Is Cheese As Healthy As Milk?

Pufa

Can you eat the cheese off of pizzas instead of drinking milk? I noticed Roddy does this.
Is the fat and tryptophan content a problem?

Tenacity

It's not as nutrient dense and it might be an issue for people trying to limit their fat intake.

redsun

Can you eat the cheese off of pizzas instead of drinking milk? I noticed Roddy does this.
Is the fat and tryptophan content a problem?

Cheese does not contain enough of the nutrients needed to oxidize the fat it contains. Its low in B2 relatively speaking compared to its fat content, almost no B3 or B5 or choline. So on its own its not good but if your diet is already very high in nutrients a few ounces of cheese a day shouldnt be problematic. It has a good amount of calcium, phosphorus, zinc which redeems it somewhat.

Cheese has less tryptophan, but, as was said above, the loss of minerals from the removal of the whey part is very significant. @Amazoniac made a thread about this topic.

OP
P

Pufa

Cheese does not contain enough of the nutrients needed to oxidize the fat it contains. Its low in B2 relatively speaking compared to its fat content, almost no B3 or B5 or choline. So on its own its not good but if your diet is already very high in nutrients a few ounces of cheese a day shouldnt be problematic. It has a good amount of calcium, phosphorus, zinc which redeems it somewhat.

I see. Cheese should be used more as a condiment than a main meal.

lvysaur

I have never felt good from eating cheese alone. Milk alone, absolutely fine.

OP
P

Pufa

I have never felt good from eating cheese alone. Milk alone, absolutely fine.

Ray says to drink a glass of OJ with every serving of cheese. I've never heard him say that with milk.

The lack of b- vitamins could increase homocysteine. Orange juice supplies some, but it still doesn't supply B12 though. Maybe eating a little piece of liver with your cheese could help with that. OJ+ cheese+ liver seems like a good combination.

Also, cheese lacks carbs, so maybe that's another reason Ray says to drink orange juice with cheese.

OP
P

Pufa

The lack of b- vitamins could increase homocysteine. Orange juice supplies some, but it still doesn't supply B12 though. Maybe eating a little piece of liver with your cheese could help with that. OJ+ cheese+ liver seems like a good combination.

Also, cheese lacks carbs, so maybe that's another reason Ray says to drink orange juice with cheese.

Duck liver pate or mouse combined with goat cheese is awesome. oj goes good with that.

Tenacity

Ray says to drink a glass of OJ with every serving of cheese. I've never heard him say that with milk.
Isn't that because the carbohydrate content in milk is lacking in cheese, and the OJ is used to prevent hypoglycemia from protein in cheese?

Aymen

i get histamine reactions when i eat cheese, even if it's fresh, i never tried raw though.

OP
P

Pufa

Isn't that because the carbohydrate content in milk is lacking in cheese, and the OJ is used to prevent hypoglycemia from protein in cheese?

Probably.. is that the same reason he drinks a glass of oj per egg?

Aymen

Probably.. is that the same reason he drinks a glass of oj per egg?
he said he needed a pint of orange juice to balance one egg.
in a meal aim to eat carbs and protein with ratio 1:1 and preferably 2:1.

OP
P

Pufa

he said he needed a pint of orange juice to balance one egg.
in a meal aim to eat carbs and protein with ratio 1:1 and preferably 2:1.

Didnt he say eggs in particular act very powerfully on insulin? Or is it all about the carb/protein ratio?

OP
P

Pufa

Trader Joe's has tasty mouse liver pate. Danny Roddy lives on it when stateside.

The ultimate is adding them to toast crackers with a little pickle.. but I stopped those since peat :/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals