T3 Increases Estrogen

ddjd

I've noticed every time I take T3 the dandruff on my scalp increases massively. I can go from no dandruff to lots of dandruff after just one drop of Tyronene,over the course of a few hours.

I've also noticed that methylene blue, calcium d glucarate, 5aDHP and lugols iodine all stop or reduce the dandruff very effectively. And they are all anti- estrogen supplements.

So i can only conclude that T3 is increasing my estrogen levels.

meatbag

I've noticed every time I take T3 the dandruff on my scalp increases massively. I can go from no dandruff to lots of dandruff after just one drop of Tyronene,over the course of a few hours.

I've also noticed that methylene blue, calcium d glucarate, 5aDHP and lugols iodine all stop or reduce the dandruff very effectively. And they are all anti- estrogen supplements.

I was still getting dandruff when I was using t3, supplementing with a lot of topical vitamin A cleared it up (i just rubbed it into my arms, legs chest, ect.) Also I ordered a case of oysters and eat a tin a week, I think that may have helped too. I'll note I was eating liver once every two weeks or so; it seems some need more vitamin a; zinc.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I was still getting dandruff when I was using t3, supplementing with a lot of topical vitamin A cleared it up (i just rubbed it into my arms, legs chest, ect.) Also I ordered a case of oysters and eat a tin a week, I think that may have helped too. I'll note I was eating liver once every two weeks or so; it seems some need more vitamin a; zinc.
zinc and vitamin A are both anti estrogenic. so it supports my theory that T3 increases estrogen

Stramonium

Vitamin A is probably being used more quickly, not necessarily estrogen producing per se

Tenacity

"Vitamin A deficiency is a common cause of dandruff."

"Yes, vitamin A and estrogen are antagonistic, and while estrogen promotes keratinization (shedding of skin cells), vitamin A opposes it. Since vitamin A is highly unsaturated, in excess it suppresses the thyroid, so it has to be balanced with the thyroid; the combination is effective for increasing progesterone and decreasing estrogen, slowing the turnover of skin cells, and making the skin cells function longer before flaking off. Plugged pores, combined with a local shift toward synthesizing inflammatory substances, foster bacterial infection. Bright light stimulates the production of steroids, and consumes vitamin A very quickly, but when the balance is right, the acne clears up in just a day or two. Cream, butter, eggs, and liver are good sources of vitamin A. When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly. It was acne and dandruff that led me into studying the steroids and thyroid, and in the process I found that they were related to constipation and food sensitivity."

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

meatbag

zinc and vitamin A are both anti estrogenic. so it supports my theory that T3 increases estrogen

I'm not really sure about that. I do think t3 increases the need for certain nutrients and that if those aren't available it could have negative effects. As analogy (maybe not the best), if you try to press the gas petal on your car but the engine is oiled up it cause problems, even if you have a full tank of gas.

Anyway, the vitamin A cleared up my dandruff, I hope you can figure your case out. If you get any blood work to show increased estrogen after using T3, please post

Tenacity

i dont understand. I'm saying Vitamin A reduces estrogen...
Vitamin A reduces estrogen, and T3 uses up vitamin A. So to the extent that T3 makes you vitamin A deficient, T3 is 'estrogenic', but there's nothing inherently estrogenic about T3.

meatbag

yeah I agree it's more complicated than 'estrogen'; this info-graphic is helpful;

Picture-22.png

sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I dont think dandruff is related to estrogen. Dandruff is simply cell turnover and could be affected by a lot of things, including metabolism. And those supplements that do work for your dandruff are not necessarilly anti estrogen either. Iodine lowers metabolism, says Peat. Methelene blue has been known to raise estrogen and serotonin for some people. The best way to know in my experience is by take note of how you feel. I can tell whem my estrogen is high because i feel sloppy and lazy and my libido goes down.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Methelene blue has been known to raise estrogen and serotonin for some people.
MB definitely can increase serotonin, I experience that. But it never increases estrogen in my experience.

All of those supplements are anti estrogen. i can dig up the studies.

yeah I agree it's more complicated than 'estrogen'; this info-graphic is helpful;

Picture-22.png
what are the best supplements for protecting the mitochondria?

meatbag

MB definitely can increase serotonin, I experience that. But it never increases estrogen in my experience.

All of those supplements are anti estrogen. i can dig up the studies.

what are the best supplements for protecting the mitochondria?

Sorry wasn't trying to say that vitamin A isn't an anti estrogen or that thyroid would raise estrogen if too much is used or there is inadequate vitamin a is used, I'm really not sure and it would be interesting if it increased estrogen in your case.

I think pretty much most of the stuff Peat recommends would have some evidence of protecting the mitochondria, although I'm sure a person could find some studies indicating that they don't but we would need to consider the context. With the infographic I was just trying to showing that the thyroid needs things to support its actions. I was also using several things in addition to thyroid that reduce estrogen - caffeine, vit. K &D, niacinamide, etc. and it didn't go away until I used a lot of vitamin A. I actually scratched my head early and looked at my fingers and remembered there used to always be dandruff when I did that.

Anyway I don't necessarily disagree with your estrogen theory, not really sure, but I think the thyroid action as I indicated with the inforgraphic is helpful to think about.

Also I stopped noticing thyroid having a positive effect for awhile, when I added vitamin a it started to again (in terms of temp., pulse, and other stuff)

benaoao

sounds like you'd benefit from ditching all supplements and medications since you're not an MD and studies aren't covering the bases required before dealing with those hormones.

So the best supplements for healthy mitochondria? Double dose of lean protein from all sources (wild caught fish, game meat, fat free dairy, plants, liver) to get all amino acids in high amounts, yams and other fibrous carbs but mostly tubers and fruits, coconut, olives.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

sounds like you'd benefit from ditching all supplements and medications since you're not an MD and studies aren't covering the bases required before dealing with those hormones.

So the best supplements for healthy mitochondria? Double dose of lean protein from all sources (wild caught fish, game meat, fat free dairy, plants, liver) to get all amino acids in high amounts, yams and other fibrous carbs but mostly tubers and fruits, coconut, olives.
Fat free dairy? I've not found many options!

EIRE24

Sorry wasn't trying to say that vitamin A isn't an anti estrogen or that thyroid would raise estrogen if too much is used or there is inadequate vitamin a is used, I'm really not sure and it would be interesting if it increased estrogen in your case.

I think pretty much most of the stuff Peat recommends would have some evidence of protecting the mitochondria, although I'm sure a person could find some studies indicating that they don't but we would need to consider the context. With the infographic I was just trying to showing that the thyroid needs things to support its actions. I was also using several things in addition to thyroid that reduce estrogen - caffeine, vit. K &D, niacinamide, etc. and it didn't go away until I used a lot of vitamin A. I actually scratched my head early and looked at my fingers and remembered there used to always be dandruff when I did that.

Anyway I don't necessarily disagree with your estrogen theory, not really sure, but I think the thyroid action as I indicated with the inforgraphic is helpful to think about.

Also I stopped noticing thyroid having a positive effect for awhile, when I added vitamin a it started to again (in terms of temp., pulse, and other stuff)
What vitamin A were you using topically?

meatbag

What vitamin A were you using topically?

Idealabs. Urea also works topically but doesn't address the underlying cause and it will just come back, but I think it can be addressed with thyroid and vitamin A.

EIRE24

Idealabs. Urea also works topically but doesn't address the underlying cause and it will just come back, but I think it can be addressed with thyroid and vitamin A.
Yes you were the one who told me about urea. Great stuff. So you take A topically not internally and it's from supplement not liver?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals