Is Angiogenesis Bad Or Just VEGF?

AretnaP

The vast majority of studies done concerning the capillary density of old people conclude that they have lower CD than younger people, at the same time it's been linked to cancer and inflammation.

If you want evidence that angiogenesis is impaired in older people you can look it up, or maybe I could post some links soon.

So here's the question, is angiogenesis bad, or just VEGF? I heard VEGF itself was inflammatory, but I don't know.

It seems that if you're to fight aging, you have to find a way to maintain capillary density.

@haidut, I want to hear from you, it seems VEGF shares similar inflammatory properties with HGH, but it also seems that it should be maintained to some degree in older people and that fighting aging must mean the maintenance of angiogenesis in some way.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The vast majority of studies done concerning the capillary density of old people conclude that they have lower CD than younger people, at the same time it's been linked to cancer and inflammation.

If you want evidence that angiogenesis is impaired in older people you can look it up, or maybe I could post some links soon.

So here's the question, is angiogenesis bad, or just VEGF? I heard VEGF itself was inflammatory, but I don't know.

It seems that if you're to fight aging, you have to find a way to maintain capillary density.

@haidut, I want to hear from you, it seems VEGF shares similar inflammatory properties with HGH, but it also seems that it should be maintained to some degree in older people and that fighting aging must mean the maintenance of angiogenesis in some way.

VEGF is simply the response to perceived hypoxia. I don't know of any case where it is good to have it elevated long term. It's primary role as a healthy response is wound healing. VEGF rises when there is not enough CO2, so it is a deficiency of CO2 that needs to be address IMO. I would not try to raise VEGF as (similar to estrogen) I doubt it is ever low. Lactic acid is the most potent endogenous stimulator of VEGF and we all produce enough lactic acid, no matter what age we are at.

OP
AretnaP

AretnaP

VEGF is simply the response to perceived hypoxia. I don't know of any case where it is good to have it elevated long term. It's primary role as a healthy response is wound healing. VEGF rises when there is not enough CO2, so it is a deficiency of CO2 that needs to be address IMO. I would not try to raise VEGF as (similar to estrogen) I doubt it is ever low. Lactic acid is the most potent endogenous stimulator of VEGF and we all produce enough lactic acid, no matter what age we are at.
Yeah, I thought VEGF was inflammatory and damaging to the body, similar to growth hormone.

I am still convinced that if aging is to someday be prevented and reversed that the problem of low capillary density in older people must be solved.

GorillaHead

Yeah, I thought VEGF was inflammatory and damaging to the body, similar to growth hormone.

I am still convinced that if aging is to someday be prevented and reversed that the problem of low capillary density in older people must be solved.
Is it a stem cell issue

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals