Is Gluten The Cause

Ideonaut

Queequeg

That was a painful read but it is good to see how scientists can so easily manipulate the data to fit the conclusions they want. I think the American Gastroenterological Association wants to demonize gluten free diets so that they can increase business with not just gluten but also glyphosate related stomach issues. Monsanto influence may also be at play since there are a lot of Monsanto people throughout the government. A fine example of the medical industrial complex at work.

Last edited:

Nokoni

there are a lot of Monsanto people throughout the government
No doubt. But I would go further. For most analytical purposes, including economic analysis, it is appropriate to include both
(1) all highly regulated industries, and
(2) all industries for which government is the largest customer
as being part of government itself.

Only growth in the free market, (truly) private industry, voluntary exchange economy enhances the general welfare. (Indeed, if externalities are internalized, literally nobody is worse off.) And contrariwise, if business booms at Monsanto (or Big Pharma or Big Armaments or Big Pretty Much Anything Else), then most of us will be worse off (poisoned, blown up, etc.). So when you hear that the "private sector" grew such and such, it may actually mean that most of us will now suffer more.

tl;dr Monsanto IS the government :)

Queequeg

No doubt. But I would go further. For most analytical purposes, including economic analysis, it is appropriate to include both
(1) all highly regulated industries, and
(2) all industries for which government is the largest customer
as being part of government itself.

Only growth in the free market, (truly) private industry, voluntary exchange economy enhances the general welfare. (Indeed, if externalities are internalized, literally nobody is worse off.) And contrariwise, if business booms at Monsanto (or Big Pharma or Big Armaments or Big Pretty Much Anything Else), then most of us will be worse off (poisoned, blown up, etc.). So when you hear that the "private sector" grew such and such, it may actually mean that most of us will now suffer more.

tl;dr Monsanto IS the government :)
sounds like Fascism

Nokoni

Queequeg

Government-industry partnership is the euphemism preferred by our overlords.
yes of course. I need to get an updated copy of my Newspeak dictionary

Nokoni

Queequeg

People read 1984 and consider it dystopian.
Governments reads 1984 and consider it utopian, a how-to manual.
Same with Brave New World. And given Huxley's family connections to the ruling elite and his work with the CIA to promote LSD among other social engineering activities, I would say that a "how-to" was exactly his intention.

Nokoni

Same with Brave New World. And given Huxley's family connections to the ruling elite and his work with the CIA to promote LSD among other social engineering activities, I would say that a "how-to" was exactly his intention.
Hadn't thought of it with respect to Brave New World, haven't read it in ages, and know very little about Huxley, but you may well be right.

Nokoni

Today I happened across a quote from Huxley:
“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”

pledge_roman_salute.jpg

"Now show your love children. I pledge allegiance..."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals