Is Cannabis Peaty?

GorillaHead

whats the verdict on occasional cannabis use?

What would even qualify as occasional and how much if we are talking about herb.
Thanks !

Atman

upload_2019-6-7_12-43-1.png

My studies in the matter (and I don’t use or want to ever use it) is that its actions resemble progesterone. If you have tons of cannabis and you are male, your penis will shrink. I think this is one of those plants that isn’t estrogenic, but progesteronic.

But I don’t think it’s good to use it either.

milkboi

My studies in the matter (and I don’t use or want to ever use it) is that its actions resemble progesterone. If you have tons of cannabis and you are male, your penis will shrink. I think this is one of those plants that isn’t estrogenic, but progesteronic.

Wow, interesting.

paymanz

But any substance that shrinks penis is not necessarily progestronic!

cardochav

Ray Peat’s exact words when I asked but him about CBD via email. “I think the effects of CBD probably depend on how much polyunsaturated fat the person’s tissues have; the endogenous cannabinoids can increase inflammation, so the plant analog can be antiinflammatory by reducing that effect.”

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Well that answers that. Stay the **** away from cannabis lol

Sativa

Cannabinoids exist in a wide array of plants, including Beta Caryophyllene (a full activator of the 'CB2 receptor), in black pepper and cloves... and endocannabinoid enzyme
inhibitors, eg the FAAH inhibitor in black pepper; MAGL, COX-2, 5-LOX.
(btw, caffeine is an SSAO inhibitor, which translates to anti-inflammatory)

PUFAS act as precursors for endocannabinoids, so depending on intake levels, they can flood and desensitize the bodies endocannabinoid system, causing metabolic dysfunction etc.

Also there are countless P450 enzymes that process cannabinoids which play a role...eg CYP2D6 (see CYP2D6 - HerbPedia).

Worth mentioning that the researchers have discovered that mitochondria possess so-called 'CB1 receptors'.
Their research shows that THC 'interacts' with these 'receptor systems', which they claim have strong ties with mitochondrial function:
CB1,2; GPR55 & GPR119 (candidates for CB3&4), PPAR-gamma.
There's also the serotonin 5-HT1A (activation causes a dampening of other serotonin 'receptors'), GABA(B iirc), TRPV1/2/3 (hot & cold sensors), opioid.
-

Here's a nice extensive list of natural cannabinoids...

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2015/238482/

Who needs access to cannabis when you have many other options...

Last edited:

SOMO

Please post proof cannabis shrinks wang.

Seems like a ridiculous, unfounded statement from the bygone era of "reefer madness"

Sativa

Seems like potent endocannabinoids are inescapable...

Mead ethanolamide, a novel eicosanoid, is an agonist for the central (CB1) and peripheral (CB2) cannabinoid receptors.

The recently discovered endogenous agonist for the cannabinoid receptor, anandamide (arachidonylethanolamide), can be formed enzymatically by the condensation of arachidonic acid with ethanolamine.
5Z,8Z,11Z-Eicosatrienoic acid (mead acid) has been found to substitute for arachidonic acid in the sn-2 position of phospholipids and accumulate during periods of dietary fatty acid deprivation in rats. In the present study, the chemically synthesized ethanolamide of mead acid was evaluated as a potential agonist at the two known subtypes of cannabinoid receptor: CB1 (central) and CB2 (peripheral). This compound was equipotent to anandamide..."
Mead ethanolamide, a novel eicosanoid, is an agonist for the central (CB1) and peripheral (CB2) cannabinoid receptors. - PubMed - NCBI

Jing

Lol cannabis doesn't shrink your penis.. where did you hear this?

I'm a chronic ganja consumer since over a decade, here are some of my thoughts about it:

Acute cannabis cosumption raises cortisol (so it's basically very "unpeaty"). That's probably why so many people with a post-traumatic stress disease consume cannabis. Traumatized people have low baseline cortisol, which I think results in the unability to handle stressful situations. Extreme stresses can even result in psychopathic behaviour. Cannabis may relieve that. BUT chronic cannabis consumption blunts the cortisol reaction to stressful events, which then again may even enhance the unability to handle stress appropriately. So I think chronic use might even worsen stress diseases over time!

Nevertheless, cannabis inhibits Oxytocin, Vasopressin, Prolactin. If one of these is elevated, cannabis might help with that. (But I don't know about possibly different effects on these between seldom acute and chronic use!)

If you have tons of cannabis and you are male, your penis will shrink. I think this is one of those plants that isn’t estrogenic, but progesteronic.

I can't confirm this about penis size. At least not for erected measures. I have an average erected lenght and above average girth and that hasn't changed, hehe. But: Sometimes, when I smoke VERY much, I think it decreases my testicle volume. But I'm not sure about that, could be some weird kind of stoner paranoia, lol.

I'm baked right now, like every evening, but if anything else should come to my mind, I'll let you know...

Effects of Cannabis extract on the response of accessory sex organs of adult male mice to... - Abstract - Europe PMC

Cannabis extract caused a marked reduction in the body weight and in the weights of seminal vesicles, ventral prostate, epididymis, preputial gland and perineal complex (Penis and its bulb and levator ani muscle) of castrated adult male mice. Cannabis extract administration in combination with testosterone propionate (TP) inhibited growth stimulation produced by TP alone. Anti-androgenic nature of the compound is suggested.

And
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7150/6dad98bf9ab290dd9e6c5fbd1d3168477ac7.pdf
This well-conducted population-based case-control study on the effects of marijuana use on reproductive organs pro- vided data on 75 male respondents, which allowed us to examine adverse effects it has on male reproductive organ. An association was observed between marijuana use and the occurrence of urological and reproductive dysfunctions; infertility, excess breast development (gynecomastia), marked diminished size in the testes (scrotal shrinking), and testicular cancer, showing a linkage between nonseminoma, an aggressive case that is idiosyncratic to cannabis which tends to strike younger men and accounts for 40 per cent of reproductive and urologic dysfunction. Even in the absence of any symptoms, the authors suggest that a decision to smoke marijuana recreationally is taking a chance with one’s future health.

Serum testosterone levels in Nigerian male marijuana and cigarette smokers. | Okosun | Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research

Serum testosterone levels in Nigerian male marijuana and cigarette smokers.
RE Okosun, HB Osadolor, O Uso, EM Adu

Abstract

The effects of marijuana and cigarette use on serum levels of testosterone, the principal androgen in man has been a matter of serious controversy; and there is a paucity of reports on the subject in Nigeria in West Africa south of Sahara. We therefore investigated the effects of the use of these substances on serum levels of testosterone in young adult Nigerian males. Serum testosterone was estimated using enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) on micro plate format in 169 Nigerian males (ages 18 – 35); 55 of whom were marijuana smokers, 62 cigarette smokers and 52 age – matched never – smokers who served as controls. Results show a significantly decreased (p<0.05) serum testosterone in marijuana smokers (5.33± 2.8ng/ml) compared with controls (8.5±2.4ng/ml). The testosterone level of cigarette smokers (5.4±1.5ng/ml) was similar (p>0.05) to that of marijuana users but significantly lower than that of the control group. The Body Mass Index (BMI) of marijuana smokers (29.5±8.07kg/m2) was significantly higher (p<0.05) than that of cigarette smokers (22.8±2.08kg/m2) and non-smokers (23.2±2.39kg/m2) but no significant difference was observed between cigarette smokers and non-smokers. There was a strong positive relationship between serum testosterone levels and duration (r=0.63, p<0.05) as well as frequency (wraps/day), (r=0.48, p<0.05) of marijuana use. We conclude that smoking of marijuana or cigarette has depressive effects on serum testosterone concentration in males and that this could be a factor in male infertility and therefore, should not be ignored in the investigation of infertility in males, especially those presenting with borderline fertility potentials. The campaign against the use of these substances should be intensified by government and other relevant agencies.

I can’t find the study but it is there...it stands to reason based upon effects on male androgens and the rat study.

Occasional use should not be a problem but chronic use of potent cannabis could be a problem indeed.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

The fact it inhibits oxytocin really puts me off. Oxytocin is the confidence hormone. I need that!

Stramonium

Cannabis has none of the benefits of Progesterone, while Progesterone relaxes you and makes you sleep Cannabis always puts me in this alert mode and whenever I'm falling asleep I jump back awake literally, it increases your cortisol and its known to induce psychosis. I know from close friends it can make your anxiety a lot worse

Pulstar

I don't remember Ray mentioning weed. Tried it few times. 90% of my experience is negative. I would never advise it to an anxious or sensitive person. That alone means it's not for everyone and could be dangerous. I have absolutely no desire trying it again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals