If the CO2 is evil narrative is the next scam to be pushed on us how exactly is bitcoin/crypto supposed to survive the next economic collapse ?

HighT

@Miggie @Cloudhands Thanks.
After I buy multiple type of coins, will need only one to skyrocket and then I retire. Sounds like a good gamble isn't it.

Do you know why bitcoin went up before. I assume it's because many people bought therefore the prize increase. If this, maybe one should buy some of the most popular coins, right? Any other reasons ?

I honestly don't think BTC is going to liberate us. The powers that be may seize/destroy mining operations to give themselves more than 51% and potentially control the currency. Blockchain tech is perfect for enslavement if it is in the wrongs hands. I do like the idea of Monero, though.
Ye, I think the same. But what makes Monero different?

K

Kayaker

True anonymity.
You can be "truly anonymous" if you buy bitcoin anonymously (buying it with cash from a person who doesn't know you). The fact that Monero doesn't have a public ledger makes it superior only if you don't take that essential step, and if you don't somehow misstep after that, like if you order something illegal off the darknet from a honeypot and provide your address, then they tie your bitcoin to your identity and can see all your past transactions. But a way to avoid that is to launder the bitcoin first, then they won't be able to tell who that person was who was transferred bitcoin, only that they (and many others) put it in a laundry service, and that you received from the laundry service.

Don't rely solely on technology for anonymity, especially in black marketplaces. It's why you should take care to write similarly to the majority of them. Blending in is what's important.

Miggie

After I buy multiple type of coins, will need only one to skyrocket and then I retire. Sounds like a good gamble isn't it.

Do you know why bitcoin went up before. I assume it's because many people bought therefore the prize increase. If this, maybe one should buy some of the most popular coins, right? Any other reasons ?

Ye, I think the same. But what makes Monero different?

The reasons all the coins are skyrocketing is because of the stablecoin printers going BRRR. USDT is a stablecoin thats being bot traded to make sure its value always stays at 1 usd. If someone tries to long or short it the bots will liquidate that user. USDT has printed over 40.000.000.000 usdt this year alone, from thin air. That money is used to inflate assets such as bitcoin and ETH. the money of retail investors is such a small amount that it wouldn't make the price skyrocket like this.

If you plan on buying coins make sure you move them to a wallet. If you keep them on a shady exchange they can pull a mt.gox on you and pretend they are hacked and you lost all of them.

Some wallets that are good for use are

Exodus- software wallet on your phone and pc. Make sure you memorize and write down the 12 word phrase so you can always recover.
Ledger- hardware wallet, this has an added protection because you have a physical devise which you need to use and approve any transaction you make. It also has an app. It does have a lot of different coins it supports but check their website to see if the ones you want to buy are being supported.
d'cent wallet. Same as Ledger
Trezor. Same as Ledger

tankasnowgod

If this is your plan, you better put some specifics on it. For example, how much of an x factor is "skyrocketing?" Litecoin in 2017, for example, went from a price of $3.9 to a high of $358 (using the figures on Coin Market Cap). If you were in that trade... excellent! You got a 91x! That's huge, investors rarely get that on their money!

But... how much do you need to retire? At least a few million, yeah? Well, to get to, say, $3 Million, even timing things perfectly, you still would have needed to invest..... $32,967. Do you have that much to invest? Do you know a "sure thing" coin? Can you get in and out at the right times?

And do you have tens of thousands to invest in 5-10 different coins?

HighT

@Miggie , Thank you for the throught info.
If you plan on buying coins make sure you move them to a wallet. If you keep them on a shady exchange they can pull a mt.gox on you and pretend they are hacked and you lost all of them.
Ye I've heard that before,but also that hardwares are tousands of dollars. This Ledger thing seems pretty cheap and must be more secure than software wallets, right?

But... how much do you need to retire? At least a few million, yeah? Well, to get to, say, $3 Million, even timing things perfectly, you still would have needed to invest..... $32,967. Do you have that much to invest? Do you know a "sure thing" coin? Can you get in and out at the right times?

And do you have tens of thousands to invest in 5-10 different coins?

