T3 Increases Estrogen

meatbag

Yes you were the one who told me about urea. Great stuff. So you take A topically not internally and it's from supplement not liver?

Yeah I use the supplemental A topically and also eat liver. I seem to need a lot of A, I think there's posts on this forum of some people needing 100k i.u. for awhile to get rid of their dandruff

meatbag

T3 increases your need for nutrition, and failing to meet the higher needs will increase stress hormones, estrogen including.

It seems to also cause the body to use certain things more efficiently, or to not 'waste' them; like magnesium.

Saphire

zinc and vitamin A are both anti estrogenic. so it supports my theory that T3 increases estrogen
I am dealing with estrogen dominance symptoms badly. Do you know doseage recommendations for Vit A & zinc to help battle these symptoms?

Sagitarrius90

Vitamin a or retinoic acid acts as a t3 receptor. Without enough vitamin a t3 is useless because it needs to attach to the receptor to work its magic

mrchibbs

Vitamin a or retinoic acid acts as a t3 receptor. Without enough vitamin a t3 is useless because it needs to attach to the receptor to work its magic

Hey man that's super interesting, do you have some reading on that ?

Sagitarrius90

YouTube dr.osborne vitamin a crash course. Just fast forward until he writes down t3 super interesting stuff. It's on point because when I'm vitamin a defiency whilst taking t3 not only are my eyes dry skin dry etc but t3 has 0 effect. Add vitamin a and boom it works.

mrchibbs

YouTube dr.osborne vitamin a crash course. Just fast forward until he writes down t3 super interesting stuff. It's on point because when I'm vitamin a defiency whilst taking t3 not only are my eyes dry skin dry etc but t3 has 0 effect. Add vitamin a and boom it works.

I will go watch right away thanks! I just wrote a short article on my blog today with quotes about vitamin A and thyroid so this is really fascinating.

baccheion

How much vitamin A? Is it as high with more vitamin E?

Magnesium, vitamin K2 MK-4, iodine, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, etc also oppose estrogen.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@baccheion @mrchibbs @Nick Borcic @Saphire @meatbag @EIRE24 @michael94 @benaoao @sladerunner69 @Tenacity @Sobieski @Stramonium

guys extremely old thread now but thought i would update. ive finally worked out that regular B6 pyridoxine hydrochloride completely stops dandruff from t3. i think it was the missing link all along. i still believe it's estrogen related because B6 is necessary for the liver to metabolize and break down Estrogen. but i suspect i have pyroluria which is a genetic predisposition for low b6 which perhaps explains it.

interestingly p5p form of b6 does not work- ive tried various brands. it's just pyridoxine hydrochloride

J

jb116

@baccheion @mrchibbs @Nick Borcic @Saphire @meatbag @EIRE24 @michael94 @benaoao @sladerunner69 @Tenacity @Sobieski @Stramonium

guys extremely old thread now but thought i would update. ive finally worked out that regular B6 pyridoxine hydrochloride completely stops dandruff from t3. i think it was the missing link all along. i still believe it's estrogen related because B6 is necessary for the liver to metabolize and break down Estrogen. but i suspect i have pyroluria which is a genetic predisposition for low b6 which perhaps explains it.

interestingly p5p form of b6 does not work- ive tried various brands. it's just pyridoxine hydrochloride
This generally confirms the rebuttal on Burrs' experiment. They dropped pufa and metabolism went up increasing demand of resources. They of course concluded pufa is that necessary. Later it was shown that it was a B vit deficiency, with focus on B6 too. Lowering pufa is akin to taking T3 in the sense of increased metabolic rate.

JKX

You dont believe its possible that the additional t3 is increasing pregnenolone and progesterone and leading to a short term increase in blood estrogen levels? Have you done bloods?
Do you have gut issues? Malassezia is commonly found in large amounts on the scalp of those with dandruff.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

You dont believe its possible that the additional t3 is increasing pregnenolone and progesterone and leading to a short term increase in blood estrogen levels? Have you done bloods?
Do you have gut issues? Malassezia is commonly found in large amounts on the scalp of those with dandruff.
I suspect you're right. T3 directly increasing estrogen but I don't understand why taking things that increase cortisol, stop these estrogenic effects??

OP
ddjd

ddjd

i suspect vitamin d also very important

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Sorry wasn't trying to say that vitamin A isn't an anti estrogen or that thyroid would raise estrogen if too much is used or there is inadequate vitamin a is used, I'm really not sure and it would be interesting if it increased estrogen in your case.

I think pretty much most of the stuff Peat recommends would have some evidence of protecting the mitochondria, although I'm sure a person could find some studies indicating that they don't but we would need to consider the context. With the infographic I was just trying to showing that the thyroid needs things to support its actions. I was also using several things in addition to thyroid that reduce estrogen - caffeine, vit. K &D, niacinamide, etc. and it didn't go away until I used a lot of vitamin A. I actually scratched my head early and looked at my fingers and remembered there used to always be dandruff when I did that.

Anyway I don't necessarily disagree with your estrogen theory, not really sure, but I think the thyroid action as I indicated with the inforgraphic is helpful to think about.

Also I stopped noticing thyroid having a positive effect for awhile, when I added vitamin a it started to again (in terms of temp., pulse, and other stuff)
Meatbag,
This thread really hit home for me.
I have had dandruff for the last few months, which seems to have gotten worse since I started taking T3 1 mcg 3x a day about 2 months ago.
Also, I stopped taking powdered liver supplements about a year ago, when my Vit A lab studies came back at the top end of normal.
My only other Vit A source then was milk, which I also stopped drinking about a year ago.
- I have resumed milk in the last month, and resumed my liver supps the other day.
Also, I noticed that, when I took 5 drops of progestene the other night, it did NOT help me sleep, but it did make the skin on my legs much drier - I could literally feel the dryness taking place 30 minutes after the progestene. It was unmistakeable.
Maybe that was the progesterone being converted to estrogen. A truly bizarre feeling, that "wave" of dryness on my calves.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Meatbag,
This thread really hit home for me.
I have had dandruff for the last few months, which seems to have gotten worse since I started taking T3 1 mcg 3x a day about 2 months ago.
Also, I stopped taking powdered liver supplements about a year ago, when my Vit A lab studies came back at the top end of normal.
My only other Vit A source then was milk, which I also stopped drinking about a year ago.
- I have resumed milk in the last month, and resumed my liver supps the other day.
Also, I noticed that, when I took 5 drops of progestene the other night, it did NOT help me sleep, but it did make the skin on my legs much drier - I could literally feel the dryness taking place 30 minutes after the progestene. It was unmistakeable.
Maybe that was the progesterone being converted to estrogen. A truly bizarre feeling, that "wave" of dryness on my calves.
progesterone doesnt convert to estrogen. it does the complete opposite, it strongly opposes estrogen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals