Aspirin and muscle strength and growth

db9

I know these has been discussed multiple times but what is the “final” verdict for non elderly people?

Multiple anecdotal accounts of aspirin being positive for muscle strength and growth then other accounts both anecdotal and scientific accounting for negative results.

Personally I have very mixed results but I don’t any longer if I would account my strength gains any longer to aspirin as I started doing a lot of things simultaneously and later stopped and aspirin didn’t help any longer to regain all the strength I once had when I first started using it. And I’m talking about doubling my numbers in bench press reps wise.

Please chime in with your experience.

RollingStone

I know these has been discussed multiple times but what is the “final” verdict for non elderly people?

Multiple anecdotal accounts of aspirin being positive for muscle strength and growth then other accounts both anecdotal and scientific accounting for negative results.

Personally I have very mixed results but I don’t any longer if I would account my strength gains any longer to aspirin as I started doing a lot of things simultaneously and later stopped and aspirin didn’t help any longer to regain all the strength I once had when I first started using it. And I’m talking about doubling my numbers in bench press reps wise.

Please chime in with your experience.
The science, like you said, shows negative effects.

The effects are probably small enough that I'd imagine even 100s of anecdotal reports would not be very enlightening, as there would be too many other larger factors or variables involved in muscle and strength gains like sleep, diet, stress, focus in the gym

OP
D

db9

The science, like you said, shows negative effects.

The effects are probably small enough that I'd imagine even 100s of anecdotal reports would not be very enlightening, as there would be too many other larger factors or variables involved in muscle and strength gains like sleep, diet, stress, focus in the gym
Yeah I’d have to agree with that as when I was the strongest I was taking aspirin daily but I would account it to that.

Israelibacon

With anti-inflammatory agents such as Aspirin (like Vitamin C, NAC), I notice an initial decrease in strength and then a rebound.
Anecdotally, I believe the mind psychologically gets adapts to the inflammation, but sometimes that adaptation is incorrect, leads to muscle stabilizer imbalances and poor coordination.
For example, not as strong as Aspirin, but I started taking 4-6 grams of Vitamin C with 1g sandwiched on each end of the workout. After months of inflammation and tightness, I can finally squat ****-to-grass with knees fully extended without sleeves or pain.

So I am not discounting the science, but these studies showing a negative effect are on "healthy" populations. They don't consider or factor in that most people are dealing with some sort of stress in their lives (marital, financial, employment, etc) and that depending on that specific person, anti-inflammatories may actually be beneficial if it allows the subject to train competently and effectively.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals