Is It Too Simple To Blame Everything On Fats And Oils ?

johnwester130

I am finding it difficult to convince a friend that oils may be the problem in our society.

He blames it on stressful living, depression and lack of sunlight (england) that we live under.

yerrag

It's hard work. How is his comprehension level? Is he open-minded? Does he have time to read at least one long Ray Peat article? I'd say most people don't fall into this category.

The only way they realize this truth is when they see someone they know get well using Ray Peat's principles. And their mind gets opened.

Or that he gets really so sick he can't make decisions, that someone educated in Ray Peat's principles take over, and get him back to health.

I say this from experience.

But learning Ray Peat is a huge investment in time and effort. There is no "Ray Peat for Dummies." And when you're into Ray Peat, you are "micromanaging" your health, and this is not a bad thing. Those who delegate their health to doctors, woe unto them.

Mufasa

I am finding it difficult to convince a friend that oils may be the problem in our society.

He blames it on stressful living, depression and lack of sunlight (england) that we live under.

But on a serious note. I think Ray Peat definitely believes that stressful living, and lack of sunlight are one of the most important reasons for health problems. I don't think Ray Peat blames everything on oils at all.

Ray Peat said:
Penetrating red light is possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor for all organisms. Chronic deficiency of such light is, I think, the best explanation for the deterioration that occurs with aging.

Be careful when you say "fats" because there are many who get annoyed if you don't point out what kind of "fats," though I myself do believe that even the "safer" fats should be limited as well. Cooking/condiment oils are probably the main factor in causing the number one killer; atherosclerosis/coronary artery disease, because of their breakdown products; acrolein, malondialdehyde, hydroxynonenal, crotonaldehyde, lipid peroxides, isoprostanes, prostaglandins, neuroprostanes, eicosanoids, and leuktotrienes. The "problem in our society" you speak of really only affects urban and to a lesser extent suburban living. There are millions who don't live in such settings so they don't have to deal with living with or near libtards. Of course nuclear war would affect everyone but it's best to live as far away from crazy people as you can.

I am finding it difficult to convince a friend

Don't waste your time. I wish I could take back all of the time and energy I've wasted. Not everyone is going to share the same interests as you. Spend time with that friend doing things that you both enjoy and don't talk to them about cooking oils, unless you both like to debate about the subject.

Last edited:

Herbie

Hes right about stressful living but how he perceives stress is from his own perspective.. Stress comes in many forms and is accumulative. Eating pufa is a way of stressful living from my perspective.

I decided to be healthy I was seeking answers, I think about longevity and decades ahead many people I've met only think to the weekend or to their next holiday. With all the headlines about disease in the media its easier to ignore it then to ask the question why is this happening and how can I prevent myself from becoming a horrible statistic.

Some people think oh that won't happen to me those people are just unfortunate but I think that could me be so I better learn and act in a way that prevents those chances.

I don't know how to just come in and change peoples minds, once someone believes something its hard to get them to take on a new idea.

People may think I'm vain for wanted to preserve the health of my body and not treat it like every other consumable item.

One of the first things people need to learn is reading food label's. There is a huge difference in the person who is seduced by the branding on the front of a label to the one who turns it around and goes straight to the ingredients list and knows what they are looking for.

Ive said this to someone recently who has a list of chronic health probelms and they plainly said well I don't want to have to read labels I just want to buy whatever I want, its too stressful to read every label.

Ive noticed many people have an idea of what they think is unhealthy and then attach guilt to those alleged unhealthy foods so they navigate their diet through avoiding guilt and only when they want something so much they eat it and then swim in guilt.

I eat things and if my body feels at ease for it then I feel at ease and if I eat something that makes my body feel dis-ease then I feel dis-eased and make decisions based on bodily reactions.

I think this is what the spiritual people mean by getting out of their head and into their body.

tomisonbottom

Yes, that's far too simplistic. PUFA may be the most important change a person can make, but lack of good sugars, lack of non-iodized salt, lack of sunlight, too much electronics, stressful living, sedentary living, too much phosphorus, not enough calcium, too much lactic acid and endurance exercise, too much estrogen in our environment (BPA, perfumes, plastics), toxic relationships, focus and obsession with negativity, lack of freedom, lack of mindful thinking and intentional living ALL affect our bodies

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals