IBS-D Cured With Gelatin?

geraldxy

Is this possible? Since taking gelatine (now i'm taking collagen because of the taste) my IBS-D has stopped.

I can eat massive amounts of sugar with no digestion problems, before the gelatine experiment i would get watery diarrhea from it. My stools are just perfect in 90% of the time. In the past i tried many things to cure my IBS:

-- Low Carb with high amounts of meat and 2-3 eggs daily, potatoes as carbs. Cured IBS but i ran into other problems
-- No Carb with only meat and carrots. Cured IBS but i ran into thyroid and other problems
-- Lugols Iodine, digestion was better but after some time there was a crash from so much iodine
-- High Carb gave me the most problems with IBS

So my conclusion so far is that my IBS came from too low protein content or my body needs some special amino acids which are available now through gelatine. Don't understand me wrong, even now with good digestion i don't feel 100% good but i did a good step forward. The massive amounts of sugar are not good for me i realised even though they are digested well now.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I have been suffering from chronic reflux for the last two years. I refuse to take PPI’s and have tried to manage it without meds, but nothing has worked. I Started taking a tablespoon a day of beef gelatin about 10 days ago and I am feeling better than I’ve felt in years. I have nearly zero reflux.

This is the gelatin I’ve been using:

Now Foods Beef Gelatin Natural Powder 1 lb (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UNFCKDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_ri8WFbJFQ9GPM

L

Lord Cola

Beef gelatin eliminates my chronic bowel inflammation. But once I stop eating it, the inflammation comes back. Other serotonin lowering substances help too, but nothing I can consistently rely on.