I just wanna buy a piece of land where I could raise like 10 calfs , 10-20 goats and ships some hens and a small organic garden. A trad wife and 10 kids. This is what I mean for retirement. And where I live, it can cost 100-150K if done properly, but also could be done with 50K or less. The problem is I don't have a single dime to invest. :D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4z1XUBi_wU

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I just wanna buy a piece of land where I could raise like 10 calfs , 10-20 goats and ships some hens and a small organic garden. A trad wife and 10 kids. This is what I mean for retirement. And where I live, it can cost 100-150K if done properly, but also could be done with 50K or less.
I wouldn't think of this as "retirement." What you are talking about is certainly work. This is more being self employed in agriculture as a farmer.

So, your goal should be maybe $200-300,000 then. Give yourself a bit of a cushion. You aren't "retiring," you are investing in a business.

10 kids? I don't know what kind of "traditional" wife you are looking for. Even people my parents and grandparents ages who came from big families had around 5-6 kids.

And if you really want this, start acting and talking more like an adult. Don't use fake words like "Trad." If you are too lazy to say or type three extra syllables, you won't be able to handle a wife or a single kid.
The problem is I don't have a single dime to invest. :D
Well then, you better start swapping your labor for some currency of the land. Learn a skill or learn about the financial system.

IROM

Bitcoin is an enemy of the ruling class but even better versions of Bitcoin like XMR are even more the enemy of the ruling class. The ruling class will use these systems and reserve it for themselves to operate under cover of complete anonymity. Meanwhile, the open ledger coins with some centralized control will be offered to public.

The average person will have access to banking coins and appcoins. My thinking is that they will limit your capacity to buy anything, to enter markets for particular classes of products. Perhaps auto coins, grocery coins, rent coins, real estate coins etc.

For a long time most of this will be on the back end though.

Look for IMF shock therapy type treatment of any country which tries to adopt Bitcoin.

K

Kayaker

Well then, you better start swapping your labor for some currency of the land. Learn a skill or learn about the financial system.
Is it possible to avoid theft of your newfound currency by identifying as an entity of some sort?

ThinPicking

And if you really want this, start acting and talking more like an adult. Don't use fake words like "Trad." If you are too lazy to say or type three extra syllables, you won't be able to handle a wife or a single kid.
Boss.

Well said.

HighT

I wouldn't think of this as "retirement." What you are talking about is certainly work. This is more being self employed in agriculture as a farmer.

So, your goal should be maybe $200-300,000 then. Give yourself a bit of a cushion. You aren't "retiring," you are investing in a business.

10 kids? I don't know what kind of "traditional" wife you are looking for. Even people my parents and grandparents ages who came from big families had around 5-6 kids.

I already have two children and an ex wife, not trad thou, but thank you for live coaching ? So your grandparents knowpeople who had 5-6 children, well then I shouldn't want more. And it seems you know the prizes of land and stuff in my country better than me...

Don't use fake words like "Trad." If you are too lazy to say or type three extra syllables
Said the guy who has written God with small g.

tankasnowgod

I already have two children and an ex wife, not trad thou, but thank you for live coaching ? So your grandparents knowpeople who had 5-6 children, well then I shouldn't want more. And it seems you know the prizes of land and stuff in my country better than me...
I never claimed to know the price or "prize" of land in your country. I made a suggestion based on what you said. If you need about 100-150K, I think setting a goal in excess of that is a good idea. Always good to have a cushion.

In general, if you don't have the money or resources to take care of yourself (you said you don't even have a dime to invest), I don't think it's wise to have children. If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of others?
Said the guy who has written God with small g.
What does that have to do with anything? The word "God" or "god" itself didn't come into existence until the 1500s or so. The Bible was not written in English, and if you go back to the original Hebrew (for the Old Testament), that language had no capital letters, anyway. When I use the word "god," I am not necessarily referring to The Creator of the Boundless Universe (which is the best term that I have heard so far, although I think shortening it to "The Creator" works well too).

Miggie

@Miggie , Thank you for the throught info.

Ye I've heard that before,but also that hardwares are tousands of dollars. This Ledger thing seems pretty cheap and must be more secure than software wallets, right?
Yes, I have a Ledger Nano X myself. You can pair it with bluetooth through your phone. The nano S only has a USB connection.

the difference between this and a software wallet is that you need to physically validate every transaction on your ledger so its an extra security. lets say someone manages to steal your phone. On exodus if they managed to get into the app they could steal all your funds while on the ledger app they could only see the coins you have but would need to have the ledger as well to steal all your coins.

HighT

@tankasnowgod Is that you taking care of my kids and me? Listen buddy, it's time to shut up, can't remeber asking you sht, not even for crypto. So hold your bitching. As for the prices prizes and trad we clarified that you don't write correctly in your own language but pointing to others. I would bet a shtcoin my engish is better than your second language if you even know any.

tankasnowgod

@tankasnowgod Is that you taking care of my kids and me?
No, I was just responding to your posts, and citing the things you claimed about yourself.
Listen buddy, it's time to shut up, can't remeber asking you sht, not even for crypto.
Whoa, hostility! This really isn't justified. You said you don't even "have a dime to invest," and I was just suggesting that adding extra mouths to feed (and eight of them!) when you are (apparently) broke is not a good idea. Of course, you are free to do as you please, but this is basic common sense.
So hold your bitching.
I did no such thing.
As for the prices prizes and trad we clarified that you don't write correctly in your own language but pointing to others.
You clarified no such thing. If you go to a dictionary, you can clearly see that the word "god" can be spelled with or without a capital letter, depending on what it is referring to.

HighT

Yes, I have a Ledger Nano X myself. You can pair it with bluetooth through your phone. The nano S only has a USB connection.

the difference between this and a software wallet is that you need to physically validate every transaction on your ledger so its an extra security. lets say someone manages to steal your phone. On exodus if they managed to get into the app they could steal all your funds while on the ledger app they could only see the coins you have but would need to have the ledger as well to steal all your coins.
Thanks!

I was thinking about crypto and one could buy these coins recommended as green by WEF. But at some point they will make you jumping through their hoops, in order to operate with the crypto they approve.

So contrary option is to buy such coins that are used in black markets and being more anonymous.

If the automobile companies could stop making petrol cars just like that, this would mean it will be restrictions on electricity usage as well.

Therefore any given coin which is not green, will either increase value( cause big amounts can't be mined) or just die off.

Meta

The most efficient blockchains use consensus protocol instead of Proof Of Work. the energy required to reach consenses is a fraction of what Visa currently uses, takes less than 5 seconds to transact and the fees are a fration of a penny. Which is why the remittance market is going to be the most impacted by blockchain.

Cloudhands

The most efficient blockchains use consensus protocol instead of Proof Of Work. the energy required to reach consenses is a fraction of what Visa currently uses, takes less than 5 seconds to transact and the fees are a fration of a penny. Which is why the remittance market is going to be the most impacted by blockchain.
check out helium

Mauritio

A crash might be right around the corner . Especially a crash of the dollar. I don't know how they will avoid it . Postpone it , yes. Avoid it, can't see that right now.
If they raise rates ,they will cause a recession and crash the markets. However, if they allow inflation to continue that will destroy what's left of the middle class and that might be the start of riots and violence ,maybe even a civil war.
They're planning digital government-currencies all over the globe (china , EU, israel) and I dont think they will let their own digital currencies compete with bitcoin et. al. So either they are going to crash bitcoin or have really "good arguments " (similar to the vaccine arguments) for everybody to use it.

As for ways to be a winner, or at least not a loser in a coming crash i think: physical gold and silver +mining stocks are good. Maybe also swiss franc in cash and some oil or gas stocks .
That of course only works when the crash wone turn into a civil war , then you're winning with guns and ammo .

I've read some interesting articles on this topic in the last days.

This one goes more into the recent signs of a coming crash:

This one is super long but gives a good picture about our financial system and why its designed to fail (+ what's up with china? ):

There's also some good articles by QTR on this topic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom