your tongue problems? ive been having white/red lines that crack and change for like half a year. I may try this. Where do I buy this in Europe.

Medvedev

Got a short term hyperthyroidism after just 3 sprays of lugol 1% in my mouth. 2 day insomnia, tachycardia and a panic attack in the end lol.
Two weeks later did 1 spray, same results (less stronger ofc).
My diet is so poor in iodine, only 2-5 eggs per day as a source. Wtf is that?

burtlancast

Got a short term hyperthyroidism after just 3 sprays of lugol 1% in my mouth. 2 day insomnia, tachycardia and a panic attack in the end lol.

I had the opposite effect; the very first day of taking 6 drops of Lugol (about 35 mg of iodine) i experienced my best sleep in months, especially for the speed in falling asleep.

Maybe you had fluoride detox symptoms, with the iodine displacing the fluoride and dumping it in the blood at once. This is more plausible in ango-saxon countries fluoridating their water.
I live in Europe.

Seba

With lugols, i get severe hypo smptomps with less than half-drop. 2-3mg was enought to make me feel bad, low heart beat and cold. Selenium doesnt change this.
But when I mix it with acorbic acid, and iodine oxidizes to iodide and loses its color, I get positive benefits, better skin and mood the next day, no hypo symptoms at all.

Anyone with similar experience?

(..and yes i know there are both iodine and iodide in lugols)

rayban

I had the opposite effect; the very first day of taking 6 drops of Lugol (about 35 mg of iodine) i experienced my best sleep in months, especially for the speed in falling asleep.

Maybe you had fluoride detox symptoms, with the iodine displacing the fluoride and dumping it in the blood at once. This is more plausible in ango-saxon countries fluoridating their water.
I live in Europe.
How did you get the lugol in europe? I want to try the iorinse mouthwash for white tongue. Some dude said it cleaned it.

burtlancast

I managed to get Lugol through a friend pharmacist.
But i believe you can DIY by simply buying potassium iodide (and iodine crystals if possible; if not, you can make them out of potassium iodide)

Nomane Euger

Jam

Amazon carries plenty of Lugol's. Heiltropfen is a good brand. Regarding DIY Lugol's, it must contain both KI and I. Naturally, if one does not have access to iodine crystals, KI can be oxidized to generate I, but unless the resulting solution can be purified/filtered, it will not be pure Lugol's solution.

magnesiumania

Two weeks later did 1 spray, same results (less stronger ofc).
My diet is so poor in iodine, only 2-5 eggs per day as a source. Wtf is that?
What dose is that? I prefer nascent iodine. Theres no other supplement that make me feel good like iodine. With a little nano-zinc i feel great.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

What dose is that? I prefer nascent iodine. Theres no other supplement that make me feel good like iodine. With a little nano-zinc i feel great.
sir can you share which Nascent iodine product you use please

Peater

Does anyone know if taking Lugol's in proper sugary Coke would cause it to react or lose effectiveness? I actually like the taste, but I remembered Coke has phosphoric acid and iodine is reduced by citric acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals