Investing in physical silver

Sam321

Hi ,
I wanted to start a thread on how, where and what to do when investing in silver.
I simply chose silver because gold is too expensive in my opinion.
I dont want to trade or make money , I simply want to convert my money into something that will keep some of its value , no matter what's going to happen in the next months.

The scenario of you not getting access to (all of) your money, money loosing its value, another banking crisis or banks getting "hacked" seems to become more likely .

So does anybody have any advice on where and how to buy physical silver? Or any good information sources ?

That's Peats opinion on investing in physical gold and silver:

"Yes, those are durable and portable, and will always have some value."
Interesting things about silver.

1) Its already been demonitized, unlike gold. So the Gov can really slam the price with pulling that rug out.
2) JP Morgan has been artificially suppressing the price for years to get largest monopoly world has ever seen. Theres a reason for this.
3) More of a fixed supply.
4) "Alternative Energy" economy depends on it.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

JP Morgan has been artificially suppressing the price for years to get largest monopoly world has ever seen. Theres a reason for this.
The price has been really low compared to 2010-2012 ... also now seems like a good time to buy silver, since the price is the lowest of the last 1,5 years .
Why do you think JP Morgan is suppressing the silver price?

Unrelated but what do you think china has to with all that? Apparently they've been stocking up massively on gold and silver in the last years ...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Quick addition for Germany:
So you have to pay 7% taxes on silver coins from outside of the EU and 19% from inside the EU .
I was surprised that both of them have almost identical prices, so I asked a seller over email and they said they ship it overseas AND back so they dont have to pay the additional 12% taxes . So price-wise theres no difference and in this case its probably better to buy European silver coins,as @Guacamayo said.

Sam321

The price has been really low compared to 2010-2012 ... also now seems like a good time to buy silver, since the price is the lowest of the last 1,5 years .

Unrelated but what do you think china has to with all that? Apparently they've been stocking up massively on gold and silver in the last years ...
The JP scandal/strategy is public knowledge and very googleable. Both them, China and many others are playing the long game.

When global fiat goes ***s up, they want to corner the market of real monies and control whatever monetary system that is stacked on top of it in the future.

Sam321

The JP scandal/strategy is public knowledge and very googleable. Both them, China and many others are playing the long game.

When global fiat goes ***s up, they want to corner the market of real monies and control whatever monetary system that is stacked on top of it in the future.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

What do you guys think of china and its gold reserves?
It seems commonly accepted that they hold way more gold than they admit.

"Since 2009, China has withdrawn 12,000 tonnes of gold from the rest of the world,..."

(China Gold Reserves – How much gold does China really have?)

One reason might be that they want to release a gold backed yuan or a gold backed cryptocurrency (hence the recent ban on bitcoin),if that happens goldprices will skyrocket . So investing in physical gold or anything that's at least somewhat correlated to the gold price might be a good idea (for example gold mines).

(Max Keiser: China secretly hoarding gold)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Actually part of that already happened they launched the yuan and 140 million chinese have already used it.
It's a digital currency, but it's the opposite of bitcoin, because they can see exactly when and who bought what .
In the future they could forbid certain people to buy certain things with the digital yuan . Total control.

JamesGatz

Wooooooo I like this thread - I went from a 1 silver eagle holder to a 12 silver eagle holder - 6 silver eagles in each of my pockets at all times - I am just waiting for the day I can replace all this silver with gold instead because I don't want to go through tarnish - the effects are awesome I am continuing to buy more

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Wooooooo I like this thread - I went from a 1 silver eagle holder to a 12 silver eagle holder - 6 silver eagles in each of my pockets at all times - I am just waiting for the day I can replace all this silver with gold instead because I don't want to go through tarnish - the effects are awesome I am continuing to buy more
Same, I bought like 50 ounces in the last month and for a similar price I got like 1,5 ounces of gold. It's crazy how expensive gold is. Especially when you know that there's less silver under the earth than gold.
But there's many scenarios where silver and gold go way up: stock market collapse, hyperinflation , ...
But the banks basically controlle the price so I'm not sure, if they wanna see gold go to the moon ...

I also invested in some gold and silver miners .

I'd really like to know what China is up to with all that gold...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Safe store of value...
20220125_204443.png

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"... Americans having purchased 91.3 tonnes of the yellow metal in the past nine months (+79%), while in China and India gold buying has surged by 54% and 24% respectively."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Silver!
20220304_224312.png

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

yup. Gold backed digital currency vs digital currency backed by dog ***t.....Who will win??
This is the end of the petrodollar , the us dollar as major world reserve currency and thus the end of the US as a super power.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals