Post your cannabis & cannabis compound testimonials here!

Skeletonkey

My grandma was diagnosed with myelofibrosis several years ago. We drove down to Florida and bought $5,000 worth of Rick Simpson oil from some trusted family friends who had cured the wife's cancer with the stuff. I believe she had breast cancer. She took therapeutic doses and then maintenance doses. We were hopeful then but it doesn't seem to have changed anything physiologically except for it allows her to get sleep without pain and have pain relief, which really is worth a lot, she ended up on jakafi anyways, maybe the cannabis prolonged the time she had without taking the meds. She's in her 70s and has probably had this fibrotic bone marrow disease for sometime. The first time she tried the cannabis, my grandpa almost called an ambulance because she had a major panic attack, neither of them had ever tried it before. She's a little women- 5'1, about 100 lbs. After she got used to it, it was okay. She doesn't really like the way it makes her feel but loves the pain relief. My grandpa takes small doses sometimes and it helps his blood pressure. She has her medical card, and that's how she gets it in Ohio. But prefers to get the homemade stuff because the dispensary stuff is crap.
I had taken it recreationally for years but I smoked it which probably wasn't great for my estrogen dominance. I don't take it much anymore, my husband takes edible gummies for pain relief and sleep.
He had a surgery and they prescribed him an opioid for it. He avoided the opioid and just took the cannabis and did just fine. ☺️

Grapelander

My grandma was diagnosed with myelofibrosis several years ago. We drove down to Florida and bought $5,000 worth of Rick Simpson oil from some trusted family friends who had cured the wife's cancer with the stuff. I believe she had breast cancer. She took therapeutic doses and then maintenance doses. We were hopeful then but it doesn't seem to have changed anything physiologically except for it allows her to get sleep without pain and have pain relief, which really is worth a lot, she ended up on jakafi anyways, maybe the cannabis prolonged the time she had without taking the meds. She's in her 70s and has probably had this fibrotic bone marrow disease for sometime. The first time she tried the cannabis, my grandpa almost called an ambulance because she had a major panic attack, neither of them had ever tried it before. She's a little women- 5'1, about 100 lbs. After she got used to it, it was okay. She doesn't really like the way it makes her feel but loves the pain relief. My grandpa takes small doses sometimes and it helps his blood pressure. She has her medical card, and that's how she gets it in Ohio. But prefers to get the homemade stuff because the dispensary stuff is crap.
I had taken it recreationally for years but I smoked it which probably wasn't great for my estrogen dominance. I don't take it much anymore, my husband takes edible gummies for pain relief and sleep.
He had a surgery and they prescribed him an opioid for it. He avoided the opioid and just took the cannabis and did just fine. ☺️
I think we need more research into seeded plants; and use of raw male plant and pollen.
When I started smoking the product (1977 Columbian Gold) it was fill of seeds - but still worked effectively and had a long-term effect.
If "the homemade stuff" means outdoor grown; then that is my preference also.

Grapelander

My fav terpene is probably linalool
Linalool looks like good 5G protection - just keep smoking while the bodies pile up around you.
VIII. Anticonvulsant properties of linalool
Linalool is a monoterpene compound, commonly found as major component of essential oils of several aromatic species, many of which are used traditionally as sedatives. Psychopharmacological evaluation of linalool in mice revealed that this compound has dose-dependent marked sedative effects at the CNS, including protection against pentylenetetrazol, picrotoxin, quinolinic acid and electroshock-induced convulsions, hypnotic, and hypothermic properties.55 Relevant to its mechanism of action, linalool behaves as a competitive antagonist of glutamate, and as a non-competitive antagonist of NMDA receptors in brain cortical membranes; additionally, linalool reduces potassium-stimulated (but not basal) glutamate release.

:smokingcrack Interfering with multiple mechanisms that underlie seizures may be necessary to effectively counteract epileptic phenomena, and developing drugs that differentially affect normal and hyperexcitable neurons has been postulated to spare normal excitatory function. Therefore, the fact that anticonvulsant effects of linalool can be attributed to both an inhibition of potassium-stimulated (but not basal) glutamate release in cortical synaptosomes, and antagonism of NMDA receptors, deserves further investigation as a strategy for antiepileptic-drug development.

Demyze

Anyone else experienced benefits from cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds, such as cannabinoids, terpenes, or flavonoids?

Here are a few of mine:

Better sleep from 7:1 (CBD:THC) edibles

Since CBD opposes some of THC's action on the brain's CB1 receptors, a 7:1 product isn't super psychotropic. It is, however, super relaxing. Cannabis edibles are the only thing that's allowed me to wake up feeling refreshed and energized each morning (normally I'm kind of groggy for an hour or so).

Parasite die-off from eating raw cannabis

Eating raw cannabis gives one access to 'raw' cannabinoids like CBDa and THCa. I believe Dr. Peat has spoken favourably about CBDa when asked.

Raw cannabis tastes spicey, in large part due to its terpene content; many of these terpenes are anti-parasitical in nature. This practice is common among some tribal groups.

Pain relief with topical cannabis

A strong topical cream is great for pain relief. I use one for muscle recovery or small injuries. THC tends to absorb better thru the skin than CBD does, and it also has stronger painkilling effects thanks to its affinity to TRPV1 receptors (the same ones that sense heat), so I stick with THC-heavy topicals.

Increased concentration from linalool-heavy cannabis cultivars

Cannabis strains high in linalool (the lavender terpene) are somewhat rare, but if you can acquire one, you might find it excellent for focus. Purple-hued strains are sometimes a good source. I like 'microdosing' such strains via vape pen if extra creativity and/or concentration is needed.
Cannibals is terrible for you, it is highly serotonergic and very estrogenic
Marijuana May Cause Psychosis/schizophrenia By Increasing Serotonin Signalling

Also it's used by intelligence to make people stupid

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/lilyslynch/status/1490323773085601792

ursidae

Haven't experimented with cannabis myself but just spent 6 months living with a heavy user (all day, every single day). His memory was severely impaired by it, a very rigid and routine oriented individual, somewhat inconsiderate and quite cold and detached. Displayed many autistic traits that got worse the more he smoked. Started showing signs of depersonalisation and psychosis eventually. Rapid progression of MPB at a very young age, prolactin was likely jacked up. Allegedly heterosexual, but extremely feminised in mannerisms, only able to emotionally connect with other males, somewhat genderless in appearance and with zero sexual appeal/presence/drive. In the very brief moments when he wasn't stoned, demeanour was more androgenic and assertive. Ive noticed cannabis attracts androgynous people, it greatly increases pregnenolone in the brain in a hormetic manner (competing with THC for binding)

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Cannibals is terrible for you, it is highly serotonergic and very estrogenic
Agreed that no one benefits from having cannibals around :):

And also don't doubt that isolated THC can be harmful.

But what about whole-plant substances or extracts?

They work much differently than isolates do.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Linalool looks like good 5G protection - just keep smoking while the bodies pile up around you.
VIII. Anticonvulsant properties of linalool
Linalool is a monoterpene compound, commonly found as major component of essential oils of several aromatic species, many of which are used traditionally as sedatives. Psychopharmacological evaluation of linalool in mice revealed that this compound has dose-dependent marked sedative effects at the CNS, including protection against pentylenetetrazol, picrotoxin, quinolinic acid and electroshock-induced convulsions, hypnotic, and hypothermic properties.55 Relevant to its mechanism of action, linalool behaves as a competitive antagonist of glutamate, and as a non-competitive antagonist of NMDA receptors in brain cortical membranes; additionally, linalool reduces potassium-stimulated (but not basal) glutamate release.

:smokingcrack Interfering with multiple mechanisms that underlie seizures may be necessary to effectively counteract epileptic phenomena, and developing drugs that differentially affect normal and hyperexcitable neurons has been postulated to spare normal excitatory function. Therefore, the fact that anticonvulsant effects of linalool can be attributed to both an inhibition of potassium-stimulated (but not basal) glutamate release in cortical synaptosomes, and antagonism of NMDA receptors, deserves further investigation as a strategy for antiepileptic-drug development.
Ooh good find!

Perhaps the same mechanisms that made cannabis compounds great for epileptic patients in the past make it good for any 5G-world-dweller now.

Demyze

It has some good effects but the effects of the endocannabinoid system being chronically activated are negative and animal and human experiemtbs show it has negative effects on reproductive health (due to its estrogenicity), increases cortisol, and serotonin:

Chronic marijuana use negatively impacts male reproductive health, may decrease testicular function

The relationship between cannabis use and cortisol levels in youth at ultra high-risk for psychosis - PubMed

Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies - PubMed

Cannabinoid-induced hormone changes in monkeys and rats - PubMed

Male Long Evans rats were injected subcutaneously with the psychoactive component of marijuana Δ 9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The marijuana extract, THC, was observed to stimulate the development of rat breast tissue, which is consistent with the clinical findings. Marijuana's endocrine role is substantiated by these experiments and by the findings of diminished plasma testosterone levels in long term marijuana users.
Marijuana induced gynecomastia: clinical and laboratory experience

Last edited:

Grapelander

Blue Dream, Shark Shock, Pineapple Express, Citrus Sap, Double Dream, Grape Ape, Frank's Gift, Vanilla Kush, Critical Cheese, Cherry Limeade, White Fire OG (WiFi OG), Blue Haze, and Blueberry are all strains high in pinene.
Alpha-Pinene
α-Pinene represents a member of the monoterpene class and is highly distributed in higher plants like conifers, Juniper ssp. and Cannabis ssp. α-Pinene has been used to treat respiratory tract infections for centuries.

Antibacterial
Utegenova et al. (2018)
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; Streptococcus pyogenes
Yang et al. (2015)
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Methicillin-gentamicin resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Streptococcus pneumoniae
Klebsiella pneumoniae
Haemophilus influenzae
Escherichia coli

Antifungal
Nobrega et al. (2020)
Candida albicans
Candida parapsilosis
Candida tropicalis

Anti-leishmania
Rodrigues et al. (2015)
Leishmania amazonensis promastigote forms
Leishmania amazonensis axenic amastigotes
Leishmania amazonensis intracellular amastigotes

Anti-inflammatory
Karthikeyan et al. (2018)
Inhibition of inflammatory mediators (NF-κB, TNF-α and IL-6) in UVA-induced oxidative stress in HaCaT cells Suppression of MAPKs, NF-κB in lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in mouse peritoneal macrophages, Inhibition of iNOS and COX-2
Kim et al. (2015)

Antioxidative
Bouzenna et al. (2017)
IEC-6 cells Inhibition of generation of ROS, lipid peroxidation and DNA damage in UVA-induced oxidative stress in HaCaT cells

Neuroprotective
Lee et al. (2017)
Increased mRNA expression of choline acetyltransferase (cortex) and protein expression of antioxidant enzymes (heme oxygenase-1 and manganese superoxide dismutase) in C57BL/6 mice. Reduction of the symptoms of Parkinson's disease in rats with 100 and 200 mg/kg: improved movement disorder (p < 0.05) and avoidance memory (p < 0.01 and p < 0.001)
Goudarzi and Rafieirad (2017)
50 and 100 mg/kg: neuroprotective effect in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. Decreased neuro-inflammation by decreased gene and protein expression of TNF-α and IL-1β in hippocampus, cortex and striatum
Khoshnazar et al. (2020)Anticonvulsant and antioxidant effect in a rat model of pentylenetetrazol (PTZ)-induced convulsions: Delay of initiation time, reduction of the duration of myoclonic and tonic-clonic seizures, decreased concentration of malondialdehyde and hydrogen peroxide and increased concentration of catalase and peroxidase
Zamyad et al. (2019)

Gastroprotective
Pinheiro et al. (2015)
Significant (p < 0.05) antiulcerogenic activity: increased gastric wall mucus. Correlation between α-pinene concentration and gastroprotective effect of Hyptis species

Antiapoptotic
Khoshnazar et al. (2020)
Regulation of apoptotic genes (Bax/Bcl-2) expression in cortex, hippocampus, striatum and human skin epidermal keratinocytes. Prevention of UVA-induced mitochondrial membrane potential by modulating Bax/Bcl-2 expression in human skin epidermal keratinocytes (HaCaT cells)

Apoptotic
Matsuo et al. (2011)
Disruption of mitochondrial potential, production of ROS, activation of caspase-3, aggregation of heterochromatin, DNA fragmentation, exposure of phosphatidyl serine on cell surface in B16F10-Nex2 cells (murine melanoma cell line). Increased concentration of caspase-3 in human ovary cell lines (PA-1)
Hou et al. (2019)

Antitumor
Chen et al. (2014)
Inhibition of hepatoma carcinoma BEL-7402 cells proliferation by cell cycle arrest in G2/M phase (IC50: 8.4 mM). Inhibition of hepatoma carcinoma BEL-7402 cell growth by cell cycle arrest in G2/M phase (inhibitory rate in vitro: 79.3 %, in vivo: 69.1 %), upregulation of Chk1 and Chk2 levels, downregulation of CDC25 and CDK1 levels
Chen et al. (2015)
Inhibition of cycle progression from G2 to M phase in human ovary cell lines (PA-1)
Hou et al. (2019)

Antimetastatic
Matsuo et al. (2011)
In vivo melanoma metastatic assay with B16F10-Nex2cells: significantly reduced lung colonization (p < 0.01)

Insecticidal
Langsi et al. (2020)
Contact toxicity on Sitophilus zeamais after 14 days.

Nematicidal
Wang et al. (2019)
Correlation of mortality rate with α-pinene concentration after fumigation over 48 h

Antibacterial
Da Silva et al. (2012)
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus aureus
de Sousa Eduardo et al. (2018)
Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus.
Loziene et al. (2018)

Antifungal
Da Silva et al. (2012)
Candida albicans; Cryptococcus neoformans; Rhizopus oryzae; Candida parapsilosis
Nikitina et al. (2009)
Rhodotorula rubra; Candida kruzei; Penicillium chrysogenum; Candida albicans
Loziene et al. (2018)
Candida parapsilosis; Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus fumigatus; Trichophyton mentagrophytes; Trichophyton rubrum

Antimalarial
van Zyl et al. (2006)
Chloroquine-resistant strain of Plasmodium falciparum

Anti-inflammatory
Rufino et al. (2014)

Chondroprotective
Inhibition of IL-1β induced NF-κB and JNK activation, decreased genes expression of iNOS and MMP-1 and -13 in human chondrocytes

Antiviral
Yang et al. (2011b)
Inhibition of infectious bronchitis virus (IBV)

Neuroprotective
Miyazawa and Yamafuji (2005)
Inhibition of acetylcholinesterase of bovine erythrocytes

alpha-p.jpg

P

PointOutside

Anyone else experienced benefits from cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds, such as cannabinoids, terpenes, or flavonoids?

Here are a few of mine:

Better sleep from 7:1 (CBD:THC) edibles

Since CBD opposes some of THC's action on the brain's CB1 receptors, a 7:1 product isn't super psychotropic. It is, however, super relaxing. Cannabis edibles are the only thing that's allowed me to wake up feeling refreshed and energized each morning (normally I'm kind of groggy for an hour or so).

Parasite die-off from eating raw cannabis

Eating raw cannabis gives one access to 'raw' cannabinoids like CBDa and THCa. I believe Dr. Peat has spoken favourably about CBDa when asked.

Raw cannabis tastes spicey, in large part due to its terpene content; many of these terpenes are anti-parasitical in nature. This practice is common among some tribal groups.

Pain relief with topical cannabis

A strong topical cream is great for pain relief. I use one for muscle recovery or small injuries. THC tends to absorb better thru the skin than CBD does, and it also has stronger painkilling effects thanks to its affinity to TRPV1 receptors (the same ones that sense heat), so I stick with THC-heavy topicals.

Increased concentration from linalool-heavy cannabis cultivars

Cannabis strains high in linalool (the lavender terpene) are somewhat rare, but if you can acquire one, you might find it excellent for focus. Purple-hued strains are sometimes a good source. I like 'microdosing' such strains via vape pen if extra creativity and/or concentration is needed.
I've been smoking marijuana on and off for four years. I'll usually smoke nightly for a few months then take a few months off. I also purposely smoke less than a quarter of a joint to keep my tolerance low.

For me it's the ultimate sleep aid although I don't need anything to induce sleep anymore as my health improved. It helps me think about things from very different angles and will sometimes give me very introspective thoughts. I know that some can get unmotivated when high but I find it helps me study but only specific subjects. I remember smoking while studying for calc exams.

Also, the enjoyment of my high is heavily tied to my metabolic state. In poor metabolism I find myself getting lazy and wanting to watch movies. But now I can get high and be incredibly productive.

Demyze

Blue Dream, Shark Shock, Pineapple Express, Citrus Sap, Double Dream, Grape Ape, Frank's Gift, Vanilla Kush, Critical Cheese, Cherry Limeade, White Fire OG (WiFi OG), Blue Haze, and Blueberry are all strains high in pinene.
Alpha-Pinene
α-Pinene represents a member of the monoterpene class and is highly distributed in higher plants like conifers, Juniper ssp. and Cannabis ssp. α-Pinene has been used to treat respiratory tract infections for centuries.

Antibacterial
Utegenova et al. (2018)
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; Streptococcus pyogenes
Yang et al. (2015)
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Methicillin-gentamicin resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Streptococcus pneumoniae
Klebsiella pneumoniae
Haemophilus influenzae
Escherichia coli

Antifungal
Nobrega et al. (2020)
Candida albicans
Candida parapsilosis
Candida tropicalis

Anti-leishmania
Rodrigues et al. (2015)
Leishmania amazonensis promastigote forms
Leishmania amazonensis axenic amastigotes
Leishmania amazonensis intracellular amastigotes

Anti-inflammatory
Inhibition of inflammatory mediators (NF-κB, TNF-α and IL-6) in UVA-induced oxidative stress in HaCaT cells Suppression of MAPKs, NF-κB in lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in mouse peritoneal macrophages, Inhibition of iNOS and COX-2
Kim et al. (2015)

Antioxidative
Bouzenna et al. (2017)
IEC-6 cells Inhibition of generation of ROS, lipid peroxidation and DNA damage in UVA-induced oxidative stress in HaCaT cells

Neuroprotective
Lee et al. (2017)
Increased mRNA expression of choline acetyltransferase (cortex) and protein expression of antioxidant enzymes (heme oxygenase-1 and manganese superoxide dismutase) in C57BL/6 mice. Reduction of the symptoms of Parkinson's disease in rats with 100 and 200 mg/kg: improved movement disorder (p < 0.05) and avoidance memory (p < 0.01 and p < 0.001)
Goudarzi and Rafieirad (2017)
50 and 100 mg/kg: neuroprotective effect in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. Decreased neuro-inflammation by decreased gene and protein expression of TNF-α and IL-1β in hippocampus, cortex and striatum
Khoshnazar et al. (2020)Anticonvulsant and antioxidant effect in a rat model of pentylenetetrazol (PTZ)-induced convulsions: Delay of initiation time, reduction of the duration of myoclonic and tonic-clonic seizures, decreased concentration of malondialdehyde and hydrogen peroxide and increased concentration of catalase and peroxidase
Zamyad et al. (2019)

Gastroprotective
Pinheiro et al. (2015)
Significant (p < 0.05) antiulcerogenic activity: increased gastric wall mucus. Correlation between α-pinene concentration and gastroprotective effect of Hyptis species

Antiapoptotic
Khoshnazar et al. (2020)
Regulation of apoptotic genes (Bax/Bcl-2) expression in cortex, hippocampus, striatum and human skin epidermal keratinocytes. Prevention of UVA-induced mitochondrial membrane potential by modulating Bax/Bcl-2 expression in human skin epidermal keratinocytes (HaCaT cells)

Apoptotic
Matsuo et al. (2011)
Disruption of mitochondrial potential, production of ROS, activation of caspase-3, aggregation of heterochromatin, DNA fragmentation, exposure of phosphatidyl serine on cell surface in B16F10-Nex2 cells (murine melanoma cell line). Increased concentration of caspase-3 in human ovary cell lines (PA-1)
Hou et al. (2019)

Antitumor
Chen et al. (2014)
Inhibition of hepatoma carcinoma BEL-7402 cells proliferation by cell cycle arrest in G2/M phase (IC50: 8.4 mM). Inhibition of hepatoma carcinoma BEL-7402 cell growth by cell cycle arrest in G2/M phase (inhibitory rate in vitro: 79.3 %, in vivo: 69.1 %), upregulation of Chk1 and Chk2 levels, downregulation of CDC25 and CDK1 levels
Chen et al. (2015)
Inhibition of cycle progression from G2 to M phase in human ovary cell lines (PA-1)
Hou et al. (2019)

Antimetastatic
Matsuo et al. (2011)
In vivo melanoma metastatic assay with B16F10-Nex2cells: significantly reduced lung colonization (p < 0.01)

Insecticidal
Langsi et al. (2020)
Contact toxicity on Sitophilus zeamais after 14 days.

Nematicidal
Wang et al. (2019)
Correlation of mortality rate with α-pinene concentration after fumigation over 48 h

Antibacterial
Da Silva et al. (2012)
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus aureus
de Sousa Eduardo et al. (2018)
Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus.
Loziene et al. (2018)

Antifungal
Da Silva et al. (2012)
Candida albicans; Cryptococcus neoformans; Rhizopus oryzae; Candida parapsilosis
Nikitina et al. (2009)
Rhodotorula rubra; Candida kruzei; Penicillium chrysogenum; Candida albicans
Loziene et al. (2018)
Candida parapsilosis; Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus fumigatus; Trichophyton mentagrophytes; Trichophyton rubrum

Antimalarial
van Zyl et al. (2006)
Chloroquine-resistant strain of Plasmodium falciparum

Anti-inflammatory
Rufino et al. (2014)

Chondroprotective
Inhibition of IL-1β induced NF-κB and JNK activation, decreased genes expression of iNOS and MMP-1 and -13 in human chondrocytes

Antiviral
Yang et al. (2011b)
Inhibition of infectious bronchitis virus (IBV)

Neuroprotective
Miyazawa and Yamafuji (2005)
Inhibition of acetylcholinesterase of bovine erythrocytes

View attachment 33398
It literally inhibits cellular respiration and mitochondrial function;
Cannabinoids inhibit the respiration of human sperm - PubMed

Most of the beneficial effects of marijuana seems to be isolated to pure CBD extracts

Grapelander

Endocannabinoids in Endocrine and Related Tumors
Recent evidence indicates that endocannabinoids influence the intracellular events controlling the proliferation of numerous types of endocrine and related cancer cells, thereby leading to both in vitro and in vivo antitumor effects. In particular, they are able to inhibit cell growth, invasion and metastasis of thyroid, breast and prostate tumors. The chief events of endocannabinoids in cancer cell proliferation are reported highlighting the correspondent signaling involved in tumor processes: regulation of adenylyl cyclase, cyclic AMP-protein kinase-A pathway and MEK-extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling cascade.

Grapelander

When Deb Cole was diagnosed with stage 4 follicular lymphoma and bone cancer, she underwent six rounds of chemotherapy and was put on 14 pharmaceutical drugs. The side effects from the drugs were taking a toll and damaging her body. When she started taking cannabis tincture that she made, the pharmaceutical fog lifted and she weaned herself off all her medications. This week she is 11 years cancer free.

Demyze

Like full-spectrum extracts, edibles, like rick simpso oil?
Its kind of pointless and overpriced tbh, a person would probably get better results from niacinamide

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Interesting experiences, thanks for sharing!

Has your Grandma tried swapping out some of her oral dose with topical application? Also, if she doesn't like the way the stuff makes her feel, she may be able to 'balance out' the THC with some CBD, or even some black pepper. The THC-induced freakouts are indeed no fun lol.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom