Individual Variation In Body Temperature

AdoTintor

In all honesty I believe its a bit of a fix all metabolically. I was very hypo when I first came across Rays work but I couldn't get NDT to work. I'd take it for a couple of weeks then start getting achy legs. It was making me more hypo as I assume at that time I wasnt converting T4 to T3 efficiently.

Progesterone bypassed this problem immediately raising thyroid for me. It also shrunk a small lump in my neck the docs told me was harmless. Not sure what it was but I assume it might have been anything from a small cyst to a goiter or a thyroid nodule. Its completely gone now. My temps rose within a few days of starting progesterone.

We ought to aggregate all these thyroid success stories somewhere. They would illustrate how complex things can be, and give people ideas. I wonder what Broda Barnes would have done with you when NDT didn't work.

mrseb

In all honesty I believe its a bit of a fix all metabolically. I was very hypo when I first came across Rays work but I couldn't get NDT to work. I'd take it for a couple of weeks then start getting achy legs. It was making me more hypo as I assume at that time I wasnt converting T4 to T3 efficiently.

Progesterone bypassed this problem immediately raising thyroid for me. It also shrunk a small lump in my neck the docs told me was harmless. Not sure what it was but I assume it might have been anything from a small cyst to a goiter or a thyroid nodule. Its completely gone now. My temps rose within a few days of starting progesterone.

Interestingly, what dose of progesterone do you use to improve your thyroid?

I feel that using T4/T3 is not very effective for me too. But when I tried a progesterone dose as low as 3mg, my pulse and temperature went up. Usually my pulse can drop to 45 at night and between 50 and 60 during the day (I do a lot of sports). I don't know if it's the progesterone but after three days of taking it my heart rate went up to around 70 for several days.

I don't know how much progesterone is ideal for men so I only take 3mg and not every day.

JKX

Interestingly, what dose of progesterone do you use to improve your thyroid?

I feel that using T4/T3 is not very effective for me too. But when I tried a progesterone dose as low as 3mg, my pulse and temperature went up. Usually my pulse can drop to 45 at night and between 50 and 60 during the day (I do a lot of sports). I don't know if it's the progesterone but after three days of taking it my heart rate went up to around 70 for several days.

I don't know how much progesterone is ideal for men so I only take 3mg and not every day.

Id stick with the minimum therapeautic dose. Whats effective for one person might be too much or too little for someone else.

3mg is nothing to be scared of. Im sure Ray has recommended 3mg per day for a man as a good dose. You may wish to cycle it a few weeks on then off and he has also said it shouldnt be necessary to keep using it, which has been my experience. As long as its supported nutritionally progesterone should always raise temps.

boris

Can someone be healthy even at lower temperatures?
So are you of the opinion that 37 is an universal healthy temperature regardless of the context? That no individual variation exists? My ferritin is close to the ideal range for thyroid functioning (130 ng/ml), and cronometer has not revealed any glaring holes in nutrition intake. B-vit status is unknown, I've experimented with every other b-vitamin except B1, which is what I'm going to do soon.

Why does your body need to be at 37C/98.6F?
Enzymes in the body need to reach a certain temperature to work at their optimal rate of reaction, and for many of our enzymes it's 37C/98.6F.

There are ways to measure your rate of metabolism apart from temperature, like measuring water evaporation to see how many calories you are burning.

boris

Why is being healthy so complex? Common sense says it shouldn't have to be.

Because your health is being damaged in complex ways.
In an ideal environment things would be different.

-(actually it's not that complex, when you have a good baseline it's mostly sticking to non toxic foods :D)

Last edited:
OP
TheSir

TheSir

Enzymes in the body need to reach a certain temperature to work at their optimal rate of reaction, and for many of our enzymes it's 37C/98.6F.
What kind of functions are these enzymes responsible for?

boris

They basically help all the chemical reactions that take place in the body. From digesting food to building tissues.

yerrag

Because your health is being damaged in complex ways.
In an ideal environment things would be different.

-(actually it's not that complex, when you have a good baseline it's mostly sticking to non toxic foods :D)
Cave man wins over civilized man.