Is Cheese As Healthy As Milk?

GeoX

The ultimate is adding them to toast crackers with a little pickle.. but I stopped those since peat :/

Good man! Crackers and pickles without blended milk and OJ are the "lipfuscin and iron" of mouse liver pate. Pshaw!

Last edited:

ddjd

I definitely get a much more estrogenic reaction to milk over cheese. long term if I had to choose one it would be cheese for that reason

Arnold Grape

Trader Joe's has tasty mouse liver pate. Danny Roddy lives on it when stateside.
Whoa, wut? I go to Trader Joe’s 2x weekly and never noticed this. I would not consume this with oj, though, unless you’re straight anemic

OP
P

Pufa

Whoa, wut? I go to Trader Joe’s 2x weekly and never noticed this. I would not consume this with oj, though, unless you’re straight anemic

Is drinking coffee the only thing that blocks absorption?

Aymen

Didnt he say eggs in particular act very powerfully on insulin? Or is it all about the carb/protein ratio?
both are true, here is the quote:
eggs where the chickens are fed corn and soy should be minimally consumed (for him 2 per week if that), and with one egg you need about 10 ounces of OJ to balance it (because egg protein is a powerful insulin activator).

Is drinking coffee the only thing that blocks absorption?
Calcium can inhibit the absorption of iron too. I think it applies to heme iron as well, but I'm not sure.

cheese also has no potassium. what do you guys think are the most important foods you need in addition to cheese to get the full spectrum of nutrients? i think potassium (from oj and potatoes), magnesium, what else?

OP
P

Pufa

cheese also has no potassium. what do you guys think are the most important foods you need in addition to cheese to get the full spectrum of nutrients? i think potassium (from oj and potatoes), magnesium, what else?

Liver n oyster cover almost everything

rob

@Pufa Think it depends on the quality of the milk/cheese in question. On cheese, grass-fed and unpasteurised options can boast high levels of the c9, t11 CLA isomer (great PPAR gamma activator) along with K2 and some interesting probiotic qualities.

calcium inhibits both heme and non-heme iron absorption, i think you need 300 mg of calcium ( ~1cup of milk) to do it.
Thanks for clarifying.

Ray suggests cheese and OJ? What about the Randle cycle? Or am I not clear on this?

OJ is partially glucose and regular cheese is like ~50% SFA (unless skim/low-fat). Is there a "safer" upper limit of mixing a certain ratio of carbs and fats together?

OP
P

Pufa

Ray suggests cheese and OJ? What about the Randle cycle? Or am I not clear on this?

OJ is partially glucose and regular cheese is like ~50% SFA (unless skim/low-fat). Is there a "safer" upper limit of mixing a certain ratio of carbs and fats together?

He doesn't recommend cheese as much as milk. But he says when he does eat cheese he drinks OJ with it. Yea try to keep higher sugar lower fat in general. But sometimes your gonna want to eat cheese, you dont need to be that strict.

He doesn't recommend cheese as much as milk. But he says when he does eat cheese he drinks OJ with it. Yea try to keep higher sugar lower fat in general. But sometimes your gonna want to eat cheese, you dont need to be that strict.

Yeah, true. I just notice that some people here are very conscious with eating carbs + fats together due to the Randle cycle, but Peat seems to be directly suggesting this with juice and cheese at the same time. I wonder where the paths might misalign or such between what Peat suggests and what others strictly avoid in general.

ExCarniv

When I think about Randle cycle I try to not stress about one meal with carbs and fats and keeping overall diet balanced and looking for the total daily and weekly amounts.

3 or 4 to 1 carbs to protein.
2 to 1 protein to fat.

Extremely low fat is detrimental and not natural.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals