Dealing With Chronic Pain

mentaltriad

34 yr. old male. I have been dealing with chronic spine and neural pain all my life due to congenital issues. This has had a systemic effect on my health via stress, depression, fatigue, and probably hypothyroid (haven't been tested).

I have been prescribed tramadol, but refuse to take it due to its negative effects (anxiety, lethargy).

Cannabis works pretty well, but its illegal.

I have been on NSAIDS off and on all my life. Currently, I have been taking the powdered aspirin, sometimes as much as 1 g/day.

Questions: Is long-term 1 g/day aspirin safe? (I know about supplementing k2).
Is ibuprofen safe? It seems to work better than aspirin.
What are the negative effects of cannabis, especially in the context that my other option is chronic pain?

What are the healthiest things I can do or take to help deal with this crap?

i'm sure it is safe for 1g/aspirin per day. Ibuprofen works much better than aspirin. Maybe not so good in the longer run though, for the gut and the kidnesy.

I tell you what. Check out Open Focus for pain. Dr. Fehme's work. It's amazing. Very helpful in not needing anything.

The brain WIRES to feeling more and more pain. The solution is to rewire the brain and Dr. Fehmi's work accomplishes that.

equusvult

34 yr. old male. I have been dealing with chronic spine and neural pain all my life due to congenital issues. This has had a systemic effect on my health via stress, depression, fatigue, and probably hypothyroid (haven't been tested).

I have been prescribed tramadol, but refuse to take it due to its negative effects (anxiety, lethargy).

Cannabis works pretty well, but its illegal.

I have been on NSAIDS off and on all my life. Currently, I have been taking the powdered aspirin, sometimes as much as 1 g/day.

Is ibuprofen safe? It seems to work better than aspirin.
What are the negative effects of cannabis, especially in the context that my other option is chronic pain?

What are the healthiest things I can do or take to help deal with this crap?
A girlfriend of mine with pretty bad chronic pain has had much success with low dose naltrexone. She cant take opiates and is very sensitive to most other meds and supplements, but LDN has very few side effects and she tolerates it well. As far as I know it is not a cure, but as she says, relieves her from the stress of the pain or gives her a break from the pain and inflammation, giving her the time and freedom to heal through a peatish diet.. Her ailments are as follows: Chronic fatigue, herniated disk, endometrioses, migraines and lymes disease.. Post script: I have been taking at least 1 gram of aspirin w/vit.k for a couple of years with no problems, and cannabis I think might be estrogenic , but some people swear by it..

tara

Sorry you've been having such a rough time of it. I sure believe chronic pain can take a toll on other aspects of health.
If you want to get a rough idea of how your general metabolism/thyroid function are going, you can monitor body temps and resting heart-rate.

Seems as though it can be OK for many people, but not everyone responds the same way to everything. In addition to vit-K, some people dissolve aspirin with a little baking soda, and or take with glycine, and/or with meals rather than empty stomach, to reduce the risk of unwanted effects. Combining aspirin with caffeine/coffee can make it a more effective pain-reliever for many (but personally I haven't worked it out with coffee).

I find ibuprofen more effective for pain than aspirin too. I'm a bit wary for taking large amounts long term. These days I do take highish doses of ibuprofen here and there but not every day. I had a period of taking it continuously for a while years back, too.

I don't know how much improvement you can get if there is structural damage, but I think CO2 is calming and progesterone is protective for nerves. Have you experimented at all with CO2-raising techniques?

PakPik

Progesterone is amazing for pain, but since you're a man it usually is not recommend it for daily use (unless it is an emergency situation, of course.)
Topical magnesium has also been a great aid for my chronic pain and nerve damage, and for healing in general.
I have been using aspirin as Sodium Acetylsalicylate (carries way less stomach risk than aspirin) for over 1 year (that's the reaction of aspirin with baking soda), 1-4 grams daily and it has helped my system through chronic pain and degenerative conditions. I am in a much much better shape now. I am deeply grateful for that substance.
Niacinamide is another awesome substance for nerve protection and general body resistance to stress. I love it.

I hope you get to find some relief :)