Will Start The Iodine Protocol, Need Some Help With The Math

Vinny

Hi,

We are talking about 10% Lugol`s solution.

According the info in the youtube video, you mix 33.7 grams of potassium iodide and 16.9 grams of iodine crystals into 118 ml of distilled water. When ready, 1 drop should contain 22.5 mg of Iodine.

I`ve got, however, 50 grams of PI and 25 grams of elemental iodine, and I`d like to use them all. I`d appreciate if someone can calculate for me how much more water is needed.

mostlylurking

What is the purpose of this? Ray Peat has said that if you insist on supplementing with iodine it should be not more than something like 1mg/week. He says it is safer to rely on the iodine that is in a natural desiccated thyroid supplement. These comments were from a radio interview. I also found this on line:

Iodine
Lugol's solution is sometimes helpful for an inflammation, but it's risky when there might be a thyroid problem.

Short term use of iodide is safe at a few milligrams per day, but chronic intake of even one mg. per day increases the risk of thyroiditis.

from here: Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

ddjd

be careful too much iodine can increase the bad form of nitric oxide

OP
Vinny

Vinny

What is the purpose of this? Ray Peat has said that if you insist on supplementing with iodine it should be not more than something like 1mg/week. He says it is safer to rely on the iodine that is in a natural desiccated thyroid supplement. These comments were from a radio interview. I also found this on line:

Iodine
Lugol's solution is sometimes helpful for an inflammation, but it's risky when there might be a thyroid problem.

Short term use of iodide is safe at a few milligrams per day, but chronic intake of even one mg. per day increases the risk of thyroiditis.

from here: Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki
I have huge respect for dr Peat. He is probably genius.
However, I choose sometimes to avoid, even go against, his recomendations, for certain reasons.
And, the purpose of this thread is not to analyze the iodine protocol. It has been done already.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Amazoniac

Hi,

According the info in the youtube video, you mix 33.7 grams of potassium iodide and 16.9 grams of iodine crystals into 118 ml of distilled water. When ready, 1 drop should contain 22.5 mg of Iodine.

I`ve got, however, 50 grams of PI and 25 grams of elemental iodine, and I`d like to use them all. I`d appreciate if someone can calculate for me how much more water is needed.
+57 ml (175 ml total). 50 grams of KI, right? But verify everything.

- Reliability of drop size from multi-dose eye drop bottles: is it cause for concern?

You'll never know how tomorrow is going to be like if you decide to end it sooner. Imagine relatives' reception to the news; if not for you, stay for them.

There is hope. Cyprus Samaritans: 8000-7773.

Last edited:
OP
Vinny

Vinny

+57 ml (175 ml total). 50 grams of KI, right? But verify everything.

- Reliability of drop size from multi-dose eye drop bottles: is it cause for concern?

You'll never know how tomorrow is going to be like if you decide to end it sooner. Imagine relatives' reception to the news; if not for you, stay for them.

There is hope. Cyprus Samaritans: 8000-7773.
Thank you for answering my inquiry, Amazoniac. Yes, 50 grams of KI (or PI - it,s same, yes?)

I appreciate the second part too. It looks like there are no many supporters of this protocol here on this forum...
But, why, my friend?
Can i steal a bit more from ur precious time and ask, what do you know about iodine that i dont (and probably should)?
And, in addition to pointing me to CS phone (i guess i may be a tough case for them but might take a shot) why not also provide some link about someone who died (or greatly suffered) from ingesting the element? Im open to get more knowledge about this matter and review my intentions at any time.

And, as a matter of fact, i already took some.
Dont know how much exactly had one drop, coz it was a batch i made a long time ago for external purpose and dont remember how much had in it, but fore sure i was taking waaay more than recomended. Didnt notice much of anything during that period except, may be, a bit improved sleep. Discontinued it, coz need precise measurement.

So, hope to hear soon again from you. Thanks!

Amazoniac

Thank you for answering my inquiry, Amazoniac. Yes, 50 grams of KI (or PI - it,s same, yes?)

I appreciate the second part too. It looks like there are no many supporters of this protocol here on this forum...
But, why, my friend?
Can i steal a bit more from ur precious time and ask, what do you know about iodine that i dont (and probably should)?
And, in addition to pointing me to CS phone (i guess i may be a tough case for them but might take a shot) why not also provide some link about someone who died (or greatly suffered) from ingesting the element? Im open to get more knowledge about this matter and review my intentions at any time.

And, as a matter of fact, i already took some.
Dont know how much exactly had one drop, coz it was a batch i made a long time ago for external purpose and dont remember how much had in it, but fore sure i was taking waaay more than recomended. Didnt notice much of anything during that period except, may be, a bit improved sleep. Discontinued it, coz need precise measurement.

So, hope to hear soon again from you. Thanks!
I thought that it was an impulsive suicide attempt. But now that I think of it, it makes no sense, you seem to be mentally wealthy.

Then what's your motivation? The only thing that I could find is a recent news post entitled:

"Cracks discovered during construction of Turkey's first nuclear plant"​

You must be about 100 miles away from it. Is this a precautionary measure?

- Potassium iodide - Wikipedia
[..]equally important to the question of KI is the fact that radioactivity releases are not "local" events. Researchers at the World Health Organization accurately located and counted the cancer victims from Chernobyl and were startled to find that "the increase in incidence [of thyroid cancer] has been documented up to 500 km from the accident site... significant doses from radioactive iodine can occur hundreds of kilometers from the site, beyond emergency planning zones."[18] Consequently, far more people than anticipated were affected by the radiation, which caused the United Nations to report in 2002 that "The number of people with thyroid cancer... has exceeded expectations. Over 11,000 cases have already been reported."[40]
It was reported on March 16, 2011, that potassium iodide tablets were given preventatively to U.S. Naval air crew members flying within 70 nautical miles of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant damaged in the earthquake (8.9/9.0 magnitude) and ensuing tsunami on March 11, 2011. The measures were seen as precautions, and the Pentagon said no U.S. forces have shown signs of radiation poisoning. By March 20, the US Navy instructed personnel coming within 100 miles of the reactor to take the pills.[43]

I was going to link you some threads, but you've already participated in them.

--
But anyway, have you and @haidut read the publication link'd above?

"Several physical factors may potentially be responsible for variation in drop size, such as the dimensions of the aperture[7] (Fig. 1), the characteristics of the drug solution (surface tension,[7,9] viscosity,[7] density) [not showned] and handling angle of the container.[10]"

upload_2019-5-6_20-29-21.png

Effect of angle of the bottle:

upload_2019-5-6_20-30-27.png

Source: varied, the internet.

upload_2019-5-6_20-30-49.png

Variation in wasser drop from different bottles:

upload_2019-5-6_20-31-2.png

Influence of nozzle profile:

upload_2019-5-6_20-31-53.png

upload_2019-5-6_20-32-2.png

When assuming that a drop provides 22.5 mg of iodine, even a 5% deviation will be a change of more than 1 mg of iodin, which is by itself far more than what most people get. Open posology book , almost al there

Last edited:
OP
Vinny

Vinny

I should have mentioned the purpose in the begining, but i didnt, coz i thought it was obvious since it,s been discussed already here: to boost my thyroid, to get rid of chalides, to improve sleep, etc.
So, excuse my Bulgarian manners.

Amazoniac

I should have mentioned the purpose in the begining, but i didnt, coz i thought it was obvious since it,s been discussed already here: to boost my thyroid, to get rid of chalides, to improve sleep, etc.
So, excuse my Bulgarian manners.
You were clear, I was just trying to generate a chuckle.

I don't think you'll boost your typhoid this way, the opposite is more likely. If you want to go to these extremes, I suspect that you have to be getting plenty of other nutrients first and preferably induce a typhoid coma with enough external hormones to dispense its need (as if you had it removed). Then, the massive doses won't coincide with the stress of its normal function, and so the risk of harm is reduced.

Open toxicology book , part there

Last edited:
OP
Vinny

Vinny

You were clear, I was just trying to generate a chuckle.

I don't think you'll boost your typhoid this way, the opposite is more likely. If you want to go to these extremes, I suspect that you have to be getting plenty of other nutrients first and preferably induce a typhoid coma with enough external hormones to dispense its need (as if you had it removed). Then, the massive doses won't coincide with the stress of its normal function, and so the risk of harm is reduced.

Open toxicology book , part there
U,ve got a peculiar way to put things on, Amazoniac, but, nevertheles, u made me think one more time before to get myself go in this. Thank you.

ilhanxx

there are hundreds of people who use lugols in our discord groups, I dont hear anybody who get side effects from iodine. But lots of people improve their metabolism.

Jam

Hi,

1 drop of 10% Lugol's contains 12.64mg total iodine (5mg I2 + 10mg KI (7.64mg I-))

Jam

To use up all of your I2 (25g) and KI (50g) for a 10% solution, simply add them to 175ml of distilled water. This will give you a total volume of 250ml.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

To use up all of your I2 (25g) and KI (50g) for a 10% solution, simply add them to 175ml of distilled water. This will give you a total volume of 250ml.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom